Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pony: Jacob
Poison: Wendell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ApplesandOranges posted:

Oh yeah,

Pony: Michael
Poison: Bradley

Like I don't know if I can actually think of any under 21-year olds that have been good at/positive for the game but I'm gonna take a chance here.

It's just over but Spencer only turned 21 a month before Cagayan

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

resident posted:

A friendly reminder that two of you picked Jacob as your ponies. Possibly the worst survivor of all time.

It's me, I'm the Jacob of the thread :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dom and Chris instantly blowing up old Nefiti was like a dumpster fire of bad Survivor play. Also James is dumb, if you're worried about Dom having a real idol then you vote him out now when he's not expecting to go home. Now he's feeling under pressure and will be thinking about using it.

e: Also Libby is gorgeous :swoon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sand Monster posted:

There's also at least one other girl out there who I think hasn't even spoken on camera. I've seen her at challenges, so I'm pretty sure she exists, but beyond that she's invisible.

I thought this was meant to be an all-newbie season. Why did no one tell me that Purple Kelly got invited back?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm really feeling this season now. Both tribes have got compelling stories with Chris and Domenick blowing up a clear advantage on one side and Michael and Stephanie fighting to come back from behind on the other.

Bradley suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

clown shoes posted:

I haven't watched Survivor in years but a friend of mine convinced me to watch this season. The last full season I watched was Marquesas (season four) and after looking at the list of contestants the only one I remember is Vecepia, probably because she won. Obviously I love the first season; it's one of the greatest seasons of television ever. I did return to the show briefly for All-Stars but quit early on because I wasn't into it. The only thing I remember is Rich wagging his doodle at Susan and her rage-quitting.

Oh my god dude go watch Micronesia. You can thank me later.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh man Worlds Apart suuuuuuuuuucked

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Zesty posted:

That episode was really dull. Chris was the only interesting plot point and he didn't even go to tribal.

I thought they did a decent job with what they had to work with. Sometimes the tribe dynamics are just simple. I liked how they showed each of the original Malolos had their own approach to getting through and the deeper looks we got at Michael/Stephanie as people. Bummed that Steph's gone but really glad Michael survived. He's becoming my most favourite player for a fair few seasons now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

.TakaM posted:

Also it seems like most of them have been duds so far

This is so true, although I guess it's essential to keep advantages from getting too out of control even for Survivor producers.

I just want my loving stick idol dammit :argh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Is it just me or is there something really creepy about Dom going 'Libby is a beautiful lady Satan' when she's essentially done nothing this whole game?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Propaganda Machine posted:

She pulled the crap with him and Morgan a couple weeks back. I don't blame him.

As I recall it Libby tried (admittedly, badly) to save Morgan but her tribe weren't swayed and she understandably went with the numbers. It's not like she was the driving force in knifing Morgan in the back. To me it sounded like it came from a sexist 'all hot women are trying to deceive you' place.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
It's rare for someone to come along that's a big enough dick they get voted out because nobody wants to live with them. God speed :patriot:

Lone Goat posted:

Not to pick on you but I was looking at the OP and saw this and had a chuckle.

:negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god I'm all in on the Wendell :bandwagon:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

If Chris hadn't risked his vote he would have had a one-shot idol that he had to play at this tribal, guaranteeing his own safety. This episode really was the perfect storm of gently caress-ups.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

clown shoes posted:

While watching older seasons recently I realized that the tribal council music has changed in the later years. Any reason for the change?

I really liked Second Changes. Now I'm watching Game Changers.

Second Chances is a fantastic season. It's got a bunch of great characters, a heartwarming winner and I still see it as the pinnacle of gameplay.

drat, now I want to rewatch Second Chances.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The thing with Zeke and GC is that his head was a mess after Varner had outed him and he admitted himself that he was already mentally checked out of the game. I don't think he can be blamed for blowing himself up at that point.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't wait for Chris's returner season

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
As much as people are talking up Dom/Wendell as the dangerous players I think the Naviti girls are a much bigger risk at the moment. They're really locked in together and behind the scenes of the Chris/Dom war they've been dictating the votes for most of the game. Really glad to see Michael save himself tonight. For all the deserved poo poo the show gets for having too many advantages there's still nothing like a well-timed idol play :discourse:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Yeah it felt like she was doing it out of a desire to feel in charge rather than as a smart strategic move

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Awww Michael :(

This season is dull gameplay that's still enjoyable cause of the players are so entertaining but dear god is Naviti strong dull. And now it's too late for the B Team to overthrow Dom/Wendell so great going on that one.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I can't really blame Michael or Jenna for not getting the Malolos act together. Dom had locked Laurel and Donathan in fairly early in the Pagonging so they were never going to go into a Malolo thing all the way anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fiji is good because the Four Horsemen are literally Wile E. Coyote and they get appropriately taken apart.

• Locked thread