Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Wirth1000 posted:

Karel Abraham retired due to wrist pain lmao.

Miller was a corpse and Pedrosa dead

Is Abraham even there for a reason beyond grid filler and/or good will from Brno?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Is Abraham even there for a reason beyond grid filler and/or good will from Brno?

His dad owns the Brno circuit.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Can I just take this moment to say that I'm feeling #Blessed that F1 is so bad y'all came to motogp and brought some life to the race thread

Grazie Ragazzi

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
F1 has actually been great people just got really fed up with all the MotoGP chat in the F1 thread

MotoGP hella owns though and I followed it for a long time, distinctly remember Lorenzo's debut and all of his crazy loving high sides and stopped watching cause I couldn't bear to watch Rossi at Ducati and now I'm excited to once more to religiously follow it yet again.

Wirth1000 fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Apr 24, 2018

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Ya I started watching late 2015 mostly because of the vague connection between it and karting and seeing Iannone headbutt a seagull sealed it for me.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
This was the worst MotoGP race in quite a while and all the F1 posters came here, can't be a coincidence

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

This was the worst MotoGP race in quite a while and all the F1 posters came here, can't be a coincidence

Tough but fair.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Holy poo poo was that race awful lmao

Not even any sort of midfield tussle or scraps for the last podium bits. Nothing except for a small amount of 'moments'.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Wirth1000 posted:

Holy poo poo was that race awful lmao

Not even any sort of midfield tussle or scraps for the last podium bits. Nothing except for a small amount of 'moments'.

Yeah it was like shockingly dull

Qualifying was literally more exciting

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

First sign of a crap race: replaying the start a few laps in.

Second sign of a crap race: BATTLE FOR 19th caption on screen.

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Slavvy posted:

Second sign of a crap race: BATTLE FOR 19th caption on screen.

Hey they need to figure out some way to get coverage for Lorenzo.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Own the av, love the av, live the av.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Wirth1000 posted:

His dad owns the Brno circuit.

I know. That's why I wanted to know if he has anything to offer other than that. Not like his stint in WSBK was worth writing about.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I know. That's why I wanted to know if he has anything to offer other than that. Not like his stint in WSBK was worth writing about.

Did I mention his dad owns the Brno circuit?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Did I mention his dad owns the Brno circuit?

No but did you mention that his dad owned every team he was with up until a few years ago? Maybe the person who told you his dad owns the Brno circuit should have mentioned that.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Hey listen when he got bumped to motogp he knew people would say this stuff but it wasn't gonna be true cause he got that one lucky win in the first season of moto2.

1500quidporsche posted:

Hey they need to figure out some way to get coverage for Lorenzo.

:saddowns: I'm gonna be so happy when Lorenzo gets on a decent bike and starts winning or at least complaining about losing to Marquez from a hard pass

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost

nsaP posted:

Hey listen when he got bumped to motogp he knew people would say this stuff but it wasn't gonna be true cause he got that one lucky win in the first season of moto2.

:saddowns: I'm gonna be so happy when Lorenzo gets on a decent bike and starts winning or at least complaining about losing to Marquez from a hard pass

COTA is always a bit of a procession behind Marky Mark, the Moto3 and Moto2 races were pretty good. I dont give it long till Joan Mir is crushing it in Moto2.

Roll on Jerez, I'll be trackside, sadly nanny state airline regulations mean i wont be able to bring the traditional Jerez celebratory device
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFuGnGSIuE8

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
That is a man that likes to be the center of attention

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Crutchlow fastest in FP2, now is the time to speculate wildly about the race.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
he's gonna crash out after he runs across a random river of Lorenzo's tears cause he's stuck dead last and struggling hard. As usual.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Meanwhile zarco is sponsored by genuine Yamaha factory tears.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Wirth1000 posted:

he's gonna crash out after he runs across a random river of Lorenzo's tears cause he's stuck dead last and struggling hard. As usual.

Maybe this year "everybody" will stuff it up the inside line against Lorenzo in "Lorenzo Corner" instead of just Rossi and Marquez.

Holy poo poo Crutchlow took pole and supposedly the top 12 are only separated by 0.8 seconds. Maybe it'll be a real race.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 5, 2018

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

It'll be a real race among the Hondas yeah.

Iannone is my only hope :(

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lmao motorcycle racing is cool and good that was some intensely funny poo poo

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
literally leaped out of my chair and screamed what!!! when it happened

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The result though

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wiz0UsBPac

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Further viewing, that was Lorenzo's screw up all the way. Clattered right into Danny and ricocheted into Dovi.

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 6, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Skreemer posted:

Further viewing, that was Lorenzo's screw up all the way. Clattered right into Danny and ricocheted into Dovi.

Seems like a racing incident to me. They were both going for what would be legal moves if the other wasn't there, just all happened at once too fast for them both to realize.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Skreemer posted:

This post shows an ignorance of what is to be expected when racing motorcycles.

I'm not sure what happened in that incident but I think the only take away from it is that it was Marquez' fault and he's a dangerous rider who needs to be penalized. Clearly if he had not been shooting off at the front then Dovi would not have made that pass attempt and none of this would have happened.

He's ruining the sport.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
ncraP isn't wrong

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

nsaP posted:

This post shows an ignorance of what is to be expected when racing motorcycles.

I'm not sure what happened in that incident but I think the only take away from it is that it was Marquez' fault and he's a dangerous rider who needs to be penalized. Clearly if he had not been shooting off at the front then Dovi would not have made that pass attempt and none of this would have happened.

He's ruining the sport.

That's exactly what I think. Marquez happened to be racing that day so any fall is immediately his fault for being too fast.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Moto3 was a fun race too. Good luck for Zarco in the main race.

Magnaflux
Jun 28, 2007
I haven't seen it mentioned here but BeIN sports is posting up all of the MotoAmerica Superbike (formerly AMA) series on YouTube on the Mondays after a race weekend.

This past weekends races were at VIR and provided some pretty good battles.

Race 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNCNBa7PKJo

Race 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaC-oAKt1iw

bobo333
Jul 4, 2009

Progress peaked with frozen pizza.

YNWA
why is literally every spanish racer from catalonia - coincidence or conspiracy?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
After watching the WorldSBK races, I think want to live at Imola.
Rea does the double.

Ana Carrasco won the SuperSport300 race, after a wreck by the two folks fighting for 2nd, she destroyed the field by 13 seconds. At the end of the first lap she was almost 2 seconds up on the rest. There were 14 wrecks and retirements from the race, all of them caused by Marc Marquez because he happens to also ride a motorcycle.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
Some pics from race day in Jerez, i missed the crash by seconds, and had managed to get sun cream on my camera lens so there's a smudge on all the pics :/

https://imgur.com/a/hIqbaF3

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Zarco gets pole for Le Mans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That Q2 was insane. Zarco really seems like he might do it this time - the factory yamahas are lost.