Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

lol you could feasibly keep on doing that crisis path, fighting off your previous old empire, forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

HelloSailorSign posted:

lol you could feasibly keep on doing that crisis path, fighting off your previous old empire, forever

until only your last empire remains in the ruins of a broken galaxy.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Soylent Pudding posted:

I really want to combine that with rogue servitors and take the entire galactic population to nirvana.

I still want to know where pops on ships is going to happen so we can have GSVs

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

AtomikKrab posted:

until only your last empire remains in the ruins of a broken galaxy.

There's a few sci fi stories like this. Isn't that implied in the end of the book 2001 A Space Odyssey? And Transformers: Last Bot Standing.

I'm also reminded of a mix of the Astronomicon and a weaponised Deep Thought, lol.

You could already have multiple empires as Crisis Aspirants, right? Now we can see different galactic apocalypses duking it out.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Apr 19, 2024

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You could already have multiple empires as Crisis Aspirants, right? Now we can see different galactic apocalypses duking it out.

The AI will never take the perk if there is more than 1 already, so best case you'll get two AIs and then yourself.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's a few sci fi stories like this. Isn't that implied in the end of the book 2001 A Space Odyssey? And Transformers: Last Bot Standing.

I'm also reminded of a mix of the Astronomicon and a weaponised Deep Thought, lol.

"We made too many pockets universes and now the parent universe is going to suffer a total existence failure" is the penultimate state of relatively current media property the three body problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Splicer posted:

"We made too many pockets universes and now the parent universe is going to suffer a total existence failure" is the penultimate state of relatively current media property the three body problem

Thank you for the spoiler -- I was wondering what that show was about, and that's the best explanation I've seen. :tipshat: