Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
The requirements for building Hyperspace Registrars seem to be bugged-out. I can research a tech to give me them, but I've already been building them for ages.

Anyone know a way to change the difficulty of a game in progress? I started on Ensign to re-learn the game with all the changes, but I've completely run away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Bug report: The diplomacy menu has a drop down to change what empire you're talking to. Is it new in Nemesis? It must be post-federation anyway. Well using it doesn't change the text-scoping. I.e. if you are talking to empire A then use the drop down to select Empire B and insult them, the text will say "gently caress you, Empire A!"

Also getting the crazy light show when building some mining bases, as someone else mention earlier.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Darkrenown posted:

Bug report: The diplomacy menu has a drop down to change what empire you're talking to. Is it new in Nemesis? It must be post-federation anyway. Well using it doesn't change the text-scoping. I.e. if you are talking to empire A then use the drop down to select Empire B and insult them, the text will say "gently caress you, Empire A!"

"Oops, wrong chat".

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thank gently caress I learned how to use the Irony Mod Manager and merge my mod pack before the new patch hit!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
One of my mods tossed up a recurring empty dialog on hand start and it made me sad. I'll narrow it down later.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ilkhan posted:

One of my mods tossed up a recurring empty dialog on hand start and it made me sad. I'll narrow it down later.

I have this too and it persisted after removing all my mods. I'm currently in the middle of a clean reinstall

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Gentle reminder that today is patch day, and any games you play are doomed. Come back in a week imo.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Who in their right mind runs modded the day of this big an overhaul

Y'all got problems

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Splicer posted:

Y'all got problems
I just didn't unmod it. But I'll remove them and reinstall.

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 16, 2021

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Splicer posted:

Y'all got problems
1. Goto Irony Mod Manager the day or so before the patch.
2. Import your mod collection from the launcher.
3. Merge your collection (stored on your personal drive)
4. Roll back to 2.81 when the patch hits and laugh.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Grouchio posted:

1. Goto Irony Mod Manager the day or so before the patch.
2. Import your mod collection from the launcher.
3. Merge your collection (stored on your personal drive)
4. Roll back to 2.81 when the patch hits and laugh.
Given that step 0. was "pretty much stop playing the game because the building unlock system annoyed me so much and also I've been really liking forwad to the new first contact mechanics" this seems like extremely bad advice.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

While it pains me, my friend and I won't play Dick until our core mods have gotten their updates, with the likely exception of the mod(s) that add 40-50 new tradition trees. That one's probably going to take a... while to rebalance.

Oh and when we used the mod last year, we found this pretty funny bug:

https://twitter.com/ThaumPenguin/status/1246841746492919808?s=19

My guess is that it may have been a leftover from before planetary tiles were excised. It only showed up in the hivemind version of that particular tradition tree, so it was easy to miss. I reached out to the mod dev and they pushed out a fix almost right away, so kudos to them.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Anyone else getting in-system view graphical errors?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

binge crotching posted:

They are stored in the save, you'll need to dig through it and find them.

Managed to do this and the custom bios were in there too thankfully so that was a nice surprise!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Azuth0667 posted:

Anyone else getting in-system view graphical errors?

Yep, and my science ships will sometimes scoot past systems I specifically told them to survey.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
My first contact abductions have all failed so far, so perhaps this is already the case, but playing as a driven assimilator or raider empire you should get an actual pop out of it.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

So I'm lazy and didn't read patch notes or anything. I see that hive mind's spawning pool now operates by activating the 'assembly' growth slot at a 2.0 rate, which is uh, pretty good. So 5 amenities and 2 pop growth for 6 food, pretty good. Did they change like gene clinics or something to give normal empires a way to grow people in the assembly slot too?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

So I'm not sure if it's a result of becoming the crisis or the total war CB that comes with it but as the crisis you flat out destroy stations now instead of taking them and their system as territory. It's easy on the empire sprawl but kind of sucks if you had plans to use that freshly conquered space to make repairs, since it's gone now. You'll also need to send a construction ship to rebuild the stuff you wiped out too.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:

And Tyler Too! posted:

So I'm not sure if it's a result of becoming the crisis or the total war CB that comes with it but as the crisis you flat out destroy stations now instead of taking them and their system as territory. It's easy on the empire sprawl but kind of sucks if you had plans to use that freshly conquered space to make repairs, since it's gone now. You'll also need to send a construction ship to rebuild the stuff you wiped out too.

that's a result of the extermination CB. the other CB you get (integration) doesn't have the same effect and forces them to become your vassal. alternatively, you can conquer as per usual.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

how did they add more info on what the different diplomatic arrangements do in the proposal screen and still not tell you how much, if any, influence they cost?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? wtf

update on this- actually it tells you the influence costs for some, but not others. research agreements mention the upsides but don't mention the influence cost.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ZypherIM posted:

So I'm lazy and didn't read patch notes or anything. I see that hive mind's spawning pool now operates by activating the 'assembly' growth slot at a 2.0 rate, which is uh, pretty good. So 5 amenities and 2 pop growth for 6 food, pretty good. Did they change like gene clinics or something to give normal empires a way to grow people in the assembly slot too?

Cloning vats.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

I stripped out all mods happily because now I can finally fight the Contingency (might be my 2nd time ever?) as a choice and it'll count for ~achievements~

The Khan starting up when my maxed out fleet cap had me at a whopping 3k power meant a quick surrender.

I'm enjoying the new changes so far, and I really enjoy the new first contact stuff and involving envoys more. I enjoy that I'm not putting Society research on hold for first contact all the time. I also enjoyed picking the wrong Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra choice in first contact, that got a giggle.

Working through to gather intel on other empires rather than just knowing their entire borders, planets, relative fleet strength, etc., is a nice change. I'm super happy your first contact message choice actually means something now.

But I'm doing really poorly dealing with the new building slot unlocking. I'm rather behind on my empire sprawl when I'm usually much better.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I've been having a lot of fun with espionage but the high level items seem like a trap? You can grab Intel easy, I've had a lot of fun acquiring assets, spreading rumours is always great, extorting favours looks useful, and more tech is always good. I don't know what the diplomatic incident does but I assume its a more targeted tumour equivalent. All stuff I wanted from espionage.

And then you get to the last two, spawn some pirates and blow up a starbase module. Pirates I could see maybe, I haven't tried it yet, maybe they're a giant death swarn but I doubt it. Blow up a single starbass module? I know they were calling it disable starbase before. What happened?

Really enjoying the new first contact.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
I'm not saying that I don't get it but you really ought to play the new vanilla game before you start modding the game up to the eyeballs.

And i say that as someone with 70 mods.

Get a feel for the new balance and mechanics first. It feels massively different and some things may not even need a mod to "fix" anymore (for example, while you will pry guilli's planet mods out of my cold dead hands, industry districts fix most of the issues a "useless" planet had before.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Yami Fenrir posted:

I'm not saying that I don't get it but you really ought to play the new vanilla game before you start modding the game up to the eyeballs.

And i say that as someone with 70 mods.

Get a feel for the new balance and mechanics first. It feels massively different and some things may not even need a mod to "fix" anymore (for example, while you will pry guilli's planet mods out of my cold dead hands, industry districts fix most of the issues a "useless" planet had before.
My twin bafflements were who would expect the mods to work and who is so dedicated to Scientist Rework (continued) #367 that they won't even try out the new mechanics vanilla before open palm slamming the workshop?

e: maybe tiny outliner and such I can understand

Splicer fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Apr 16, 2021

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Splicer posted:

My twin bafflements were who would expect the mods to work and who is so dedicated to Scientist Rework (continued) #367 that they won't even try out the new mechanics vanilla before open palm slamming the workshop?

Yeah.

And that's not even mentioning mods that mess with the balance (like guilli's)

Like, you know how often you end up with 20+ food/mining districts in guilli's?

That already gives you 40 miners.

But now, the % buildings give you EXTRA JOBS EACH DISTRICT.

So you'd end up getting 80 instead. Without the extra districts the buildings give you.

Pretty much every mod ever that messes with that kind of stuff needs an overhaul rn.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012
You can still figure how many resources other countries have by offering a trade deal for everything.

Has anyone figured out when the max bonus to pop growth kicks in? I figure it’s at 50% planet capacity but I’ve had it start earlier than that. Also, I like how it gives an incentive to actually remove blockers.

Edit: I love trying new builds each patch and coming to the inevitable conclusion that technocracy is still the best civic to take. sigh

scaterry fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Apr 16, 2021

MorphineMike
Nov 4, 2010
The new patch makes the game crash upon loading, no mods and file integrity verified. Excellent.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

MorphineMike posted:

The new patch makes the game crash upon loading, no mods and file integrity verified. Excellent.

Are you trying to load a save, or just boot up the game?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
So do you still just expand everywhere without really caring about admin cap then?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Natural 20 posted:

So do you still just expand everywhere without really caring about admin cap then?

Well yeah, the economy rework this patch changed none of that.

If anything it made admin cap even easier to deal with because there's less pops.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Finally got a chance to play with the new dlc.
Thanks to espionage it's kinda nice to be able to gently caress with the criminal trade empire that's loving with my worlds since they way overpower me militarily and are in the Senate council.

First contact is more fun.

The new population and tiles retooling is gonna take some getting used to.

Barely catching up with the galactic mid-level leaders because I was boxed in with closed borders for a long time and didn't get habitat tech for like 80 years. I feel like habitat tech should be available based on something other than RNG but can't quite hammer down what I'd like to see it tied to.
Still fun to pick up and play again.

frogge fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Apr 16, 2021

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

And Tyler Too! posted:

Bring a Juggernaut along for all your repairing needs! :eng101:

Splicer posted:

I've been having a lot of fun with espionage but the high level items seem like a trap? You can grab Intel easy, I've had a lot of fun acquiring assets, spreading rumours is always great, extorting favours looks useful, and more tech is always good. I don't know what the diplomatic incident does but I assume its a more targeted tumour equivalent. All stuff I wanted from espionage.

And then you get to the last two, spawn some pirates and blow up a starbase module. Pirates I could see maybe, I haven't tried it yet, maybe they're a giant death swarn but I doubt it. Blow up a single starbass module? I know they were calling it disable starbase before. What happened?

Really enjoying the new first contact.

Yeah, I have no idea why or when I would want to hurt a random Starbase in someone's empire. Spawning Pirates is marginal. I'd like stuff like:
Smear reputation - damage their relations with everyone.
Council Framing - make them appear to be in breach of council laws
Increase threat - make them appear more threatening, ideally eventually to the point where they become the galactic focus
False flag - kill a bunch of their pops and give them a purge modifier as if they has killed their pops, more difficult but more damaging for "good" empires.

Basically be able to turn empires against each other, get the council focused on a false threat, and then either stab them in the back or present yourself as the ideal custodian and seize power. Or, it'd be great to team up with your buddies the Darloks against the growing menace of the Cute Butterfly Empire, eventually prevail, only to realise the CBE was innocent and your "friends" set you up as their goon, etc.

(Some/all of these might be possible already, I have not got very far in my game so I don't know)

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Yeah, pretty sure I saw a "sow discord" style operation you can do to lower relations between two other empires

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
You cannot send an Envoy to Primitives. I'm almost surprised they didn't tie Primitive Observation into the system. Or would that be a waste of Envoys? Then again, it's not like Envoys and skill up or anything as yet, so you can't train them on the primitives or suchlike. Then again, Observation Stations are a source of Society Research and tying it in could/would cut that off...hmm.

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib

Gort posted:

The requirements for building Hyperspace Registrars seem to be bugged-out. I can research a tech to give me them, but I've already been building them for ages.

Anyone know a way to change the difficulty of a game in progress? I started on Ensign to re-learn the game with all the changes, but I've completely run away with it.

From memory: unzip the save, open in text editor, ctrl+F for ensign and change it to what you want, recompress.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
The new first contact stuff is great. I don't have easy access to perfect intelligence on opponents any more, and actually have hard choices about envoy deployment. Most of the galaxy is just mapped by vague rumours and remains a mystery.

New economy stuff means pops aren't just king, they are God-Emperor.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Splicer posted:

I launched immediately with tons of mods.

Because I made a special playset containing music, portrait and shipset mods, and those are mostly harmless for new patches. :v:

And then Stellaris reminded me of one certain mod I absolutely need, too. When it clustered all empires right around mine and left 90% of the galaxy a dark, empty void. You know which mod I'm talking about. :shepface:

Tiny outliner is something I never really understood, imho. Generally, I want UI-parts to be bigger, not smaller. My poor eyes get stressed out enough after 8 hours per day staring at my work machine, I do all I can to prevent me from going blind thanks to my habit of 24/7 computer watching

(One time a colleague saw me reading an eBook and was horrified that I had set the font size to what for him looked like one letter per page.)

MorphineMike posted:

To be honest, this was the first patch in multiple years where this didn't happen, so thanks for taking up the Chalice of Pain for me, buddy

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Libluini posted:

I launched immediately with tons of mods.

Because I made a special playset containing music, portrait and shipset mods, and those are mostly harmless for new patches. :v:

And then Stellaris reminded me of one certain mod I absolutely need, too. When it clustered all empires right around mine and left 90% of the galaxy a dark, empty void. You know which mod I'm talking about. :shepface:

Tiny outliner is something I never really understood, imho. Generally, I want UI-parts to be bigger, not smaller. My poor eyes get stressed out enough after 8 hours per day staring at my work machine, I do all I can to prevent me from going blind thanks to my habit of 24/7 computer watching

(One time a colleague saw me reading an eBook and was horrified that I had set the font size to what for him looked like one letter per page.)

To be honest, this was the first patch in multiple years where this didn't happen, so thanks for taking up the Chalice of Pain for me, buddy

The problem is that the outliner parts take up WAY too much space and you need to scroll WAY too much if you have even barely double digit planets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Playing as a terravore has been amazing so far. I've been playing all day. The pop generation has given me a pretty big advantage. I've just been hitting planets with a rock, digging out two of my guys, eating the planet for more guys and then they all get hosed off back home for free. There's a transit hub at the homeworld so they can all get reseeded on the other planets for almost nothing.

I've built two sectors (sub-hive 1 and 2) and although they don't look good (big mineral/energy deficits in both) and still require some manual loving with, my empire is never in the red on resources so I can't really complain.