Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
So if you build multiple crew quarters modules in the same starbase, do their bonuses stack (ie 2x crew quarters = 50% upkeep reduction)? I'm assuming not, but I wanted to confirm before spending a bunch of spacebucks in this ironman game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

The day you see a camera come into our courtroom, its going to roll over my dead body.
So I’m playing as a machine empire (generic type) for the first time and I’m in a Cold War with a nearby fanatic purifier civilization that is likely going to go hot soon. My machine civilization is normally kind of live and let live rather than being Borg/Terminators, so I was hoping for clarification on what happens if I seize a purifier planet? Specifically, will I wind up automatically purging or displacing the population? I don’t want to develop a reputation as genocidal maniacs so I would prefer to conquer their systems and scatter their population to the stars if possible. Barring that, how do I avoid accidentally murdering tons of these maniacs after the war if I win?

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

So if I go ahead and purge them in the usual way will everyone hate me as a genocidal maniac, despite them being FPs? I don’t want to just neuter them and wait 60 years for them all to die off.

Is it possible to break them up into multiple polities, some of which may be vassals or otherwise less psychotic in terms of their approach to the rest of the world?

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

So since I had heard that Marauders were kinda broken with the new patch, I’ve simply been playing with the Marauder slider set to zero since 2.0 dropped. Now that the “neutral rampage” bug has evidently been fixed, I figure I’ll start playing with them in. Anyone have a basic idea of the best way to deal with them? Are they strong enough that you can’t deal with them just one-on-one early on (outside of a Great Khan event of course)?

prussian advisor
Jan 15, 2007

Psychotic Weasel posted:

I can't really draw up a chart on my phone but every pop starts at 50% Happiness without any other modifiers. From there anything above 60% or below 40% will begin to accumulate a bonus or penalty to what they produce, an impact on unrest and their attraction to ethics. I think the most is still +20% for maximum happiness and depending on what is making a pop unhappy (like if you're purging them or they're starving or rebelling) production can drop to 0. Most of the time it'll bottom out around -20% I think but rarely see that unless you have a very angry faction people are joining.

Slaves, robots, unliberated AIs, hiveminds and nerve stapled pops are not affected by happiness.

Edit: if you hover the happiness bar on any pop it will tell you exactly what is impacting what. Same go for hovering over the resource number for each tile, it will list everything impacting output.

Long story short with happiness: more = better, less = less better. That's all that really matters.

If you want to get technical you can go through and cost out what various edicts and policies will cost you vs. their impact on your pop's output but most of the time I find it doesn't matyer. I do not min/max this game in anyway so YMMV.

Does this bonus apply to research and unity as well, or just minerals, energy and food?