Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
So i found this system with 2 habitable planets. One was empty, the other had a PreFTL civilization. I colonized the empty planet, and later enlightened the PreFTL race. They proceeded to enslave every colonist in the system. I guess that's gratitude for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Ms Adequate posted:

I really hope science ships going through subspace can cause events that go "You done hosed up! You done gone looked in places mortals were never meant to see!"

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Someone mod in an Infinite Improbability Drive with a random chance of your ship ending up in a random system, or turned into a space whale

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

I usually run a very diplomacy/economy oriented empire so pirates can be annoying early, but once I get a federation going, I'll use the federation fleet to go around wrecking pirates

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Noir89 posted:

I am managing 60+ in my game right now, as rogue servitors :v: With the cybrex relic :suicide:

I'm running a determined exterminator game right now where I have about the same. My sprawl is something ridiculous like 1200+

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

I'm playing a determined exterminator game right now and I want to turn every planet in the galaxy into a machine world, but the climate restoration tech still hasn't come up. :mad:

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

This was way too much work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1BdQcJ2ZYY

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I can't help but notice you have food production despite being killbots, friend...

I was too busy to demolish or replace all the agricultural districts on the last few civilizations I conquered

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Shugojin posted:

I thought that automatically happened but I guess I'm misremembering :shobon:

e:

THE ORGANICS WERE WARNED TO KEEP OFF THE GRASS. THEY CHOSE NOT TO OBEY THE SIGNS.
No you're right about machine worlds taking out the food districts. There are still a few errant hydroponics buildings floating around that I don't feel like tracking down with 183 planets

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Serephina posted:

There are still several hundred dollars worth of DLC left to bilk out of Stellaris, I'd not be holding your breath.

On that note, Steam randomly suggested Crusader Kings II again to me, but apparently now its free? As I was downloading it I decided to peruse the reviews, which had a curious disclaimer from steam about possible review bombing. Always a fun thing! Some people are angry about Crusader Kings 3 and dlc and some other stuff? What's the story on that?

Some people are mad because they paid money for the game and now it's free. Some people just don't like the way paradox does DLC. Some people are mad because they don't like CK3 even though it was literally just announced.

So the usual "gamers are at it again" nonsense

edit:

Gort posted:

some chuds are unhappy their brand of racism might not be in the new game

oh yeah that too

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Splicer posted:

Someone before was saying that jobs should be a system rather than planet level deal. You'd need to completely rework habitability but otherwise those would work real well together.

As predicted by Calvin's dad

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Student Loans IN SPACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Mystery Prize posted:

I shelved this like a year and a half ago because lategame performance issues were making my game slow to a crawl. Is that still the case, or has any optimization been done?

Not really. There are some mods that can help if you dont care about achievements