Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Stichelin it is, thank you!

I've picked this up + utopia/apocalypse on a friend's recommendation and I'm wondering, how long until I can build bigass gigacruisers? Research and anomalies take an eternity to research and sometimes I can't research something even if a science ship is in orbit, what gives? Also should I dedicate new colonies to a specific resource or keep it balanced?

Also I want to be Tyranids so I made my first race an all-devouring hive mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Thanks for all the advice. I made contact with my first civilization and it promptly closed its borders to me. I'll be glassing their planets as soon as I am able.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So if I were to make some Xenophiles, could I nonviolently take other systems? I want to try killing with kindness.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So this is what I was mentioning earlier. I can't research something even though I meet the requirements. The science ship is *right loving there* and it's still red.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Cynic Jester posted:

Can you right click the crosshair and do it from there?

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah it might not actually be in orbit of the planet. Try selecting the science ship, right clicking the project and telling him to research it?

Also works from the galaxy view, you can select a science ship and order it to research anomalies or projects in a system.

RIght-clicking the crosshair fixed it, thanks! I guess using the bigger menu is buggy.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I just got a Russel's Kettle anomaly, I wasn't expecting that. Also uncovering a few misc. anomalies got me a free Cruiser & Frigates and now I'm over my naval fleet cap. I need to find something to shoot but wherever my game dropped me I have about 1/4th of the galaxy to myself and have been colonizing/building trade routes completely uncontested. I'm parked next to a fallen empire with overwhelming firepower but they don't seem interested in expanding their borders at all. Their days are numbered.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I have been losing hours to this game and I don't even realize how much time flies by while being the space mayor. I have a question about space warfare: zerg rush with corvettes or ride the tech tree until I get larger ships to back them up? The Maggor Alliance isn't on fire and I need to fix that.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Hey I found our solar system!

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I give my robots the custom made trait (-15% assembly speed) and that's been helping me from worrying about unemployment from excess robot production. I'm still new as hell to all of this so I imagine somewhere along the line I'll wish I had an off-switch.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So I've encountered something weird in one of my games. My basic resources keep rotating a -20 deficit and I'm not sure what's causing it.

Example (pretend I'm at +10 production values):

First month: Energy -10 / Minerals +10 / Food +10

Next month: Energy +10 / Minerals -10 / Food +10

Following month: Energy +10 / Minerals +10 / Food -10

repeat

Can someone explain to my helpless newbie rear end?

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So I invaded a world and after moving onto my next conquest this world is blank?

What the hell?

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Is there a way to de-colonize a conquered system? I laid waste to a rival empire (as fanatic purifiers) but all of their planets are 20% habitability so I assume they're not worth developing until I get terraforming.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So from what I've gathered in this thread, forming Federations is a pain in the rear end and not worth it. I'm starting a new empire and trying to be a goody-goody diplomat.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

LogisticEarth posted:

The Galaxy us going to hate you no matter what, and will eventually gang up. So you don't want to dilly dally.

I learned this the hard way. My fanatic purifier game ended in disaster. After purging roughly 4 empires the remaining ones all gunned for me simultaneously after hiring both marauders to ransack my poo poo at a period where I was already hemmorhaging drat near every resource after my recent conquest learned how to put up an actual fight.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Seriously?

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I eagerly await the day I can get mega-engineering. I found a broken ringworld and it's balls-deep in my own space (thanks Cybrex!) and I hope to have it online someday. It only costs 40k alloys!

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I hate the research system and just wish there was a straight up tech tree I could pick and choose from. There's a mod called "Back to the Drawing Board" that will let you reroll your tech options if you don't like what's available and it has taken some of the stress away.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

turn off the TV posted:

RNG just doesn't belong in a competitive environment like Stellaris, they should replace it with a skill based mechanic where you need to get sick headshots on the techs you want & get a bonus for doing it more quickly.

360 noscope techshots all day to get that mega engineering

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Summer sale on steam has begun! If you want to throw money at Paradox for slightly less awful DLC prices now's a good time.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

FuzzySlippers posted:

Is Influence supposed to be your major limiting point on expansion? I've put 20 odd hours into my first game and my factions are happy, only have a couple agreements, and a bunch of Rivals but my Influence is a thin trickle. I raced a nearby civ and cut them off from a chunk of the galaxy and I've spent most of my game slowly back filling.

Influence is the devil. Keep your factions happy and it'll increase.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So I'm dumb and thought administrator capacity was for increasing how many generals/admirals/scientists/governors you could have and thought it was a useless thing to invest in because I never imagined needing more than 30 cumulative admins like that. Then I hovered over the toolbar and saw that everything costs way more because I am a caveman trying to make sense of galactic conquest.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I could use some help.

I want to explore this wormhole:

That teensy nomad empire is in my way and has closed their borders to me.

I can't give them the extinction they deserve for being an obstacle:

Is there a way I can force a claim on them so I can wipe them out without resorting to console commands?

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Tried consoling it and even after manually removing the empire the borders and system claim are still there and I can't cross over. I can't seem to find a console command that just eliminates boundaries. Guess I'm starting a new loving game.

And Tyler Too! fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Jun 27, 2019

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Splicer posted:

1) Yup that's a bug, submit a report!
2) Do you have the experimental subspace drive that only science ships get?
3) What happens if you console command yourself into control of them?

I consoled control of them and wasn't able to do anything. I used kill_country to just erase them but the borders are still drawn. Gonna report it.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Chomp8645 posted:

It is funny to me that when your available jobs significantly exceeds the number of pops, they'll just all pile into one category while leaving another completely barren. There isn't even the barest attempt to spread the pops around a bit. They will fill a job to complete capacity before even thinking about filling the next one, no matter how many slots are involved.

Being a clerk is apparently the worst job in the galaxy. Nobody wants to do that poo poo. Planets are full of millions of souls all choosing to go into the mines before a single one of them willingly becomes a clerk.

"Move sixteen tons, whaddya get?
Another day older and deeper in debt.
Don't call me Saint Worm cause I can't go...
At least I'm not a loving clerk!"

- Traditional Xeno Mining Song

The good 'ol bugmonsters would rather work the field and listen to space country than be some pencil pushing city-slicker.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I play windowed so I can watch the hours pass me by in the lower right corner.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

What years does everyone set their mid and endgame to? I extended mine a little bit because I wanted to see the end of the tech tree.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Geshtal posted:

Sounds like you've recreated Mega-City One.

I'm inspired and am going to make lots of The City worlds, each one with its own Spider Jerusalem writing articles about how terrible I am.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Any cheese strats vs Shard? I hate the rubricator dig so much because of this rear end in a top hat space dragon. Is the relic even worth it?

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Thanks to ideology wars I have turned 3 neighboring kingdoms into xenophobe spiritualists and now nobody wants to talk to anyone. I've turned 1/4th of the galaxy into monastic shut-ins who can't be bothered to interact with anyone else.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

So I'm going to try a "tall" empire. Do I just stop expanding after a certain amount of colonies and focus on hoarding resources or something?

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

quote:

portraits

The best one is already in the game, no DLC needed:

Astronaut parrot is just the best.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Is there a mod that sets the spawn chance of rubricator to 0%? Literally every new game I have started since getting ancient relics has tried to force that relic down my throat, I want to see the rest of the stuff this expansion has to offer.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Anyone having trouble with orbital bombardment? I'm playing as Fanatic Purifiers and the planet I'm glassing stops at 27% devastation every time. Each time I break my fleet off and re-target the planet they just sit there.

Edit: NVM, Clicking the bombardment stance button a few times fixed it.

And Tyler Too! fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jul 29, 2019

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Fhqwhgads posted:

Did I make a mistake by choosing Life-Seeded? Starting on a Gaia world was great and I found another Gaia world close by, but every other planet is only 10% habitable.

Unless you luck out and survey another one or score the Baol relic you may want to make friendly with your neighbors and get some migration treaties rolling.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Instead of the arrested development negative trait just make my leaders commit suicide instead to save me the trouble of euthanizing them.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Fhqwhgads posted:

Is it usually worth it to colonize a 60% habitable planet if it's size 22? I'm a Continental species and this is an Ocean world. I only have 3 systems, and this is my next best option. I haven't met any other species yet, would it be better to try to get a migration treaty with an oceanic species before trying to settle this, or should it be done ASAP?

60% and above isn't bad. There are special projects and tech research options that will increase your species habitability. That said if you intend to make friends you can establish a migration treaty with a neighbor. A world that's 60% to you might be 80% to someone else. That applies to 'red' worlds you survey too, you can save a fortune on terraforming that desert world if you let those neighboring reptile guys move in. An important thing to remember is that when pops migrate to your worlds, they may be a different species, but they're your citizens.

And as always, if you have the tech, creds, and time, you can just terraform everything.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Fair point. I forgot to accommodate for non-diplomatic playstyles. If diplomacy isn't your bag then conquer/exterminate/eat your neighbors and take their planets instead.

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

Piracy is a lovely distraction and the last thing I need is another drain on my economy. Neutralize it with this mod: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1586735803

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

And Tyler Too!
Aug 15, 2007
ROCKET JOCKEY OWNS

I'm doing an Inward Perfection/Agrarian Idyll empire, I have Battleships and Tier 5 Lasers/Railguns and it isn't even mid-game yet. It would be swell if any of these other empires would attack me, I want to try out my new toys.