Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Why don't we just start shooting tar heroin instead?
I'm definitely coming to pick up most of the dlc in the sale. Is megacorp worth full price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Entorwellian posted:

Jesus Christ. Steam has alerted me that I have played this game for over 150 hours and I only got it on the release date of Megacorps. I've been mostly playing on Slow speed (the best speed for a stoner) though and have only finished one game so far, so it probably doesn't amount to 150 gameplay hours but still... Stellaris is definitely one of *those* types of games.

I was almost to 200 hours and picked it up again after le guin. drat you paradox.

Anyway im excited for the new patch because i am really itching to play a ME. I know i can opt in to beta but i like my tiny outlier too much.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

With the way upgrading works now it might actually be quick enough to use the ship designer to counteract an enemies ships instead of just having a general build.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Playing (another) commonwealth of man run and i captured Sol. They should have some flavor text for that!

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

What's the deal with resort worlds? I built one in my latest game but it seems like you need to fill them up with lots of housing. I threw some commercial zones in there to boost amenities. Is that basically it?

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Maybe they could tie planet management to sectors? Where you can manage each sector instead of a individual planets. Your home sector you could still control individualy but you would be able to expand your control via admin tech?

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

AnEdgelord posted:

I do really want a "I don't ever have to think about microing this planet ever again" button since it gets especially tedious with large empires but by and large I think the economy updates are extremely positive. About the only thing I could really think to add thats missing is some sort of Civ or Endless Legend style luxury resources that could grease the diplomacy wheels a little bit but thats really it.

The wider game is clearly missing several key systems related to Diplomacy and Espionage as well as certain overarching civics that are just unplayable like Criminal Syndicates and Barbaric despoilers, but given the work they've done on warfare, empire development and the economy I am confident that they are headed in the right direction for fixing those things.

It's called population controls. Just stop pop growth on that particular planet and never worry about it again.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I'm on the 2.2.6 beta branch and all the empires on the empire select screen are showing the same ethics. When you boot up the game they are their usual ethics though.

Zig-Zag fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Mar 21, 2019

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I've started 3 new games and each time I start next to a fanatic purifier. Lucky this game I managed to beat him back and enslave all his pops on his homeworld. Is any one else experiencing this?

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Kaal posted:

Sounds like you've made a lot of fanatic purifier empires. All your custom empires have a possibility of being included in your next game. This can be turned off, or made mandatory. I'd guess that is the core of your issue there.

I've never played a fanatic purifier. Maybe I'm just that unlucky?

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I use Habs as fortress worlds. Nice bump to research and naval cap and the fortresses will produce your housing.

Found a glitch in the beta branch. When you modify an enslaved pop it automatically switches back to chattel slavery until you click that species in the species screen. Then it will switch back to what you had.
Freaked me out cause all my planets went from doing good to massive unemployment!

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I think only allowing one ecu power civ is a great idea. Maybe allow you to make a second when you research all the admin cap before repeatables. Also the second scanning idea would be awesome. Allow it to find strategic resources, alloy and trade value.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

ZypherIM posted:

The first step should just be adjusting the ecu district costs to be more in line with normal costs.

For example, districts cost the same as 3 basic resource district, and provide 5x the jobs with 5x the upkeep. However, just comparing to city districts, you're paying less than 2 district costs and have the upkeep of 2.5 city districts.

So, re-adjust costs to separate out the housing district from the resource districts: it should cost 1500 straight up, though leaving the upkeep at 5 might be ok after accounting for housing districts after tech/traditions.

Production districts should cost in-line with production buildings: 2000 minerals. Upkeep needs to be higher as well, 20 is a lot closer to what you'd expect (production factories are 4 energy for 2 jobs). This'd still be cheaper than the equivalent production factories, and we've doubled the base cost and quadrupled the upkeep.

Note that this is one of those things that makes habs feel so much weaker: their costs are 500 with 2 upkeep per district, which tend to give you 2-3 jobs. So you're spending 1500 with 6 upkeep for 9 jobs while taking up 3 district slots.

Im usually swimming in minerals by mid game but yes the math should add up better it would give me more stuff to spend my minerals on.

What are your thoughts on tieing ecus to mega engineering? That would make its more of a late game thing and could come in time to ramp up production for the end game crises.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

gender illusionist posted:

Er, why have all my starting civs got pacifist and fanatic egalitarian?

It's a bug. If you edit them or play they will switch back to their original ethics.

Is it bad I have almost 400 hours, 70 percent cheevos and still never gotten a victory screen? :downs:

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

Kaal posted:

Is there some sort of bug with the AI not declaring war in 2.2.6? I thought they fixed it. In my last game I started out pinned between an advanced start GA evangelizing zealot and a marauder empire. I had all of six systems. I prepped for a battle that I assumed was imminent - but never came. I insulted, rivaled, and closed my borders (-278 relations). I refitted my fleets to have zero power whereas they had an overwhelming fleet and economy and were hostile . Nothing. Since I was a pacifist I couldn't attack but I suppressed that faction and encouraged political thought, but I never formed a militarist faction and couldn't switch ideologies. After 15 years I just quit out of boredom rather than make a pointless ideological war. Thus humanity died - not with a bang but a whimper.

Edit: And my next game also started me next to an Adv. Start GA Evangelizing Zealot, good times! At least I can expand in the other direction this this. We'll see if they do anything on the second go around.

Def got declared on in my last game. 3vs1. Even though I occupied the entire territory of the main civ that declared my war score was shooting up rapidly cause his ships were so much stronger and would warp before I actually destroyed any of em while mine would get destroyed. The other empires didn't even move their fleets to defend him.

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

PittTheElder posted:

And if you play Exterminators or Assimilators, you're even stronger.

I had to stop my assimulators from spawning in my games because they would just take over half the galaxy nearly every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zig-Zag
Aug 29, 2007

I wish there was a way to start the end game. I played as a pacifist to get the peace achievement. I got it and even though I'm tiny I'm overwhelming to all but 2 empires. I want to fight the end game but don't want to wait 50 years. I've actually never rolled anything but the swarm before.