Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Surprised no one posted the patch yet.
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...s-42f6.1117830/

Jamor posted:

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.1.3 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Features
###################

* Updated the game for GDPR compliance (basically, a once-only popup on first launch of 2.1.3 with some legal text to read and accept, as now required by EU law)
* Added buttons to view privacy policy from ingame
* Added new clothes and hairstyles for humans, humanoids, and mammalians
* Added inscrutable mystery to Distant Stars
* Added follow-ups for the Atomic Clock anomaly
* Added event for when an AI empire is close to unlocking the L-Cluster
* Added some unique diplomacy text for Ketlings
* Impossible Organism anomaly chain is now also available for Assimilators and Rogue Servitors
* Impossible Organism anomaly chain tooltips and Special Projects are now more clear on what they actually do
* We now display Steam rich presence data to your Steam friends, showing not just that you're in game, but also your empire name, their ethics, and game date

###################
# Balance
###################

* The AI Uprising now has drastically increased naval capacity for a few years after forming, preventing immediate bankruptcy due to over-capacity upkeep costs
* Switched combat disengage chance so that Destroyers and Cruisers now have the highest survivability, followed by Titans and Battleships, with Corvettes coming last. 'Tis better to be the screen-ee than the screen-or
* Ships with weapons that have very low tracking will now avoid firing on highly evasive target if another, less evasive target is likely to become available soon (ie: Titans should no longer fire their main gun on corvettes if there's cruisers or battleships just outside range)
* Reduced spawn_chance weights for the Vechtar Zavonia/Mardak Vol Anomaly
* Lowered chance of Brainslugged leaders, increased Unrest modifier after Brainslugging pops

###################
# Modding
###################

* Move url strings from NDefines::NInterface to code
* Errors are now logged only once by default, except those logs used in OOS hunting. You can use the "-logall" to log errors every time they appear instead of only once

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* AI will no longer accidentally try to research already researched technologies
* Mardak purgers fleets no longer use bouquets of flowers as the warheads of their missiles, and their bombardment can now actually cause damage
* Fixed the Unbidden Portal being vulnerable while the Extradimensional Invaders still have active Anchors
* Fixed literally unplayable typos
* Fixed a case of COUNTRY_UNITY out of sync
* Fixed an out of sync with COUNTRY_ENERGY
* Fixed Contingency starbases being so confident in their imposing demeanor that they didn't bother to use their weapon slots
* Fixed broken text string for the upkeep of gene warrior armies
* Fixed pacifist description for the ancient mining drones event wrongly referencing your home system instead of the one where the drones were
* Added game rule exception to allow you to take hostile action against factions that have conquered your planets, meaning situations like the mutant horrors event can now be properly resolved
* Enigmatic Cache traits can no longer be applied through gene modification, so you can't spam them on all your planets outside the intended scope of the event
* Fixed Impossible Organism event to allow Nivlacs to be spawned on any planet with free housing, not just the capital
* Fixed advanced start AI empires not getting all the extra colonies they should start with
* Added missing loc for when you deny an Awakened Empire's offer of status quo peace
* Disabling primitive civilizations in game setup will now actually remove most of them, except for certain ones required for events
* Fixed a non-completable special project that could appear if you have tutorial activated and your first alien contact is a Leviathan
* Fixed the Scavenger Bot not counting as a leviathan for the purpose of satisfying military faction demands
* Fixed missing notification event on first entering the "quiet" version of the L-Cluster
* Fixed a crash related to armies landing
* Fixed some unneeded spamming of error logs
* Fixed fire control ship component not working properly
* Ketlings will now no longer cheekily spawn on shattered worlds
* Several Distant Stars anomalies that were unnecessarily blocked for hive minds are now available to them
* Fixed small psionic shields having the wrong stats
* Fixed incorrect empire names showing up in diplomatic dialogue when a Peace Offer is accepted
* Fixed OOS when you host a game on a Mac
I bolded the big one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I play with mods, but most of them are cosmetic stuff or name lists(you can never have enough name lists!). Oh, and that one mod with like a thousand different colors, because two empires sharing the exact same color scheme makes me irrationally angry.
But yeah, the game is good, the game is fun, and it has been for some time. And the game looks as though it will get much better next update, particularly once the kinks from doing the economy overhaul are ironed out.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Dallan Invictus posted:

I mean, what really needs to happen is that the three precursors that have generic rewards get boosted to match the Cybrex and First League somehow. I just don't know quite what would do it while sticking to the flavour that makes the Precursor chains so cool (but Ecumenpoleis are a bit OP regardless).

I imagine they're kind of doing this, Cybrex used to be the undisputed best until 2.2 so they just need to get the others on that level.

(as a side note, it vaguely annoys me that the precursor chains are player-only but I know I'm an insane simulationist and am probably alone in that view.)
I heard some one suggest once that the Yuht should have a Sensor Array, which makes sense, since their chain is all about how hard they searched for other sentient life. Seems a bit lame next to a Ring World or an Ecumenopolis though.
Vultuam should have something sciency. But weird, because they managed to convince themselves the universe is a simulation.
Not sure about the Irassians.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I mean...I'm glad I had it before Christmas because I had two weeks off and i had a bunch of fun with it, buuuut there are enough bugs and balance issues that I'm now taking a break till more work is done. I definitely think that they should have let it bake in the oven another two months but there was obviously a ton of demand for it because there was so much hype.
I really don't see the point of that. AI is really far down the list of things that sell games and it seems like a lot of posters in this very thread got a lot of fun hours out of this expansion, warts aside. If it was releasing, say, late this month, it probably wouldn't be until mid-February that mods were straightened out, and every new release ever is going to have plenty of bugs no matter how much time they bug-test it. Especially something of this magnitude. QA is only so effective. Really all that's left for them to do is polish.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Ecumenopolises definitely need to be limited in some way. Preferably in a way that favors taller empires. I think they've kind of fundamentally missed the mark on everything else that's special. Hive and Machine Worlds are basically Gaia-equivalents that you can't find naturally. Fine, whatever. Habs are too gimped and expensive to make an impact early on and, oh yeah, ecumenopolises exist and become available at basically the same time. And megastructures? They may as well not exist for all the impact they have. Building one rarely serves any purpose except as a victory lap, and only the ring world really feels anything like special.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

FuzzySlippers posted:

It's 2315 and I'm +5 influence. It sucks because I keep getting dragged into wars with a neighbor but I'll never have enough influence to make many claims on their systems. It also seems kinda weird that I'm gaining the same 'influence' now as the largest sprawling empire in the galaxy as when I was a backwater with a handful of systems.
It would be interesting if, starting in the mid-game, there was some kind of Imperium or Vicky style power-tiering. Greater powers would get more influence, but perhaps smaller powers would get, like, a bonus to admin or something.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I found Cockroach Earth in my latest game, but I can't Uplift them, because they don't appear in any of the menus that you need to use to Uplift them. There's another pre-sapient species that's there though, so I think it's because there's another species that uses the roach portrait and they're somehow overwriting the cockroaches.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Solemn Sloth posted:

Fleet manager always seems to just orphan large parts of my reinforcements at the station they were built at and I have no idea why. Maybe the parent fleet did something like bombarded a planet or went into combat that meant it turns off the pathfinding :shrug:
I'm pretty sure upgrading a fleet breaks it too, because that seems to disable merging. For some reason.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

GunnerJ posted:

It would be cool if you could combine those super special planet designations more so you could make an ecu into a resort world and do this. (It looks like you can make an ecu a penal colony though?)

Or make a resort world/penal colony combo and do Deadman Wonderland...
I mean, I guess if you have Agrarian Idyll, your people would probably see a city world as a horrifying hellscape. Snaliens scream and wail and gnash their mouthparts at the thought of no fields to plow or harvests to reap.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
This seems like a cool idea, but it seems a bit under-supported mechanically, based on what we've seen so far.
So, like Stellaris in miniature.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I played Stellaris a lot and enjoyed it well enough, but it really does feel half-baked. I would love to know how many different directions it got pulled in during development, because a lot of the systems feel like they were Frankensteined from “Europa Universalis in Space” “Victoria In Space” and “standard space 4X”. It just doesn’t seem to know what it wants to be.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

ded posted:

Lithoids have the coolest trap, colonizing with an asteroid and permanently loving the planet you settle on.
It never ceases to amaze me how cool that is conceptually and how unsatisfying and lame it is mechanically.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

And Tyler Too! posted:

Lol they just made Oligarchies the best government type by a huge margin. Extra influence gain is a big deal.
Seriously. And Democracies just get....faster pop demotion speed :geno:
But they can spend an entire civic just to replicate Oligarchy's innate bonus(and more), how exciting!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yami Fenrir posted:

I personally like strike craft a lot as well.

I wish the Carrier segments on Battleships didn't FORCE you to to take non-carrier modules though. My OCD...

:negative:
Yeah, I feel like a secondary hanger should be an option, maybe a smaller hanger than than the “core” one, so you could have a more dedicated carrier craft with just one gun section.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Libluini posted:

Now I'm confused, battleships can take on two out of three of their sections as carrier sections loaded with strike craft hangars and PD. There's indeed just one gun section left if you load up on carrier crap. Together with the dedicated carrier AI, you have a carrier more dedicated to carrying fighters than most carriers in other space 4x.
Oh, I think I got it confused with cruisers, which can only have one section. Haven't played in a while.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

I've been following the thread again after a friend told me about the big patch coming up. If they have espionage things that are that powerful actually cost that much... I might actually like it, because it means it will be hard for the AI to do it to me.
Or the AI will spam espionage, leaving its space littered with sub-optimal planets.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Guys, not only is Stellaris pretty decent right now, but it's *also* in way better shape than EU IV!
Just...wanted to point that out. I'm glad espionage is mostly about gathering intel and doing some small-scale ops instead of, well, the horrible irritant it could have been.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yami Fenrir posted:

I just realized that this, right there, is what might just bother me the most about Stellaris events.

The inability to know if it's just bad luck or if you just picked the wrong option. Especially since it's basically impossible to know if there is a dice roll attached to them since not all of them do.

I feel like Stellaris events would be a lot more interesting/better if they were less "right choice, wrong choice" and more "safe low risk, low reward" vs "high risk, high reward" choices.

Because like, despite moaning how how bad some events are, long-time players know exactly what's going to happen for like, every event in existence. Somewhat unavoidable, obviously, but it really isn't helped by the sheer amount of events that don't have variable outcomes.

I'm probably not even alone in pretty much never even reading the event text anymore - I just see the options and know which one's the good one.

(Just going to ignore Captain Monkey because he pretty much seems to not be arguing in good faith)
You could even tag event choices with variable outcomes, just to make it clear when the choice has a variable outcome(you could, for example, more clearly warn the player that activating the Abandoned Terraforming Equipment could be great or it could be very bad. You could even work this into the text: some fluff about maybe the creator's physiology was extremely different) vs. when it's just static.

But also, it seems like it should be kind of clear what the Terraforming Equipment is doing before it finishes. Like, "Oh poo poo, its spewing particulates into the atmosphere and we won't be able to breathe if it's allowed to continue!", but the off-switch is broken, so you have to blow it up and eat some devastation while having to live with the unstable climate and maybe an additional habitability malus you have to clear because now the atmosphere is full of garbage. Maybe you could even let the process complete(and allow your colonists to die or have to eat the cost for resettling them) in exchange for valuable research data on terraforming processes.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Captain Oblivious posted:

Did they get rid of the Ammonia World outcome on that event
Yes, they did: now it just becomes a Tomb World instead. It's funny that that event used to be worse.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yeah, I more took that to mean they've fixed what they wanted to fix and their time will be spent on the next patch(presumably 3.1), which won't be coming out for a while yet.
Nemesis was a pretty substantial expansion, so I imagine 3.1 will be accompanied by some minor content DLC, like another themed event or species pack, or possibly even nothing at all.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah the Custodian team mandate sounds like what exactly what the long term player base has been asking for. Excited to see what you all come up with.
Yeah, it's what's been sorely missing. A team dedicated to working on tech debt, punching up pre-existing expansions/features, and stitching disparate mechanics into a more complete whole. I expect it will greatly enhance the overall health of Stellaris and I hope other games *cougheufourcough* will get the same benefit.

Personally, I hope they finally give civics for gestalts love.

Kurgarra Queen fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 4, 2021

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

pmchem posted:

The new Custodian team is exactly what Stellaris needs and I'm happy the dev team / mgmt is supporting that initiative.

It's unclear from the dev diary "how much" of the Stellaris team's resources / time is being devoted to it. I hope it's more than 25% (heck, I hope it's more than 50%, but, wishful thinking). I look forward to their first big set of results.
I would guess it's substantial right now, as they're pitching Lem as being pretty ambitious(including reworking policy trees) but I imagine it will be less when they're just working primarily on bug fixes and teaching the AI not to put its pants in the sewer before eating them.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jazerus posted:

yeah except eliminating admin cap is more of a reversion to the old system than anything, and a welcome one. it's really weird to be paying base cost for techs even when i rule half the galaxy, and makes it way too easy to overtake the AI.

i think unity coming from bureaucrats is thematically strange and i would rather they be redirected to contribute to some new system instead...unity as culture makes more sense than unity as bureaucracy for most of the uses that unity currently has.
Yeah, it's pretty obvious there was never a clear vision as to what to do to slow down big empires and (IMO) none of the solutions so far have really worked. Like, the current incarnation is completely solved by simply paying a bureaucrat tax that is entirely trivial to large empires.
Unity has, for a long time, been this other thing though, so it would be weird to rework it from being not-culture into this. But it could actually help Spiritualists and other unity-focused builds out a lot, and if they can make it make sense...
In general, being able to spend unity to mitigate the issues that arise from running your empire sounds neat, because right now it's just "number go up until you select tradition" and then it becomes "spend to enact ambitions". In other words, it's kind of a dull resource.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Honestly I think they should just ditch armies and make them into a module you can stick on ships. The only thing that ever matters for them is having more number than the opponent.
Hopefully then they'll scrap those dumb events that spawn massive armies on planets with little warning.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Splicer posted:

Traditions

Fewer new trees than I expected. Biggest disappointment for me is the extra clerks are still dirtying up the prosperity tree.
Hey, if you take an entire other tree, you can give them +1 trade value! :shepface:

I'm not too surprised we're only getting 3 new ones ATM, because they're doing a lot of other stuff, but this is definitely a boon to all those traditions mods, and it will be much easier for them to add new trees in the future.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yami Fenrir posted:

I really liked taking Domination for Gestalts, actually - that +1 influence was really helpful early on.

But hey, look on the bright side: This will probably make modding in new tradition trees a lot simpler.
Meanwhile, they buffed the opener to Supremacy LOL why yes I am rushing and would love a free +20 naval capacity right at the start please and thank you.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

houstonguy posted:

Maybe the new DLC and the update tied to it are going to change star bases and defensive platforms? Otherwise yeah that’s a lot of not particularly helpful new traditions.
LOL they even gave Supremacy a bonus to damage dealt to starbases. Which means they’ll be even weaker, in practice.

I love that they’re reworking and expanding traditions, but some of these changes are questionable, at best.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Ooh, this one should be fun. Already a fan of that grumpy rear end dolphin! :coolfish:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Where did you learn this?
Right in the dev diary, the screenshot for the Hydrocentric Perk lists "Unlocks Deluge Colossus Weapon" followed by "Requires Colossus Project Ascension Perk"
So it seems you need Hydrocentric AND Colossus Project to build the Deluge Terraformer Colossus.

Which...doesn't seem that bad? Hydrocentric seems really good: it decreases the cost of terraforming planets into Ocean planets, increases the boosts you get from Wet worlds, AND gives you the ice mining stuff that lets you expand the size of Ocean planets as well as offering a flat buff to space mining in systems where you've built the ice miner.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Permanent Employment is magical :magical:
OF COURSE hypercapitalists would resurrect your zombie after you die and put it to work forever.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Yami Fenrir posted:

The bigger issue for me is the "nothing but basic jobs" bit.

It gets annoying with basic robots fairly quick and unlike those you (probably) can't upgrade zombies.

Still, nice and flavorful.
Plus, you know, they're free. Might pair great with slavery: you can have a bunch of free zombies being butlers and generate your amenities that way? Just spit-balling.

Horace Kinch posted:

Sell the zombies on the slave market :getin:
Also this could be a lucrative (though fiddly) possibility. The potential for evil is immense here.

They probably don't/shouldn't have political power either.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Noir89 posted:

My Devouring Swarm civ have the starfish portrait. Sometimes I force them into newer games and 90% of the time the galaxy dies in an unending swarm of cute starfish going "Doodidoo :3:" when you contact them begging for mercy. They truly are the best.
I made them the galaxy's least capable Fanatic Purifiers.
Weak, Life-Seeded Purifiers LOL so adorable :allears:

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Ah right, thank you both! I will have to try that out as Lithoids because that sounds like my kind of jam.
If you pair it with Master Artificers and/or Agrarian Idyll, and then you might really not have clerks. They do the same thing with Industrial and Farming districts respectively, and the latter even increases the housing you get from rural districts.
Agrarian Idyll does require you to be Pacifist though.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Awww, it's lame they can't fire if one is already ongoing. Imagine the loving clown car having multiple crises would be. (yes, I know there're mods for that).
It would best to just spawn subsequent crises as far as possible from the entrypoint of other existing crises.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Noir89 posted:

Lol started with the genetic engineering origin that gives the overcharged traits, invaded some atomic age primitives, picked genetic engineering ascencion path and dumped a bunch of horrible traits on them.

Dudes life expectancy is like 30 years lol, stellariscrimes.txt
Overtuned is beautifully degenerate. I like slapping Nonadaptive in with the 1 point habitability trait: you end up with +10% habitability at the cost of -1 point(Adaptable gives the same bonus and costs an entire 2 points despite not being all that useful). You just get so much leeway to slap together silly combos at the low, low price of your leaders dropping like flies!
Enduring helps. But Pre-planned Growth is....nice.

Also Crafted Smiles...is sure a tool-tip and icon combo.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Splicer posted:

Think of it less as losing a tradition slot and more as gaining a perk slot, since you won't need two per ascension any more.
Yeah, and there are, like, multiple tradition trees which are imminently missable at the moment anyway.

Really like these changes. Also Gestalts finally get some love, especially Bio Hiveminds, which can now become cyborgs in addition to the usual bio ascension. And Machine Empires at least get to take the new synth ascension to make themselves more powerful.

Would also be cool if Synth-ascended races could get Machine Worlds.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Jabarto posted:

gently caress YES
It's just been relocated to Mercantile, and if you're taking Mercantile, your clerks are probably good anyway.
Good change.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
I really wanted to check out the Beta, because a lot of the changes sound amazing, but it (predictably) breaks my precious mods in half. Anyone have any impressions?

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

CapnAndy posted:

That sounds rad as gently caress, but it's going to be an insanely rough start -- even in their example images, they've got dudes with Arctic, Desert, Tundra, and Ocean preference all crowded in on a Continental world. Habitability is gonna be in the toilet.
Yeah, it's not going to work out great on higher difficulties without some luck, but it's cool as gently caress.

I also like the narrative touch of Minamar Industries just not giving a poo poo about you at all. You're less than nothing to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Splicer posted:

I'm wondering if your guaranteed planets will be the opposite of usual, like you will get one per your random guys rather than the usual same as your homeworld. Then you can use unemployment to force a mass exodus of the low hans to their new high hab planets.
They do mention Broken Shackles force-spawns a Payback origin empire and that that species makes up a big chunk of your starting pops, so it would be nice if one of your habitables was guaranteed to be ideal for them.