Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how do i actually add new designs to a fleet. i click choose design in the fleet manager, i click on a design but nothing happens. also trading food seems impossible, nobody wants to give me any

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

canepazzo posted:

Having the same issue with fleet manager - anyone found the workaround?

that fleet eventually ended up dying, and a new fleet i build was able to add new designs. so uhh, kill em off?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

messy

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

for some reason my science ships stop auto surveying every few jumps. its not cause of encountering enemies, i kept watch for that

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Is it just me or has auto-explore broke a bit later on in the game?

very broke, they dont seem to acknowledge any newly opened up terrain

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

status quo gets you everything you currently got occupied

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i won't believe they actually exterminate anyone until i talk to someone that had it happen to them, its all just hearsay till then

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

they could just make mods not impact achievements

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i've been reading up on the hoi focus trees and id like to request a similar system in stellaris. tyvm

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

AG3 posted:

Well, that's for habitats. Ringworlds are up in the air as to whether they'll be a single 100-size entity or kept at 4 25-size entities, or something else.

might as well make it a single if the systems are being overhauled anyway, the new systems would work well for a mechanic where the useable area grows with further development

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i fee like the lil picture banner should change to reflect the world type visually too

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

it would be nice if with these new backgrounds we could colonize moons for some extra living space on the planets

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dissapointing it doesnt result in horrible looking mutant species with random parts of each parent

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

unless im massively misreading it, it takes the portrait of one of them rather than my vision of half mushroom/half elf portraits

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

logh had all of that except cannibalism and aliens though. slavery is up to interpretation

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how do i terraform again, i got terrestial sculpting

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the trade interface is totally broken, all the options for the other guy are occupying the same place so you can't select them

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Autonomous Monster posted:

Maybe uh, go a tad slower? Buildings are like two jobs each and then upgrading them is another three (I think), so you can and probably should build your economy incrementally.

And wait until you have pops ready to fill the new slots. Pops grow a lot slower than you can build buildings.

i upgraded my research labs without paying much attention to the gas upkeep, before noticing (strategic resources are kinda hidden) i was running a deficit, which led to 25% less job income, which led to other deficits, which i couldn’t recover asap because i had just spend all my stuff. took a while to get out and is easy to happen.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Autonomous Monster posted:

Hmm. The aggregated resource counters, they show monthly income, right? Do they indicate that you're in deficit when one of them goes negative, even if you're positive in aggregate? If not, they probably should at least go orange or something. Maybe show total/average/minimum incomes of the set?

Clearly galgen needs a hugbox-thunderdome slider.

only shows net positive, despite one being 'negative'. well i guess its at -0 now after a bunch of effort, but its not positive at least

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i let in some refugees and they're quickly outbreeding my people. i was at like 90 when they came in, my guys are at 109 now and the refugees at 75. and that's only one group of them, a bunch of others have arrived later that are catching up as well. some of these guys aren't even fit for my planets, or are totally unfitting trait wise (slavers). this can't be on purpose right

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ai still doesn't develop its planets. its fleet was ridiculously weak (4k) too. and this is one of the stronger empires

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

What difficulty are you on? Why are we looking at a world with 22 population (with jobs for all 22 so why would it build more poo poo?)? An undeveloped planet would have unemployment. You might be able to argue about what they built, but the only questionable building I think makes enforcers, and with low stability maybe they had a crime problem that is being suppressed by those.

captain, and its had that planet since near the beginning of the game. there's 0 criminal empires in the game

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ZypherIM posted:

You're on the 2nd easiest difficulty.

Crime comes from more sources than criminal empires by the way.

it goes cadet > ensign > captain now, so its the middle

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Refugees are kind of bugged too.

yup, i got a ton of those pop ups constantly, and the ticker up top was always filled to the edges with refugee announcements

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

ilkhan posted:

Agreed. 2.2 is far far more micromanagy than 2.1 was. Even doing it "right" I'm having to spend multi-year periods adjusting pops more than once every 5 years. Partially because poo poo doesn't update immediately, and partially because you have to do it individually for every planet.

tbh my main attraction for the new system was less micromanagement and endless clicking, and if anything the reverse has happened. micromanagement is up, clicking is waaay up, ai can't handle it still and the game sees even more slowdown (though i don't know if the new economic system is at fault there)

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there any fix for fleets having ships in the production queue with a -1 so the never get build besides making a new fleet each time and transferring ships

or a way to reliably avoid it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

third part of the baol chain didn't spawn. just says theres a new dig site and then nothing. i've tried 3 games now since this patch and all 3 i've hit big obvious bugs, great stuff

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

no, i checked to see if it maybe spawned without popping in the logs, but theres no archeology sites, special projects or anomalies it could be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

Well, I bet stellaris doesn't sell nearly as well as the crusader kings series, which they're working on the next installment of, so I bet that's why they have, at best, a skeleton crew on stellaris. Doesn't mean it's the right thing to do, but nobody said paradox was a well-run company.

stellaris is more popular then ck (but less popular then eu4 and hoi4). even when ck2 went f2p it didnt beat stellaris.