Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I just started playing the game yesterday, and my first start has me playing with a wormhole right next store.

How do I research the technology to stabilize it? Will it just come up as an option under one of the scientist research options eventually, or do I have to build some sort of sequence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
Another starting question...why can't I claim some systems? I've got them fully surveyed, but it won't let me build a base in some. I can do it in others on the other side of the map.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Hyperdrive tier 2 is a prereq for Wormhole Stabilization to show up. It's a Physics tech.

Awesome, thanks

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I want to colonize a low habitability planet with droids, but I have nowhere to build them to transfer to a colony... I only have my home world that is fully cleared with a non-droid pop in every tile. Is there any way I can manage this?

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Sloober posted:

not that i know of. that's why i always placehold with a robot when i know im gonna need to do it, assuming you cannot purge a pop.

I can't purge, but I did uplift a species who hates me and made claiming half of my empire their first act on the intergalactic stage so I figure I'll have some space soon.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I completed Mega-Engineering, and I previously had an ascension perk saved. Voidbourne isn't there- Do I need a "new" perk to be able to start building mega-structures, or what?

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

I think I'm having a hosed up AI issue too- I have an Awakened Ascendancy that hasn't actually done anything. It's probably been 100 years after it woke up and it's still got the same borders and hasn't been involved in any sort of conflict.

This is my first game I've stuck with to at least mid-game and I feel like it's been a bit anti-climatic. Like 80% of the galaxy is in a federation which rolled over a sleeping FE with no problems, the remaining 20% is on the other side of the map and pretty weak.