Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Hey thread, many years ago a screenshot of a bug was posted here, which I haven't been able to find since. It was a shot of a leader standing in the leader room, but the layers were messed up so it looked like it was peeking in through the window. If anyone could help me find it that'd be much appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
Thanks a lot, you are the best.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Poil posted:

Mods are still being updated for me so I'm not sure when I can actually embrace the Dick. I do wish steam would say which mod was updated rather than just "workshop content".

You can sort your subscribed mods by "date last updated" in the Workshop.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

As an organic hive-mind, is it possible to subsume other species in to your gestalt consciousness peacefully? Like through integrating a protectorate and such? Or can only your starting species ever be a part of your hive-mind? I kind of want to try to become the entire galaxy but I don't know if it's doable that way.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

loving awesome, thanks for the info.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I found out by accident that you can start clearing blockers during colony development (at least on the precursor relic world). It doesn't show the progress bar, but it does clear them. Pretty big time saver right there.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

How do you abandon a planet? I conquered a bunch of stuff I don't want to keep but I can't figure out how to get rid of it.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Thanks peeps. The reason I wanted to get rid of some stuff was that after I'd purged everyone (as a machine hive-mind determined exterminator) and the war ended, my energy income went from ok to -350 and I'm not sure how to quickly fix that other than just getting rid of the planets, which it turns out won't be quick at all.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Hey thanks for the advice, I'll give that a try.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

As an organic hive-mind with the Evolutionary Mastery ascension path completed, how do I get other species to join me peacefully? Being able to set everyone's default rights to Assimilation so far only let me bring primitive and uplifted species in that were already in my border. I would love for people around the galaxy to be able to voluntarily join the hive.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

I started a game as Driven Assimilators on a Machine World, had a planet next to me with the Subterranean Empire event. They rose up and took the planet, which caused my Core Sector to get deleted. Ok, weird, whatever, I designate my homeworld as sector capital again, all good. Then after I retake the planet, the Subterranean Empire events keep firing, another species rises up, takes the planet, deletes my Core Sector. I retake the planet again and go to recreate my Core Sector, but this time it doesn't work and I notice that my Machine World suddenly has a bunch of Agri Districts. Called it a loss at that point, what a strange series of events.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Did the patch break creating sectors? When I designate a planet as sector capital it doesn't include planets within 4 jumps anymore, and there doesn't appear to be a way to add them after.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Yeah, they're all connected up:

It doesn't add Ushakaron, tried deleting and reforming the sector a few times but alas.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

yeti friend posted:

I have never given a single heck about what the planets or stars or sectors are named. But I will always pick the pirate nameset for my ships and leaders

This but Fungoid 4. Gleepglorps for life.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

binge crotching posted:

What does the sector map mode look like?

The adjacent sector is my core sector, Ushakaron is 5 jumps from my home planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

Ah poo poo yeah I see it now, thanks for suggesting the sector view and for pointing out what's going on.