Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

StrixNebulosa posted:

I own Stellaris but none of the DLC.

Am I going to have a good time, or will it be Civ V without the expansions?

The core new mechanics of each patch are free, the dlc adds some (admittedly very cool) bonus stuff basically. I'd say about 15 to 20% of total content is locked behind dlc, the rest is base game.

Play a single full game before buying the dlc imo. Start with utopia if you do want to buy dlc, followed by synthetic dawn if you like robbits and apocalypse if you like massive doomsday weapons. The rest of the dlc are smaller in scope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samopsa
Nov 9, 2009

Krijgt geen speciaal kerstdiner!

GoGoGadget posted:

So for those looking for the DLC on sale, this site seems to have Utopia and Leviathans 50% off, among other things like Apocalypse 12% off. I've never used this site before, but everything I've read about it makes it seem legit. Gonna pick these up from here.

Edit: Just got Leviathans and Utopia for $17.14 total with the code SPRING10

Fanatical is legit, yeah.