Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Man, those cultists really booked it after they fled my homeworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

What the hell just happened in my game? I picked up the Mind Over Matter ascension perk and it somehow enslaved my entire Horizon Signal-mutated population? Plus one of my factions is angry that the leader is a xeno suddenly even though it's the same starter species as it always has been.

I'm not allowed to stop enslaving them because they're now too alien for my xenophobe butterflies :psyduck:

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

After experimenting with it, there is something extremely fucky going on the Mind over Matter perk. It's splitting my subspecies into entirely new species, which makes the xenophobes hate and enslave them automatically, and adding the psionic trait seems to make my starter species no longer considered as that by the factions.

Before picking Mind over Matter

And after.

I'm guessing the game just copies and deletes your pops to add the psionic trait and that confuses things somehow.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Is fleet power just completely broken or something? Every time I think I have a winning run I just get completely flattened out of the blue by fleets the game tells me are way weaker than mine. Just now I had a fight of my two 2300 power fleets plus my 7000 power bastion being attacked by a single 2100 power fleet of corvettes. They completely wiped me out and took essentially no losses. I can't imagine I'm getting hard countered by builds because I tend to run pretty balanced fleets, but something is clearly going very wrong here.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

Staltran posted:

Essentially no losses or actually no losses? My first guess would be that you ran into the invincible fleet bug, but if they took some losses that can't be it.

I'm not sure honestly, it might well have been zero losses. If that's a known bug then that woudl explain a lot.