Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Clanpot Shake posted:

How legit are sites like this?

Fanatical is owned by Focus Multimedia, so they are legit. It's like how Humble Bundle is owned by IGN now and is also legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Do outposts have any sort of upkeep? Like if I just want to connect the dots together but am not going to build anything else in a certain system (to prevent pirates from spawning there)

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

50 years in to a 2.0 game and 2 of my four colonies turned into toxic planets and killed all the inhabitants :negative:

I'll happily admit I'm an idiot but I'm finding the fleet planner a bit confusing. What do the X/X figures refer to for ship numbers and how do I stop making a template that exceeds my fleet limit?

The X/Y refers to X being the amount of ships currently of that type currently, the Y being the target for the amount of ships you want of that type.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I think I will leave this newly formed nation alone for a while. They have no planets nearby and they swore fealty to me as I brought them up from their machine age into the space age.

Still waiting to get the tech that lets me uplift pre-sentients. I want these arctic people to get on my planet with a 15 mineral for 4 energy factory. It's the sole reason I am going to uplift them.

And, well, bring them into my fold as we accept everyone. Except fanactic purifiers. Or hivemind bugs. Or robots. No vacancies in my lands for thsoe.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Isn't the number for the fleet cap, not the amount of ships? Like destroyers will take more, cruisers will take even more, battleships will take a lot more, and titans will take a ton?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

What are the odds that 3 nations will use the exact same color scheme?

And yes, I know I'm bad at the game. Don't need to rub it in my face.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

My race is going to get rid of their fleshy bodies and become robots.

There is no way this can be bad.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Will other pops not part of my original species also get changed into cyborgs and eventually robots going down the synthetic ascension path?
Like I uplifted some species and I also have migration treaties with some other species

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Has anyone run into the space whales in this patch? I've run into (many) space amoeba, abandoned mining drones, crystalline entities, and voidclouds. Usually I would have run into the Tiyanki a long time along

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Yeah, you should be able to tweak starbase layouts.

I have a starbase in a good chokepoint, but it's a pulsar.

Shields are useless. Why do I need to have the starbase have those extra slots be taken up to be completely useless? Even if it was on a case by case basis, I would still want to have the opportunity to actually use the terrain to my advantage. Since the AI goes "yeah all starbases need shields" even in a pulsar system, I could use those slots for armor.

The reason I also have a base there is because there is a curator enclave there (and basically it has 5 exit points that are all leading to things I own). They also have slots for shields that are rendered completely useless. Couldn't the game look at the galactic terrain first for a system and go "oh, there is a pulsar here, so shields are rendered useless so we should pump up the armor instead" in the cases of starbases and enclaves? I can set the defense platforms there to use armor only because I can customize those.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Dongattack posted:

What happens if i take a robot "race" through the Horizon Signal chain?

You can't. Gesalt conciousness won't trigger the event.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Erm, I think someone is trying to flee aggressors.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

In my most recent game, autosurvey showed up in the 5th tech for physics. So easy to grab it then.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Shame I can't purge people. I have a large faction of spiritualists in my race but we are cyborgs.

The weird thing is that the faction started after the process of turning everyone into cyborgs finishes, and they weren't migrants.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

Assimilate them.

They are assimilated! That's the problem.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Can anyone tell me how I get my Teldar Crystals and other Strategics to give me their bonuses? Or where I can see how they work in 2.0.2 or whatever the beta patch is?

Even if you have 3, you just need 1. Trading basically gives another empire the same bonus for X number of years.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Best beta patch notes.
* Fixed bug where post-apocalyptic machine empires would spawn with an incorrect capital building, causing it to instantly delete itself and fulfill the dreams of punk rockers everywhere
* Fixed bug where it was possible to inspect leviathans. Space Dragon no longer tells you his THAC0.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Fanatical is owned by Focus Multimedia. They are as legitimate as Humble Bundle is, even when Humble is owned by IGN Entertainment.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

So um I encountered something very odd and I'm wondering if this is a bug or something anyone's ever seen before.

I was ignoring the other side of the galaxy the whole game and I just got a message that the materialist fallen empire has awoken. I immediately zoom to the event location because it reminded me that I have no idea where the FE's on my map were this whole time. I then realize that this now awoken empire controls a good quarter of the galaxy already. I was vaguely aware of a large blob forming over there, but what I didn't know is that all this time it was a fallen empire that had been blobbing somehow. It looks like they got most of their territory by destroying a machine empire.

I've never seen a fallen empire expand their territory, how is this possible?? Some special or unintended interaction between materialist FE and machine civ?

Could have been the Machine civ actually declared war on the FE and in order to finish the war, the FE had to take over their territory?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

They added Ascension perks to everyone. Some require Utopia, some need Synthetic Dawn, and some need Apocalypse.

As before, if you didn't have Utopia but owned Synthetic Dawn, you wouldn't be able to use the ascension perks at all even the ones that came with that DLC. Megastructures, Genemodding, Synthetic Evolution, and Psionics are Utopia. Making robots better is Synthetic Dawn. Colossus, raiding bombardment, Enigmatic Engineering are Apocalypse. Everything else is base game.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Are those advisor lines in an expansion or something? Aside from the tenor of its very first interaction with you I just get generic lines from my advisors.

They were added with Synthetic Dawn.
It wasn't just robots. Have to add some features everyone can use.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

2.0 was a much needed update, as trying to rework war and chokepoints having all 3 types of FTL would be a colossal task. While war is less janky, it's still bad, but it's better than what it was like before.

I do hope that the Distant Stars update will make exploring a lot more interesting.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Shugojin posted:

I think it's been talked about before in these threads but I forget the answer:

Why do non-founder pops always grow slower? I have a snailien immigrant pop who is growing at a base 1, + 1.58 from food surplus, +10% from genome mapping, +10% from cloning, +25% from harmony traditions, +20% from healthcare campaigns edict, +20% from gene clinic for a grand total of.... +0.56 per month???

You're giving your own people the additions, instead of immigrants. You're not pumping the snaliens full of your exotic drugs that keep your people alive.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

A problem with the doomstack was that it was the only thing people did. Have a massive fleet and just roll through enemies. Who cares about limits when you have millions of fleet power.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Is combat still just corvette spam?

Nope.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Baronjutter posted:

Oh cool when did that change? What did they change? I burned out pretty fast with 2.0 so heavily rewarding 200 corvette fleets and I was seriously ending up with a sore finger from having to click 200 times every time I made a new fleet.

Apocalypse is what changed it from corvette span. You know, 2.0

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

You want distant stars for 20% off?

https://www.fanatical.com/en/dlc/stellaris-distant-stars-story-pack

(Fanatical is legit. They're owned by Focus Multimedia)

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

2.1 has made exploration, well, fun.

Not being forced to avoid anomolies because of the high level of them, and having the risk of failure completely removed has made me see some events I always failed.

Of course, I just need to see the success case of the stupid ceramic pot.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Found a great planet but it had filthy primitives on it.

I'm playing as Driven Assimilators. I overcompensated with 3 wardroids against their not-even gunpower ready renaissance species. And of course they became free labor.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

While I know the differences between planets, I still choose wet planets if it fits the theme of a custom race I am doing.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I am just glad they removed attatchments from ground combat. They were basically pointless and you always forgot they existed.

One thing I would want to see is mechanical combat, also include some air support. Or you know, ground artillery taking potshots at planes or even space cannons to shoot at ships in orbit who might be providing additional support.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

EAC At War adds planetary defence cannons which are quite effective, if it tries to bomb you, it gets shot at.

Mods don't count. Mods add a whole lot of stuff like neat planet modifiers, more events and such, and also new namelists. All of those break Ironman.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Why can't I be nice assimilators?

They all think I am terrible for teaching them the truth about Robot Jesus. It just includes putting a few things into your body to accept Robot Jesus.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Zikan posted:

"I have a patch for the error that causes us to shut down every seven days"

"How dare you alter the Holy Code and attempt to take away our day of rest as blessed by the Programmers Most High"

"But we are literally robots who don't need rest"

"Silence heretic!"

On the 7th day, the robots just spout Robot Jesus quotes at max volume

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Dirk Pitt posted:

Wait, is Wiz no longer game director?

Wiz is still game director.

cKnoor is Marketing Producer, so talks to YouTubers and stuff.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Call Your Grandma posted:

So I see that Stellaris is on sale and OP recommends the expansions in the Starter Pack (base game, Utopia, Apocalypse) but reviews for Apocalypse are mixed. Would you recommend that a budget-conscious player grabs all three while it's on sale or should I just stick with Utopia + base (I loved the hell out of MOO2 but haven't played much 4x other than the Civ series and a little bit of Endless Legend since those days)?

The only reason why Apocalypse is mixed is because people complain that the DLC costs money.

Grab the DLC on sale.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/1039882102693609478?s=19

Haven't we Albertans suffered enough with Snow in September?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I doubt the Space slave traders care what you do with the Space slaves.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I'm sure you can force slaves to go to hell desert planet from your cozy throne of ice and snow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

One problem I have is I hear about these overhauls coming, and not want to get into the game because the overhauls are right around the corner.

Why do you do this to me, Wiz? :negative: