Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I just now noticed that pirates get corvettes that have two auxiliary slots and two medium turrets, where do I get one of these super corvettes? It would be nice to research upgraded ship parts that give you a couple of extra slots or more weapon slots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So corvettes are back to being good again, just had a bunch of them kill a mostly battleship/cruiser fleet that clearly outgunned them with minimum losses. :dance:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Why is it that when the enemy retreats from battle, it counts as a loss for me? I keep losing wars due to attrition because this.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Jabor posted:

War exhaustion is based on ships lost. And I'm pretty sure the battle outcome is based on who got the most war exhaustion, not who ended up retreating.

That's dumb, especially dumb consider my fleet is made up mostly smaller ships specifically meant to counter fleets made up of larger ships. It shouldn't be my defeat because I lost 10 corvettes to his 2 battleships and 4 cruisers, it should be his defeat because I made him quit the field, otherwise all I have to do is cheese the system by equipping long range weapon on everything retreat from every battle once I kill something.

E: What is really bad, is that I'm only take minimum losses, yet it always counts as a major defeat.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Feb 26, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Then I have no idea why I'm losing these battles then when I'm the one coming out on top. :shrug:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

VirtualStranger posted:

What exactly is the difference between "Armour/Shield Damage" and "Armour/Shield Penetration"?

Damage means...well it does damages to X, penetration means it bypasses X.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

The NSC mod does this, i believe, you can unlock better hull sections with more slots.

Not to be a dick, but which NSC mod? There are literally dozen and dozen of mods that go by that name.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

New Ship Classes, any of the versions as far as I know would do it, they come with different loadouts but I'm pretty sure extra sections is a baseline feature.

Oh that mod, unfortunately the new sections for ships are an extremely minor feature of the mod and it focuses almost entirely on adding new classes of ships with their own separate types of ship sections, it also goes out of its way re-implement the old station system. Personally, I find it to be more annoying than helpful as the glut it adds to the game make it that much harder to manage.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Javes posted:

How has the ship combat meta changed with 2.0? Are missiles still worthless?

It seems they hit that balance they wanted with ships and weapons, everything is a little bit viable in it's own way. On top of the fact you can be a little more riskier with underpowered fleets now with the disengagement mechanic.

Corvettes are the current meta due to their high evasiveness which makes them hard to hit, but they can be counter if you set-up for them. However, corvettes have low hull strength, which means if they take any big hits they tend to die, unlike bigger ships which have much higher hull strength to give them a chance to escape. It's a nice risk vs. reward situation.

E: ^^^^^ I don't know what you about you, but I find the bombers to be pretty awesome at what they do.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Mar 2, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Anyone else seeing the messed up text?

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I still wish genetic ascension perk allowed you to edit portraits like you can with robot, I want to change my enslaved army of cthulhu people into huggable starfish of death.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Psychotic Weasel posted:

You can though? Once you've selected the second ascension and researched the tech it unlocks you can change their portrait to anything of the same the same species group.

I have no idea how the game would react to being half humanoid and half reptilian though.

Why have I've never realized this!? :aaa:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Stellaris: Tiles R’ Us is Closed Forever

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Dunite posted:

So expanding on this logic of Wiz being a top level effort poster, which company would hire a top tier poo poo poster?

Bethesda could always use another writer.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I honestly think corvettes work better if they're equipped with missiles or swarmers instead of Torps because they're better suited dealing with other corvettes and destroyers, while still being capable duking it out with bigger ships. I consider torps to be exclusively a cruiser and up weapon only.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The revised planet management system they have planned for the upcoming update has kind of ruined the current build of Stellaris for me. It dawns on me, as I'm micro-managing 7 different recently colonize planets because I can't trust the sector governors to optimized building placement, I don't have to worry about that anymore because the new system is a hell of a lot simpler and more forgiving for the AI to manage, I can finally trust them to take care of micro while I focus the macro.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Xenonion new, the best news.

Also, fellow bird warrior spotted. :v:

E: Squawk!

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Nov 16, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

The Megacorp brand warships are killing me. :lol:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Conspiratiorist posted:

Cruisers are terrible. As line ships their DPR is terrible, and if you want maximum survivability just go evasion cap destroyers.

I don't know, I've been using mine like torpedo bombers with afterburners and a swarm computer, they've been working out fine for me.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I’m scratching my head at energy stations now have an energy up-keep, same for the new energy districts; they produce energy but they also require energy. That can’t be right.

Also, I’m not a big fan of all the upgraded buildings requiring exotic resources to maintain them.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

What's wrong with this pic?

Think there might be something wrong with leadership. :v:

E: Anyway, I like this update, it just needs fix here and there, and maybe a tweak in a couple of places.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 7, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Aethernet posted:

I do get people upset at planets no longer being 'done'; I'm not sure I'll be able to hand planets off to sectors as I just don't trust the AI.

I’ve been using the new sector AI on a couple planets, it’s not running a min/max operation on my planets but it runs a strict yet balanced ship from what seen so far. I think I might end front loading most of my planet micro management onto it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

SniperWoreConverse posted:

this is old as hell I had it a couple versions ago. Some event where you have to like cargo tug some object to keep it from wrecking??

Nope, she just ranked up with this trait.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Ignorant Hick posted:

Is there a known bug with the factions this patch? The last two games I started a faction would spawn with no issues to get influence from, then they would eventually disappear entirely. Gone from the outliner and the factions tab.

If a faction doesn’t have enough pull or members, eventually it will disband.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Wow, habitats are straight up hot garbage now. I mean they used to make great solar farms, but now they don’t really do anything useful.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

pokie posted:

Really? The research districts seem sweet.

They make ok research hubs but your honestly better off using an upgraded research complex due to the the time, cost, and the use of two accession perks to really make them shine.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I'll tell you what, King Lemming terraforming mods can't come out soon enough. It's depressing to get only a handful of planets before you get boxed in by other empires with no real way of expanding other than through habitats.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

ZypherIM posted:

Have you tried beating up people and taking their stuff?

I would normal, but the AI makes a bee-line for defensive pacts and federation in my games, so before 50 years have gone by, the entire galaxy been carved up into powerblocks already. :v:

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I really like this mod, makes the new interface much easier on the eyes.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

I don't get it, the empire type says machine intelligence, but the portrait is a printer...?

It's mostly a networking joke involving HP hardware that have their own unique cocktail of internet protocols that are completely incompatible with everything and an absolute pain to work around.

Back Hack fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 24, 2018

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Xarbala posted:

It's a joke

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Guilliman posted:

heh looks like steam hates it yeah.

Link is here: https://www.gofundme.com/guilli039s-broken-computer-fund

Think I gave you the equivalent of 10 dollars.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

In other news, I seem to have lost track of how I kick a Criminal Syndicate's Branch Office off of a planet of mine? Can anyone point it out to me? Googling didnt help.

Hrmm that is more than I was looking for but it also sounds really useful and neat so I may have to give it a go, thank you. Does it have any bloat beyond allowing those policies?

The main mod it’s spliced from is really good, that’s just about it.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

A lot of people are going to be extremely unhappy with today's dev diary, if the previous talk on the subject of 'espionage' is anything to go by.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Bar Ran Dun posted:

It could be worse. loving Skylines takes like 30 minutes to load. Stellaris is at least playable.

Now to be fair, the 3000 mods I have downloaded aren't helping at all.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

DatonKallandor posted:

They got Al Capone on tax evasion, why not Ghengis Khan.

Because this is SPACE Ghengis Khan we're talking about!

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

We really need higher tier of resources, it just 75% of my planets are Refinery worlds. That really shouldn't be the case.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Oh, 25x then. It's gonna be glorious chaos.

Also, I've spent like 200 hours thinking this was a picture of a rocket ship flying over a ruined city.

I’ve been playing this since it first came out and I’ve never noticed. I feel like a dumbass.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Jazerus posted:

i liked the picture a lot better when i thought it was a ship, thanks

We need to mods an edit picture where the hand has been turned into a ship. ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

Can confirm, merchant meta is strong as gently caress.