Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Winner of January '10 Lux Aeterna "Best 2010 Poster" Award
Ringworlds, dyson spheres, stargates... These do not interest us.

Planet-sized disco balls with rainbow rings - now THAT is what we will require to broadcast this throughout the galaxy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

We shall become themasters of the universe - or dance trying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010

Baronjutter posted:

What are the other silly demands the community keeps pressing wiz about? Like unicorns, or fixing sectors, or something like that.

One thing I hope WIZ implements, is the ability to tracks certain event triggers to the background music, in addition to the ability to detect the beats-per-minute of the song.

So, like a midi file, modders could then write certain events that occur to the pops you see on a planet. For example: Blorg and other fungus dance to the percussion of the song -plantoids sway left and right to the string section... humanoids bob up and down, and the oxen mammals (the ones that open their mouths) would open and close them to the choral portions.

Then, as a rogue servitor, I could finally listen to 'distant nebula' ft. Mia Stegmar on a 25 pop planet, and watch as my xenophile collection all dance and sing in unison to the music.

... or a working AI...

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
To appease the warp-lovers, and yet maintain some of the strategic depth - could they implement warp drive like how the jump drive mechanic works now - except with a higher arrival malus to ship combat, as well as taking longer to arrive at one's destination?

Hyperlane-only civs would be able to quickly dispatch a fleet in time, so using it to bypass a stronhold would not be adviseable...

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
I think I am about to get shafted by a minor race that just reached the space age...

I am playing fanatic pacifist and xenophobia for inward perfection. I have a planet that shares the same system as these guys. My fear is that once these pre space worms reach empire status they will end up claiming everything else in my system... which includes a citadel and a 21 tile sized Gaia world.

I am not sure what to do... If they flip the system I Cannot just declare war on them to take it back... and as an inward perfection build I Cannot infiltrate their government so that I can immediately integrate them...

I am running out of time and options... losing this system would almost bisect my empire in two making military traffic impossible...

Only thing I can think of is hope to grab the collosus perk and neutralise the planet in a shield...

Is there perhaps something I am missing or forgetting that I could do to prevent this?

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010

Vord posted:

I believe that become a tributary instead if you have inward perfection.

Well unfortunately it did not turn out that way...
They mounted an attack on the starbase with a rinky dink fleet which was summarily destroyed... I was given the option of either ceding control of the system and my Gaia colony with it, or demand their surrender... So they blew themselves up and now I have a tomb world perfect for one of the races I recently conquered.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/KIC_8462852

There was a star that astronomers thought was an actual ringworm... but just turned out to be a giant dust cloud...

Stupid autocorrect

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010

Sedisp posted:

Stellaris 2.2: Darmok in Picard at Tangara

This gets my vote

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Have a weird bug going on...

I have the prethoryn swarm fleet stuck in one system occupied by the enigmatic fortress. They just seem to be hanging out in the system and (possibly) increasing in size... I have been able to go all the way around the other side of the galaxy and clean up their unprotected systems, so it is just them in that system now...

Problem is... there is about 40 or more fleets in there at 90k fleet power each. Can I just make the sun go supernova or somethimg to erradicate them? Sending in my specialized fleet of 6 90k ships tailored to kill prethoryn over and over barely makes a dent...

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Need some help getting back into Stellaris.

I played a lot of Stellaris prior to the big Le Guin update (tiles change) but did not get back into playing it. Now with the Christmas bundle I grabbed all the dlc's since then (Utopia, Leviathans, plantoids, humanoids, machines, distant worlds, megacorp, Ancient Relics)... fired up a game as rogue servitors...

... and feel completely lost with the new mechanics...

Should I start with something a bit easier than servitors to better understand all the planet changes since tiles are no more? I really want to get back into Stellaris since my hiatus, but feel like I am up against a wall learning the new mechanics.

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Geeting back into Stellaris since the le guin update - having fun with a shared burden build... but I am finding that the user interface - namely the font - seems fuzzy and out of focus. I have the game set to my monitors native resolution and I am not using any upscaling or downscaling... Maybe I am just imagining things, but I feel the game was not so out of focus before...

Anyone experience this kind of artifacting?

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
I think Guilli's planet modifiers also comes with some unique starting civics (Such as play as an ancient awakened precursor, but only start with 1 pop, but with 1 ancient precursor building).

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
Is there a way to tweak, or adjust, a sector you wish to release as a vassal?

Pre Le Guin, I used to play as authoritarian spiritual enlighteners, uplifting pre-sentients, or primitives, as then releasing that race as a vassal to my empire, tweaking the individual sectors so that I still had territorial access to all of them via a lobg corridor...

In my recent game, I captured a bunch of planets from some fanatic purifiers, turned them to my cause, and would like to release their ancient capital as a vassal - but the only way to do that involves making a sector from said capital - which expands the sector 4 jumplanes away into some gaia planets I do not want to give to them..

Is there any way I can manually adjust, or provide space, to the sector before I release it as a vassal?

I cannot seem to find the way to tweak sectors. I know it was there pre le guin, could it be a mod conflict?

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
My last playthrough as an inward perfectionist had the same feel. My immediate neighbour was a pacifistic egalitarian, to my fanatic pacifist (xenophobe). Cue said neighbour declaring war every single time on cooldown with his millitaristic-mechanist ally. And the reason was an ideological war. "You are TOO peaceful! Therefore we shall bomb your citizens to show the error of their ways!".

Then, when things looked grim and I had lost 4 systems, a fanatic purifier spawned right between the two of them... and suddenly their fleets pulled out and all was quiet. Took back my 4 systems, claimed a white peace, and waited and watched as this fanatic purifier made inroads into both their empires....

... my pacifist neighbour had like maybe 5 systems left, with one planet, when they came knocking on our galactic front door with a kind "TIME FOR WAAAAAARRR" notice. Like, really? You don't think the giant fungus people massacring your citizens might be the bad guys, instead of, you know, us space snails who just like to chill out on the other side of the wormhole hyperlane?

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
What's the threads genersl consensus on the ascendacy perk that grants 20% extra habitability on habitats and extra districts? I built my first habitat on Venus, and it feels a little underwhelming - considering I have three (3) ecunopolii from 2 relic worlds + Fen Habbanis. Since I am playing as the almighty glorious gay space communists I can't force migrate my extra pops to these worlds (even when using automatic migration mod).

Also, is it ethical, as a glorious gay space communist, to have one world with over 400 amenities, while the rest of my worlds hover around 40? Is that not a contradiction to the whole :shared burdens" ethos? (Its Alpha Centaurii of all places, nothing but commercial buildings everywhere).

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
With regards to strikecraft vs corvettes and destroyers fulfilling a point-defence role, how do they scale when factoring in war exhaustion? Do destroyed fighters increase war exhaustion? If not, have any simulations been conducted to see what kind of advantages /disadvantages there are for war exhaustion mechanics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guigui
Jan 19, 2010
It has been a while since I've touched stellaris - aside from pulsars and black holes having an effect on fleet combat, are there any system specific effects that impair ship combat?

IE: Some systems in MOO2 were in a nebula, which I believe affected shields in your ships and some targetting computers (if memory serves).

It would be interesting if nebula effects in stellaris had a similar effect, suxh as in Freespace 2, where large capital ships are severely hindered by scanning and long range weaponry use, giving an advantage to the players with more close-ranged, small weaponry.

(I thing the caretakers in the garden from homeworld were like this?)