Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

rizzen posted:

The real question is, am I just blind, or are my rally points loving gone in this update?

yeah am I crazy or are they missing

2.0 is dope so far, and I know I'm being ungrateful, but wiz, baby, if you're listening, I beg of thee two UI additions: a little sidebar that shows relative rankings of empires at all times (like Civ has, or the Great power menu in EU), and double left-clicking on foreign space should open diplomacy immediately. Small things but I think they would be very nice to have

Anyway im very impressed and space mongols are assholes
e: fuk it, this post is already super scattershot, I'm also really pleased with the pace of early game expansion, there's a good tempo between bursts of station building and then backfilling systems. Does make me wish for an "automated improvements" tech that lets your constructors go wild though

Fuligin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Feb 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

I thought I was in a food death spiral after getting raided brutally by marauders, but I pulled out of it by instituting martial law on my core worlds, piling on empire edicts, and converting as much as I could afford to farms. It was neat and I liked it

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Yea my only real complaint with cherryh is that UI improvements haven't gone far enough. And let my constructors auto improve

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

SkySteak posted:

So are the complaints in a Apocalypse actually worthwhile or are people just whining, given that the rating is currently lingering at 65%? Is it just the new changes or is there actually some severe issues with the game currently?

There are definitely some things that need to be patched or balance tweaked but on the whole this is a much better game than it was before

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

What're peoples thoughts on galaxy type and hyperlane density settings? I'm tryna figure out my ideal presets

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like 1.0 and four arms will be my first go of it

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Finally got Horizon Signal, nice to see all the fuss was deserved. Please keep Kennedy on retainer Paradox. I especially liked the secondary event chains it enabled

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Anyone know if the crisis can strike while the war in heaven is still going on? I've been all but destroyed, and I'm trying to decide whether to observe the last few years or not.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

This game has become very good, and I am excited to see it become even better in the future. The only game for which the "Paradox dlc bloat" meme could reasonably be said to apply is EUIV, and even then I think people exaggerate it (except for "Innovativeness" like how did that term even make it past an editor come on)

anyway did people ever figure out if glavius' mod was actually breaking parts of the ai or not?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Baronjutter posted:

It was in the past but seems really good if not essential now. The main thing is that glavius is really active and passionate about the stellaris AI and will update the mod multiple times a day based on reports and improvements. Like if you report AI weirdness to glavius and have a good bug report he'll often reply back within an hour and thank you for finding a problem.

i'll give it a try then, thanks

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

GunnerJ posted:

Fed fleet is a neat idea in theory that is a pain in the rear end in practice.

Instead, replace it with the ability to make the fed ship designs using the best tech from every member that any empire in the federation can build so long as they stay in it.

I like this idea. Maybe add some unique ship modules unlocked by the ethos makeup of your fed

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Splicer posted:

1) Not enough flavour bones thrown at you. If I'm fighting a devouring horde and taking their territory then the pacifist AI empires that aren't involved should fire me messages telling me that violence is never the way. Then I should be able to reply back with "What the gently caress they're trying to eat me" and get a "Well whatever helps you sleep at night :smug:" back. Or something less terrible, constant pop-ups would be annoying but a dedicated diplomatic communications log like the new anomalies log might work. Anyway.

One of Beyond Earth's few well implemented ideas was that diplomacy twitter feed for precisely this sort of thing. I think it would work well in stellaris

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

My long term wish is for space nomads. Let me migrate from system to system, draining their resources like a plague, scourging the fat, gravity-encumbered well dwellers

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Kinda out of the Stellaris loop, is all this new planet stuff a new DLC?

edit: new future dlc

it's unannounced teaser stuff from wiz's twitter. While i'm sure the next dlc will tie into it somehow, given the paradox model everything shown thus far is probably patch stuff

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Im insanely horny for victoria 3: scramble for the galaxy, possibly just because i no longer will have to look at victoria 2

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Aethernet posted:

Nah, DEs, and each one is a single robot with a -cron suffix.

Also, thread titles for 2.2, now we know it's Le Guin? A Space Wizard of Spacesea is obvious, but better options must be out there.

Stellaris: now Dispossesed of tiles

Goddamn i love LeGuin

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Bremen posted:

I wonder how Agrarian Idyll and Ecumenopolis interact? Ironically they'd have a lot of synergy since city worlds produces loads of refined resources but have a ravenous appetite for raw materials, and Agrarian idyll worlds will excel at producing raw materials but have problems with refining. Or they might be mutually exclusive.

Start with proles and make space eloi / morlocks

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

welp, the bad news is, I just got fired. On the bright side, tomorrow is now free...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i think this may actually be the fabled Patch That Makes Stellaris Good

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Pay a lump sum to make a template then have jobs automatically behave as if they are using the optimal pop type at all times

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Has performance improved enough to play on medium maps yet?

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Ham Sandwiches posted:

For Stellaris 2 please get rid of the system level view.

Agreedo. It's always felt superfluous to the game's core design

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

What size/shape do peeps usually play on? I know in the old days Medium was still pretty rough

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Poil posted:

I hate that I have to manually go and order the science vessel who finished researching an anomaly to actually do the last bit which is a research project. It's so stupid and just adds pointless busywork for no reason. Oh you found those alien murals yet again, how exciting, and you're speeding away or sitting idle not doing anything with them. Great. That is obviously what I would like you to do.

possibly my single greatest stellaris gripe

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

And Tyler Too! posted:

What I usually do is immediately set trade policy to consumer benefits and economy to militarized, send out 4 scientists to survey (sell excess food/consumer goods to get some early energy). When my first ascension tree is active I almost always pick expansion first because spending less influence to take systems and colonies starting with an extra pop makes it an insanely good choice. I'd like to adopt Discovery first and then fill out Expansion but 200 influence for Map the Stars is BULLSHIT. After that I focus on getting a good supply of minerals rolling, since those are your lifeblood early on. Always put up orbital stations as soon as possible, since it's free stuff and really begins to pay for itself with upgrades that increase mining/research station output. The upkeep becomes an afterthought very quickly. After that I focus on building up my energy/mineral income so when I start gunning for alloys+research I won't nosedive my basic resource income. Industrial districts+consumer benefits (remember to scoop up trade value with starbases) covers scientist upkeep. I keep my food income in the positive but I don't need to prioritize it, just have enough to keep the pops from starving and enough for colony ships and then add more food jobs as needed. Once I've got my first 2 colonies up the one with the most generator districts becomes a dedicated generator world, the other one becomes a forge world. After that my economy is stable enough that I can generally do whatever. I personally am very anal about staying under my sprawl cap so I'll find some lovely small planet and if the habitability is good it becomes my bureaucrat world. Once stability drops below 50 I start adding holo-theaters, gotta have amenities. If I see an excess of clerks, it's time to build a useful building/industrial district.

Good post.

Anyone have recs on giulli-tier mods?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Now I'm curious because there was more than one to me.

For reference:

no ring