Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

My science ship entered the ancient pirate system that was only a few clicks away from my starting position and just disappeared after it started evasive maneuvers. There was no battle report or anything, and the scientist was just sitting comfortably in the leader list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I hear purging is bugged right now; in what way? I'm trying to play as space vampires who want to eat everyone in the galaxy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

When someone makes a claim on you, you should be able to click the pop-up bubble and have it zoom on the system in the galaxy view.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Will namelist mods disable achievements?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Do namelists disable achievements? I can't find a definitive answer for this version. All the posts I can find about it are from a year ago

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dallan Invictus posted:

They still disable achievements.

Thank you.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm pretty sure this is a bug:

I've noticed it on primitives as well.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I really hope for the next update they refine the alien generation algorithm to ensure more diversity in the galaxy, I keep getting nothing but hegemonic imperialists and despotic slavers. I'm fine with one or two of those, but this galaxy is just filled with empires that have the same.civics and ethics

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Deformed Church posted:

I didn't notice until about fifteen minutes ago and suddenly it's very important to me, but there's no shuffle button on the rename planet dialogue so I can't make all these planets I stole go with my namelist.

There needs to be a shuffle button on the empire renamer as well, so I can have an appropriate name for when I change into a xenophilic oligarchy

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Is a fallen empire waking up considered a endgame crisis?

I'd consider it a late mid-game crisis since it shakes up the balance of power in the galaxy but isn't a galaxy ending threat.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The ships flying around is cool but also makes it hard to see what my fleet strength is

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Xenaero posted:

Did they fix the thing from pre 2.0 where if you get Star Charts in a trade, the anomalies and researchies were unavailable?

Star charts are gone entirely, instead you trade for communications with other empires

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Man, enforcing ideology is really tough. It'd just be easier to capture a bunch of their systems and turn them into a puppet state

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tradition costs seem fine to me. I'm even playing at 0.75 and it seems just right

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Jabarto posted:

I've been trying to make a democratic crusader kind of empire but the militarist faction is really bugging me. I wish their agendas were more about gunboat diplomacy kind of stuff, like having at least 1 titan in your navy, building up to 90% of the forcelimit, allowing military service from all citizens, etc, and a lot less "kill everyone, everywhere, all the time, always, forever". Now that you can only rival empires that directly border you, and only if they're not too strong or weak, it seems like the longer the game goes on the harder it is to keep them happy.

I think gunboat diplomacy needs to be a thing, threatening people to open their borders so I can finish that sweet wildlife acquisition event chain

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

How do I check claims that have been made against me? Also, I noticed that the diplomacy screen no longer tells you when your truce with an empire will end, unless that was fixed in the latest round of fixes. Is there a way to check when my allies' truce ends?

Finally, if I rival an ally of an ally, or try to go to war with an ally of an ally, what happens? I'm friends with some federation builders but they're making an alliance with some terrible authoritarians I want to go after.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

In mod recommendation news, I enjoy Potent Rebellions, it adds a few events that fire based on your neighbour's actions, as well as a way to broadcast propaganda to generate unrest in enemy systems.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1112740619

(the, erm, generous amount of starbase slots is not part of the mod, that's NSC)

It also tends to have the entertaining effect of trouncing people in wars leading to their state going into civil war which is frankly hilarious :v:

This mod rules because it creates weird balkanized third world portions of the map where all the outside influence keeps them in perpetual conflict.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Something that would make this game more interesting to me is if there were a limit on the number of ai personality types that could spawn in a given game. One slaving despot as a neighbor is interesting, two is cool, but once you realize your entire galaxy is nothing but slaving despots with police states things start to get a little boring.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Has anyone else noticed this bug? Whenever I start a new game there's a random primitive civilization that I know of on the other side of the map.

I'm not using any mods.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Is there a mod that lets you force spawn as fallen empire? I kind of want to do an all-human game with Earth as the fallen seat of power and all the other civs are the remnants

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Or maybe Earth is controlled by a roachoid devouring swarm

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ass_Burgerer posted:

You can and it's kinda easy. Easier if you have notepad++. You can even edit ironman games, you just need 7zip or something to look inside and edit stuff.

FIRST YOU MAKE A BACKUP. Then make a dummy game with the empire with the civics and flag and everything you want. Then look inside it and find the bits you want and copy it over to the real save. Use ctrl+f to find your empire and it's bits. You can even change ship type and name pools I think. Though, you should be careful doing this because things are a bit messy, empire data is usually in multiple places, and literally everything about your save is in that one file. But don't worry too much if things go tits up, you have a backup.

I'm actually planning on doing this for my next play through where I play as a regular faction and have a robot uprising. The robot faction that gets spawned is always, infuriatingly, randomly generated and never gets those unique civics. I really loving wish there was a way to edit and choose stuff when it happens and you side with the robots/rebels.

Thank you, I'm glad somebody finally posted how to do this instead of waving it away by saying it was a pain in the rear end

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

What sort of civics (with the civics redux mod included) would make for a good representation of a Lizard Aztec empire?

Idk what that mod adds but for vanilla Imperial Cult + Slaver Guilds makes sense to me

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Yes Yes, but surely there must be something else that murders corvettes adequately as well.

Better corvettes.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've put 100+ hours into this and will probably put in another hundred before I'm done. This game rules

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Awhile back I had a game where the Fanatic Purifier had only one system and was trapped by the home planet of another race. One of the beta patches broke the save though so I had to abandon the game

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There need to be religion mechanics, it makes no sense that spiritualist empires like each other simply for being religious. That's not how it works!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I really hope this patch overhauls diplomacy :pray: Exploration is really cool but it's lower on my list of reasons I like this game

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Conskill posted:

Stellaris needs a throne-room screen like Civ 2.

That would be awesome

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

We need more throne room drama. If this game took a few nods from CK2 and had the various scientists and governers be actual characters I would probably play this for 1000 more hours instead of 100

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Unhappy factions attempting coups instead of just sitting there miserably doing nothing. Being able to expend influence to help factions in other nations. Espionage!! These are the things I want

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

ZypherIM posted:

Stopping at cyborg is a pretty big mistake these days IMO. There used to be more benefits from cyborgs and the way the bonuses changed dropped some stuff like fire rate on admirals. They changed it a while ago so that synth leaders are just a straight upgrade, and that was the major reason people used to stick with cyborgs.

That's a shame, I like the flavor of cyborgs more. My last big game I played as a decadent space empire of depressed cyborgs eternally living in backstabbing misery. It just wouldn't have been the same with synths

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Shibawanko posted:

The whole game is just a series of awkward compromises between different half baked mechanics but I'm still enjoying myself somehow. Something about running a fictional state is just inherently fun and I wish they'd do their best a bit more to make the various components work well together, more interesting politics and espionage would be a great first step.

This, I think better politics as well as a way to see the politics of neighbors would do a lot to make everyone more distinct and seem less generic