Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I only had about 30-45 minutes to screw around, but I really like the new early game exploration and the use of spaceports to cap systems, and how exploration is handled.

I also like it a lot more then trying to figure out where, in pre 2.0, borders would go if you removed an outpost to try and recover influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are we getting the patch notes this week? Also is there any good YouTube videos that sum up all the stuff going into 2.2? I just haven’t had a chance to read any of the dev diaries beyond the first Econ update.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's funny I expected it to be longer at first and then I recalled while long, 2.0, wasn't overly long either, even for the whole FTL rework.

But hell yeah it's patch notes time!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

# Xeno-Compatibility

* Added new ascension perk: Xeno-Compatibility, which allows cross-breeding between species
Someone is totally buying this expansion because they want to have their aliens species bang other aliens and do weird eugenics (so macro CK2 in space lol).

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is someone doing a 2.2 thread? No, I don't want to, I just don't want to miss a new thread starting.

Also GUYS we're 2.2 soon! :magical:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dunite posted:

Stellaris 2.2: Press the button; delete tiles; uplift horses for consent

Stellaris 2.2 Slave Trading Simulator.

Man I still can't get over how weird it is to see that as a feature in a game.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh yeah, I just mean as a pronounced advertised feature vs event or static trade item (which is still a strange thing I'll give you that). Similar to the Expulsion one in the upcoming EUIV release.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean it's Quill so ymmv on the voice, but this is a nice overview of the new systems and interface.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hu089STzDEw

Crazycryodude posted:

Has Wiz pressed the Make Game Good button yet

I think 36 more minutes or so.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is anyone going to put up a WY custom empire on the workshop?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benagain posted:

You can lift a horse to sapience but you can't make them gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pcZXZ9WzBc&t=20s

turn off the TV posted:

I am pretty sure there's going to be a dozen in about five hours.

I was honestly kind of surprised there weren't ones already, even with the lack of a corp game structure.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nevets posted:

Haha, I haven't played EUIV in so long I don't recognize half the stuff in that shot.

Paradox games are like MMO's in that they keep adding features and changing mechanics, but you don't feel like you've wasted $60 if you put the game down and don't play for 1/2 a year.

Plus you can always roll it back and marvel at "wait the game used to be like this?"

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBN_Shaggy posted:

imagine those people who stuck with the version where all 3 warp types are available.

stuck with tiles....forever

I have to admit I actually liked tiles (probably an nostalgia of Civ 2), but the new system is just so drat good and deep, that any issues I had are gone.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ITS HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nevets posted:

Right now, try restarting Steam.

That's what I had to do.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am just so confused. I'm not saying that in a I'm mad or THANKS WIZ way, just in there is a lot of stuff to take in way.

Splicer posted:

Oh man, it's really possible to play goodguy authoritarians now. I'm playing a Free Haven Authoritarian Fanatic Xenophile. Come live here, we love you and we know best.
So Space California? :rimshot: :v:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So what are people initially building early game on planets for the first slot or two?

So much stuff and I'm just not sure what to build. Especially because nothing is initially drastically lacking in production. Same applies to districts. I'm just having trouble figuring out the initial build strategy on my capital planet.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Dec 7, 2018

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

capital planet is almost definitely unity building followed by alloys, to fund expansion. third building's probably going to be gene clinic.

as for first building on a fresh colony, i think you want to start immediately building districts

Okay cool. It seems I wasn't to far off base with what I was building.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So it seems every time I play every neighbor hates me and I never get a chance to use any advanced diplomatic options. I’m not doing anything to be a massive rear end in a top hat (or traits or civics that would exacerbate the problem). The worst part is this always leads me to getting ganged up on. So what can I do to mitigate this?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bedurndurn posted:

If your neighbors are ganging up on you when you're not actively being an rear end, it sounds like you need a stronger navy. If you're strong enough not only will they like you, they'll also occasionally give you stuff so you don't murder them.

Well part of it is as soon as I encounter someone they close borders and usually rival me.

But good point on the navy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't played Stellaris in about 1-2 years. Now the same was kind of true with HOI4, but with WFH, that's changed. I was wondering if someone could recommend a current (or as current as possible) tutorial for the game. I mean so much has changed over the release of the game. Also in terms of DLC is Federations or the new one worth it?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

yikes! posted:

Montu Plays makes a lot of tutorial videos. They might be too basic for you if you've played before, but this one on the new planet management should be most of what you need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT2S_2qgvLI&t=1s

Thanks!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well huh I had no clue they got Stellaris console edition has mostly caught up to the PC version. I mean it still needs the nemesis expansion, but compared to where it was about two years ago that’s pretty impressive.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShadowHawk posted:

I'm more excited by the removal of admin cap increases. This means Stellaris is going to have some sort of soft-growth diminishing returns system for tech again, so maybe games won't get so consistently runaway victory.

So I haven't played since oh 2.0 and I've been using the Montu Play's channel recommended here....and man I missed this game so much, and with all the new features, it feels like a new game. It's kind of hilarious to think of base Stellaris or HOI 4 and how insanely different/limited things are.

That said was TAB always a way to switch between systems you have units in? If so, I feel supremely dumb about never noticing this earlier, much like the limited training option in HOI4, but I'm happy I know it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cimber posted:

Any good guides on planet and pop management? The game is a lot different then when I played about..uhh...4ish years ago?

See if Montu Plays has any videos on it perhaps. Honestly I've been using him to help get back into the game since I haven't played it since 2.2 or 2.3.