Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
Is it worth it to buy Nemesis or is the Dick adequate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I bought Nemesis because becoming the crisis has been the goal of almost every Stellaris game that I've ever played, and now that's actually possible in a less superficial way

Good point. It would be a more satisfying way to end the game.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
I want to use the reinforce fleet button. Every time I do though, it completely bankrupts me of alloys. :allbuttons: I want to be able to build other things while reinforcing my fleet with the button. Is there a way to set a lower limit of alloys to a number greater than 0?

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
There's nothing wrong with the faction system. It's only bad if you consider it from a purely xenophile perspective, because factions tend to work against those empires since it is inevitable that they will get populations with opposing ethics. The trade-off is that xenophiles get massive influxes of population, which is really important in general for resource production (and overall power).

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
Does anyone know how to get the planetary mass resource in the gigastructures mod? I'm trying to make attack moons with the fabricator, but I need that resource to make one. I can't seem to trade for it either. Is there a wiki for this kind of info? :psyduck:

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
Hmm I was able to create attack moons by locating suitable moons and building megastructures on them. I just thought that there was an attack moon fabricator that allows you to not have to find a moon to construct one. Maybe it's not from the gigastructures mod, and from NSC2 or something instead. Oh well, thanks anyway for the link and info.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Shadowlyger posted:

It's a planetary decision on uninhabited planets. It does actually tell you this.

And it IS part of Gigastructures. You needed to take a specific ascension perk to even get the attack moon fabricator tech.

Just want to say 'thanks' for posting this! I read the text in Celestial Warship Assembly, but it wasn't clear to me that I had to do a planetary decision to get the planetary mass.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Jabarto posted:

Yeah I generally love the new economy but I'm pretty much constantly checking every planet I have, the micro is worse now than it ever has been.

You must be pretty new to the game then. Before, there was no S curve slowdown in pop growth and auto-migration wasn't a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012

Jabarto posted:

I've been playing since 1.4 or so. Auto migration is great but it doesn't change the fact that there's no way to set up a build template. I still have to choose between:

1. scanning my entire planet list and building a new district/building, on demand, every single time a new pop is born on ANY planet in my entire empire, or
2. wasting upkeep on things that won't even produce anything at first.

I usually go for the latter, but with the way capital upgrades and such can't be factored into building queues it can only get me so far.

I won't deny that there is still micromanagement. I think there will always be heavy micro if you want to completely min-max everything, unless you go for an automated solution. However, the micro now is much less than in previous versions imo.

My suggestion is to go with 2), and build enough for a minimum overhead of 8 to 10 available housing/jobs (whichever is lower).

I'll actually panic from time to time, and realize that I totally forgot about building anything for a long time, but thanks to this method and the S curve pop growth slowdown, I often find that I didn't even need to build anything yet.