Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I've fired up a test game (going with the dependable old UNE), and I've been enjoying myself so far. Somehow found a system with something like 40 minerals. :getin: Needless to say had a mad dash to secure it.

Sad that the tailer theme isn't included in the expansion soundtrack - will it ever be available?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

rizzen posted:

I'm sure that there aren't any bad things at all waiting for you in this system. Not a single one.

Oh.

OH.

:ohdear:

I forgot there was a popup talking about a Crystalline Asteroid field...I thought it was talking about another system I'd been surveying at the time.

I should probably build a large fleet, shouldn't I?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

darthbob88 posted:

Yeah, 2500 fleet power at minimum, and preferably more like 10-15K.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might burn the run to the ground and start over, that's probably gonna be beyond my reach entirely.

I love this game, but I suck real bad at it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Lol. My most far-flung science vessel got the "drill rampage" anomaly. I could have gotten a year and a half's worth of mineral output by scrapping the thing, but no, I think, the "research" option will almost certainly pay off in the long term...

So the project spawns, and it needs a construction ship in orbit. Within 365 days.

Construction ships now take half a year to travel two jumps. This anomaly was 11 jumps from my nearest system.

:negative:

(I guess not all the events, anomalies, etc have been rebalanced yet.)
Yeah, it can be a pain in the rear end to complete Mandates as a democracy now. Then again, I suppose considering you get Unity for completion now, that might be a deliberate choice.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

GreyjoyBastard posted:

a foreign empire managed to accidentally rescue them for me

and got a placeholder_name diplo boost to my opinion of them for it

too bad I'm Fanatical Purifiers, and also I'm not an ai

You can change your civics, you could become Xenophiles. Because if aliens are willing to save your people, maybe they're not all bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Shouldn't Space Amoebas Forever set them to neutral?

I seem to remember it did pre-2.0. I don't want to fight them. :ohdear: