Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

That's probably the only thing I kind of don't like with the 2.0 change because having multiple owner systems was very nice for one province minors previously.

I mean it's not really a problem but it made the borders look nicer and gave you a bit more control.

What's the best way to handle Sanctuary? I enlightened the nicest species and then integrated them after 5 years. Then when I enlightened the next ones (who were arseholes) they took over both ringworld sections. I'm now integrating them. I take it I have to allow active study?

Also the changes to hive-minds are fairly substantial - I was used to the pops on captured worlds dying off slowly but now they adapt to being independent. Makes fighting this devouring swarm a pain what with going over the core sector systems cap constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Zane posted:

Yah me too. I'm still not sure if it's a mod? I wasn't quite able to isolate it. I updated a couple of mods and I had less of this problem afterwards.

I get this in vanilla when I meet a new empire via trading communications.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Nessus posted:

Those cute snuggly shy flowers can be genocidal purifiers

Surely "must be"?

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013
Is there any way to re-develop FE planets/ringworlds without clearing them and resettling? I can't build higher-tier buildings on the Alpha Complex as I don't have a planetary capital but am unable to build one. Same with the xenophobes I conquered.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013
How does target choice work? Do weapons target individually or by ship? If a ship has anti-shield and anti-armour weapons, will the weapons target optimally or will the ship maximise damage as a whole?

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

Ships don’t split damage between targets, they will always fire all their guns at their current target until it is dead. Ships do prefer targets based on their weapon types.

Ok, so is it best to run with the same weapons on a given ship design but mix designs within a fleet?

Is there a guide to the current ship meta?

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Demiurge4 posted:

One of my favourite early strategies is to rush blue lasers and then plasma. Build a bunch of cheap shield stripping corvettes using railguns and back them up with plasma destroyers. Early shields suck so they go down fast and destroyers will absolutely melt anything up to cruisers and strongholds with massed plasma.

Thanks. I went a while without playing so wanting to check that what I knew before hasn't changed. Are cruisers/strike craft still bad? Is it still best to run with a single fleet of battleships/titans in the late game with other fleets of corvettes to engage first?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013
Are there any workarounds for late game freezes? I suspect it relates to Stellaris not handling multi-core processors well.