Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

The one major issue I hold with the game is a total lack of options in intel-gathering against an opponent before a war. It's always guesswork whether I beat an equivalent force numerically - that fees unsatisfying still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

binge crotching posted:

This may have been answered already, but if I take the marauder civic, how do I use the cb? I don't have any valid cb on nearby empires.

You must literally neighbour them.

THE loving MOON posted:

Welp gonna have to give up this whole barbaric despoilers game as a bad job. at 2050 I definitely expanded way too hard, hit starvation multiple times, and had my homeworld rebel. I attacked some atomic age primitives to get me juicy new tomb world, attacked another and made them into livestock but when I finally did encounter another empire, they were way ahead of me. Game was just hosed from top to bottom. I'll try again tomorrow lol.

edit: Gonna roll a regular rear end kingdom next i think. I need to get a better handle on the new systems.

It's really annoying how slow abducting people is. I get that it needs some form of balance, but it's far easier to actually conquer a planet than to steal some pops and that just doesn't feel right.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Wiz posted:

Realism is not a meaningful argument. Without war exhaustion and forced status quo peaces, every single war would be to the death.

That said, it might be ticking up too fast right now.

Some differences in terminology depending on species might help. 'War Sustainability' for materialists or 'Computational Stress' for robots or 'War Frustration' for militarists might help quell some of these complaints.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

The fleet manager is utterly incomprehensible. I have a fleet with 37 corvettes and two destroyers. My fleet management states that the layout should be 5 destroyers to 20 corvettes. I click reinforce - it queues up two extra corvettes.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

I would guess that you created that fleet by adding ships to it and the ships are not of the designs fitting the template.

The manager will simply build the ships you assign to its template, if you add extra ships into the fleet manually, then it will obviously not delete the old ones to make room for the new ones.

If it ordered more corvettes that's probably because you have fewer of that design in the fleet than the template is set to, so it builds them to fill it, that's how it's supposed to work.

Basically if you want to build a fleet, go into the manager and fill it up with designs in there, then just hit reinforce and it'll buy ships from shipyards until it reaches that loadout. Very simple honestly.

I have never designed a single ship in the game. I only use the auto-generated designs, and throughout this game I have not once manually constructed any ships. All ships in that fleet came from the single auto-design made by the game, and all were built by hitting that reassign button.

On another note, War Exhaustion has made sieging planets honestly pointless affairs. That along with the buffs to defensive armies have made conquering planets extremely difficult if they have a single fortress, and this is with indiscriminate bombing. The new mechanics at play are all great, but the numbers do seem like they need a considerable amount of tweaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

Regarding the Global Pacifier, is it possible to use it on your own worlds? This is important for my Spathi playthrough.

Emalde posted:

Why the gently caress do I instantly gain 100% war fatigue from any sort of fleet combat? Even if I "win" (their stack is reduced to 1k and EFTLs out or some such) it treats it as an "Utter Defeat".

That's something that really annoys me in particular. Space battles that are won should decrease war fatigue, making winning decisive battles key to galactic morale and encouraging players to actually go out and fight.