Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Ms Adequate posted:

I've seen a couple of other people around the Net mention the same thing, but nobody seems to know if it's a WAD mechanic we haven't got to grips with yet or a bug.

I had this happen to me in two wars. Utterly destroy an opponent and they reach 100% war exhaustion...and we just do a status quo peace despite my WE being like 15.

It’s maybe my only gripe about the new patch/expansion. It’s super loving good, and I love how long the early game takes now- since it’s the best part of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

That desync also happened to me and a bud, but it happened after 80 years so it ended up being just a good point to stop :v:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

metasynthetic posted:

Also Paradox people please let me save my custom races to the cloud between versions. Just give me a red flag if they break rules now or something. I got a dozen and it really sucks rebuilding them from scratch between updates. TIA

:same:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

If the game is deleting your custom empires every patch something is very wrong on your end.

Not deleting, but all the traits get messed up and other minor changes that make it incompatible with the new update. It’s happened for every major patch.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

How long do you need to bombard a planet to turn it into a tomb world? I didn’t have a very large fleet (3 destroyers and 20 corvettes) but I bombed a world for 7 years and most of the planet was rubble, but I had to stop because war exhaustion was at 90.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Seeing everyone post species, made me want to post the one I've been enjoying the most since 2.0 hit.

Here are the Khemplar, Saviors of Freedom! They arose on a gaia world many millennia ago and have since come to realize that the bedrock of their species foundation, their planet, is...too perfect to have been the mere coincidence of evolution. Being a naturally spiritualistic people, they have managed to assemble all of their people together under a holy banner that cares for all Khemplar, and gives every one of their species an equal voice in their government! They know not what lies in the great voids of space, but they know their destiny is to reach every last tendril of these star systems and make sure that any who reside outside their borders recognize that true freedom exists for them!

In death!

Purifiers are also super fun this patch thanks to clear defensive positions and the way wargoals have changed. Every war being a total war is fantastic and creates tension, like when that 2 man block declared war on me while my main fleet was on the other side of the galaxy. Its also fun when the galaxy generation decides to help my ~ immersion ~ and make every other species a bunch of slavers. Somehow, being a purifier feels good when you're killing slavers all day. War Exhaustion is still weird though, killing a fleet? Thats 80% war exhaustion, turning 3 planets into tomb worlds? eh 15 war exhaustion works. Either way, if you're a bit on the fence about the war system right now, i heartily recommend purifiers until 2.1 works the balance out.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Pirates are still loving stupid. It reminds me of rebels in eu4 back when it was a %to rise up rather than a progress bar you could do something with.

Like taking a system and then within a month the very next system is now filled with pirates? Especially when my construction ship is literally on the way to build an outpost there to begin with? They aren’t fun to whack a mole, and can strike frequently if the rng rolls bad.

I’d be satisfied with a slider on startup for frequency of pirates until they’re turned into something interesting, because right now they’re loving stupid and frustrating.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So uh, is the militarist war exhaustion gain bugged? I’m in the beta, going against a fanatic xenophobe-pacifist while being a fanatic egalitarian militarist. I’m gaining much higher attrition exhaustion than they are. I’m currently at 18 attrition while they are at 12. Im pretty sure it should be the other way around.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Zane posted:

you're probably losing a few more ships as a proportion of your total. if you manage to occupy a few planets your exhaustion will turn around. and with status quo peace you'll be able to keep them regardless of who gets to 100% first.

I was gaining higher attrition before a battle had even been fought! I currently have 38 attrition to their 25 despite having only 9 WE from space battles to their 17.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

really queer Christmas posted:

I was gaining higher attrition before a battle had even been fought! I currently have 38 attrition to their 25 despite having only 9 WE from space battles to their 17.

Took two planets, didn’t get any exhaustion for it. I mean, I’m gonna win, so I’m not complaining. But there’s no way it’s not a bug.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I have a refugee who’s shown up in my empire who’s still got the “was enslaved” modifier. While I get you’re still upset about that- you’re free now dude! Welcome to gay space communism :unsmith:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I don’t have synthetic dawn, and the contingency popped up in my game. Do I need to worry about the ghost signal and not use sapient computers or can I keep those sweet bonuses?

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

unicr0n posted:

So this is my Contingency 'Counter' Corvette, year is 2439.

I think my tech is up to date?

I countered the contingency with all hull based weaponry: disrupters, arc weapons, cloud lightning, etc.,

Works really well because they have a shitload of shields and armor and half that in Hull.

Also, playing as fanatic purifiers and I’d really like slave modifiers and slave buildings to be allowed for pops im force laboring. I want those extra minerals and less strong holds damnit :argh:

As well, a life-seeded fanatic purifiers is real fun. Your early game is super strong and your mid game is super weak, so you need to kill your neighbors quickly so you can handle your bad tech/tradition hangover.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Sector AI, please understand that my empire has a massive food surplus. Please stop demolishing the power plants to build more farms and then request more energy

:negative:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

On the beta and my save keeps crashing on the same date no matter what I do. Good thing I wasn’t 500 years in and had only 4 planets left to cleanse before getting the fanatic purifiers and win the game achievements :sigh:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I greatly used habitats in my recent life seeded run to basically create some ways to get more population in the mid-game before I could terraform into gaia planets. This wouldn't have changed much for that playthrough (since I was fanatic purifier and was already trying to keep somewhat small), but for any other type of species build, I wouldn't see a reason to use them.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It’s a new story pack, theres no overlap between game design/ai design and story writing.

I don’t know why this argument happens every time a new dlc comes out. Unlike the other paradox teams that have overloaded their game with features, the stellaris team just trimmed some fat off and breathed new life into the game. A story pack seems like a good “breather” while core problems are fixed and refined.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

And even then, when I think of mana bar type mechanics- they’re superficial and add very little in terms of content. Whereas unity is pretty ingrained as a game mechanic and can radically change how you govern your empire. Try and compare that to innovativeness.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Magil Zeal posted:

So I'd wonder what would be in mind to replace them. Hopefully its sliders.

Fixed for you.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

At least with the ftl change, the people upset had a point. The game had sold itself with multiple ftl choices for you to pick from and that was now gone. It was a good thing in the long term, but there’s at least an argument to be made there.

Removing tiles and changing it to something else isn’t getting rid of a feature, it’s a gameplay system being changed to a different gameplay system. They aren’t just removing the ability to manage economys and pops. I don’t understand why paradox fans always seem to pick the dumbest battles to fight over.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

So...has anyone seen beyond the l-gate? I played a round and hyper focused on getting behind it and

There’s just some special resources and a couple other new systems. The nanite planets look cool, but there’s gotta be more right? If not, disappointment is a massive understatement as to what I feel.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Captain Oblivious posted:

THere's more than one possible outcome to an L-Cluster. Not sure if yours has run its course, but there's definitely more possibilities.

well i really hope there is more. there's been some cool events so far, but i was really looking forward to l-gates.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’m noticing the AI loves point defense this patch, building nothing but corvs and destroyers with heavy point defense armaments. And according to the after battle results, this has worked out to them shooting down about 5-8% of my total missile output :v:

As much as I keep enjoying the absurdity of missile boats just being the most OP poo poo, i do hope there’s a meta change so I can build some heavies again.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

binge crotching posted:

60/40, but yeah. Almost half the games it's just an empty pile of resources. The rest of the time it is already inhabited.

Even though the resources are good, it’s still disappointing as gently caress

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

IAmTheRad posted:

2.1 has made exploration, well, fun.

Not being forced to avoid anomolies because of the high level of them, and having the risk of failure completely removed has made me see some events I always failed.

Of course, I just need to see the success case of the stupid ceramic pot.

I got 240 months of 20% research speed.

Playing materialists though, not sure if that affected it.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

For some reason ever since the update the game tends to hang for about ten seconds every so often. What's causing this? It never did it before. Are other folks having a similar issue? It doesn't seem to happen from any particular event, it's like when an integration finishes late game or something, but every couple minutes.

Yup, but it’s SUPER noticeable in multiplayer. Got a mp game going that hangs every minute or so for a couple of seconds. This is on top of sync issues every 20-30 years.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I'm playing with guli's planet modifiers, so I don't know if this event is from that, but either way...

:allears:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Bloodly posted:

No, that's a standard Tomb World event, from all the way back from 1.0 Stellaris. It's random what you get if you open it. Could be nothing but dead folks, could be survivors, could be mutants who attack and can overrun the planet. Lord knows how THAT will interact with the new system control rules.

Wow, I’ve gone 450 hours and never seen that before. I really did think it was new!

I got everyone’s dead, so no answers for the mutant question.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Distant stars trait spoiler

Are brain slug traits bugged? I’ve got a ruler and scientist with brain slugs and neither are giving the bonuses. Specifically, research speed for the scientist and tile research output and naval capacity for the ruler

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I really REALLY hate how ground combat works. Combat width will say like 10 but I only see two or three armies actually dealing and taking damage. And the enemy armies seem to always gang up on exactly one of mine, meaning they take all the damage, don’t disengage in time, and die. Not a big deal except that ground combat seems to have a disproportionate effect on war exhaustion since they seem to lose none from losing a whole planet, but I take 5 for losing 2 armies.

It just feels like it’s better to bombard until the armies are gone but that’s really slow and boring...especially since the AI decided to build like 5 fortresses and a war factory on one planet. It’s definitely built to benefit the defensive player, but the chokepoint system already does that and makes going on the offense (which is like 75% of the fun in the game right now) unfun and a slog.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Chalks posted:

I'm just finishing off the contingency in my current game and I've noticed weird behaviour from newly spawned contingency fleets - they appears at around 25k strength until they enter combat, then they jump up to 75k. This seems to be really loving over the AI who send 30k fleets to their death over and over.

Is this a new bug or am I missing some mechanic?

noticed the same thing. i would have been in real deep poo poo if i hadnt massed all my fleets to be safe. the fleet orbiting the hub suddenly jumped from 75k to 250k, which is uh quite a difference.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

ConfusedUs posted:

GREETINGS, FELLOW BIOLOGICAL CREATURE.

I wish contact with other empires was more robust. I'd love if your first contact greeting had some kind of effect, and if you could just chat with them sometimes.

I’d hope that gets rolled into the diplomacy update, along with changes to first contact in general. It’d be neat to have first contact wars or at the least incredibly strained relations from a poor first contact. That way even species that would normally get along, hate each other for a bit because some diplomat inadvertently called their diplomat fat and now they want to be able to devour him alive - as is their custom.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’d say it is. There’s been some stumbles, but overall I’d say stellaris’ future is incredibly bright. I have little doubt that next years version of stellaris is going to be even better than the current version, which isn’t something I can say of the other paradox games right now.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

It would be cool if the L-gate systems all had their own unique anomalies instead of the regular ones.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Maybe just a coincidence, but it feels like the games slowdown becomes a thing for me whenever I open the L-gate or around mid-game (when I assume an AI has opened it).

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Think of the shroud as literally calling the rng gods. If they favor you, the bounty will be sweet. If they do not, you get poo poo or worse, a curse.

I would like it better if the odds were a bit better thoug

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

hobbesmaster posted:

Or at least you’re eventually guaranteed getting a pact or other non generic event if you pull 3 or 4 generics in a row.

That’d be good. It’s incredibly frustrating to wait like 100 years before you finally get the event for psi jump drives/shields... and then fail it. then it not show up again.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’ve had that issue with unity, where I was generating so much of it, I hit some cap and just went back to 0. Still ended up getting enough within a few years that it didn’t even affect my unity edicts :v:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Captain Invictus posted:

Catching up on the thread:

I do wish you could, at least later on, improve observation posts to be able to intercept nuclear warheads and prevent the far too common outcome of nuclear annihilation for atomic age primitives. Like if you can learn to encase entire planets in shields, surely you can create an emergency interception program for your OP at a significant cost/after a certain tech is researched. Hell, make it an event chain, like have it cause passive observation to rocket straight into forcing them spaceward and having to quarantine them so they can get over the shock of near destruction and also learning of extraterrestrial life that has been watching them, all at the same time. Have different outcomes based on primitive ethos, maybe, like xenophobes getting mad about outside involvement in their problems or something. Spiritualists revering you as godly saviours.

Seconding this as a really cool thing.

It also may be a bit convoluted, but it’d be cool to have like some kind of benevolent overlord kind of relationship with primitives. Where you aren’t actively studying on them (kid napping them to stuff them with implants) or trying to infilitrate/uplift them. But just more of a “angelic role” - where your species tries to stay in the background and help them advance through the epochs a bit faster and otherwise take care of them.

This could give the same benefits as aggressive studying, but without the assholeish implications for the nicer species of the galaxy.

really queer Christmas fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

That bug is fixed in the beta. If you can’t switch over, it’s faster and cheaper to just destroy and rebuild the platforms.