Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

2.7 is here. Time to see how the patch works in practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I... Yow. Gonna make cleaning out achievements a ton easier while it lasts, but not a good sign.
It's not even having to click on energy in the market or anything, the market starts on energy and, uh. well.
Since Lithoids already don't need food, Hiveminds don't need consumer goods, knocking off energy from the get-go snaps any (lingering) bit of balance like a twig.

Now, can the A.I. take advantage or can players safely ignore this, that's the follow up question.

Edit: is that... Yes, yes it is. From just looking at the market it seems a rogue extra negative might be at fault for part of this?
When you sell, you're sellingpositive amounts of energy for a negative price; when you buy you're buying negative amounts of energy at a positive price.
Oof.

Or, to put it another way, "buying" lowers the market price of energy letting you "sell" it to crank up the price for when you buy it.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 12, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

s'also a hidden J e f f in the diary.
Feels like a nod to something, dunno what.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Dev Diary 187 with a bit more info on the necroids.
Also Jeff(?) makes a partial appearance.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

could go for the comedy option; negative growth rate causing the pops to be purged/displace/emigrate over time so the necroids are dying out (re-animating?) while the living pops don't grow fast enough to replace them :shepface:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

imo could have unemployed non-slaves on resort worlds default to hedonist jobs instead of unemployed.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Stellaris 3.0: Where No Dick Has Gone Before

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

The Stellaris Thread 3.0: Dick Joke

E:
-The Stellaris Thread 3.0: Harder than a Lithoid
-Stellaris 3.0: Devouring swarm encounters D-empire, see what happens next! [Clickbait]

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Apr 9, 2021

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Don't have the nemesis pack, but gave the Terravore/Calamitous birth combo a go anyways.
Happy other folks gave it a go before me, prolly wouldn't have thought of it for a while yet.

Settled into a nice loop of:
-Drop meteors on size 19 or lower worlds for 2 pops
-Get 2 more pops from buried lithoids, scrub the planet of tileblockers
-If I don't have the tech for a tileblocker, devour the world until it has 1/2 districts left, then ignore it until I can clear the blockers.
-If I do have the tech to clear all the tileblockers in one go, devour the world entirely.
-Enjoy the lack of housing/unemployment from these snackworlds turning into migration for the worlds I actually want.
-Watch the snackworlds finally shatter, or leave it near the brink for ongoing migration if I feel like it. 2 Synapse drones per snackworld does add up.
-Roll in my piles of alloys/minerals like a rocky scrooge mc'duck

S'great. :allears:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

ilkhan posted:

Can you colonize, migrate away/abandon, and then re-colonize? Colonizing creates pops, right?

Somewhat, but the added influence costs heavily nerfed its previous popspam potential.
Colonization still creates pops out of thin air, but it costs 10 influence to resettle, and an extra 200 if it would abandon the colony.
Subsumed will for hiveminds can remove the 10 influence cost of resettling, but I don't know about abandoning.
Or what non-hiveminds do or don't have as an equivalent option.

So I'll say yes, if you have a big stockpile of influence you want to get rid of.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

...does the game mention somewhere readily visible that infiltration level doubles as your minimum intel on an empires, or was I supposed to bumble into a tooltip telling me on my own
glad to know I've been manually hitting gather information when not doing that would also get most of the way there anyways :shepface:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Yami Fenrir posted:

Hover over the intel number, it'll show you the tooltip. It directly breaks down the intel caps.

There's several factors that tie onto it but the most relevant is your current infiltration level, yes.

In fact, hover over EVERYTHING. Almost everything in the game has a pop-up tooltip.

That's where I found out, funnily enough. :v: Think I kept missing it since Base Intel was the only part I bothered checking.
"Terravores don't have diplomatic pacts or trust, anything below those probably isn't important either" or something to that effect.

In other news, been getting a kick out of spamming habitats with cloning vats+spawning pools.
set up a bunch for the 3+Multipliers pop growth, with 3.75 (blame lithoids) pop assembly.
Am curious though, does Habitats pop growth work differently from regular planets? Got one with 3 pops and one with 11, and neither have a [From Pops] popgrowth bonus/penalty.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Fresh from the forums, it's a new dev diary.

I like the sound of old DLC getting some more love. Curious how traditions getting a rework will pan out as well, but mostly happy about old DLC getting tuned up.

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jun 3, 2021

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

tempted to go for a Aquatic-Lithoid-Necroid run with Anglers/Catalytic Processing
have doubts it'll be a good empire, but sure to be, uh. a unique experience. :shepface:
Prediction: Early game will be rough, but will pick up momentum if the neighbors don't get to me first

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

quote:

Construction ships now have an Automated Construction mode, which will automatically build Research and Mining Stations over appropriate deposits. (It will not automatically build Observation Stations, Hyper Relays, or other constructions.)
:eyepop:

don't know at what point in a given game I'll need it, but I'm glad to have the option

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Liking the admiral destiny trait that gives +100 Armor/Shields. To everything. With some free hardening too, why not.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

rude bug: When species became latent psychic/psychic, the empress didn't turn psychic with them; although their heirs (and everyone else) did.
When the empress was a candidate for becoming chosen one, they succeeded... But didn't get the perk or lose any negative traits.
Guessing this has something to do with Luminary/Under One Rule?

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

hm
in future, if an event option says its dangerous for your scientist/whoever, its worth listening
went through the trouble of doing Keides quest, and then they just died became a crystalized research deposit
no special event related to the paragons death, just poof and that was that same as anyone else.

kinda adding to my suspicion that game isn't sure yet where leaders should be in terms of value/expendability that they can get very powerful, their funerals are barely a footnote, and that there are still events that just kill a leader outright
I mean, had an admiral live for 270+ years and all they got was a statue :goleft:

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

would chortle if it was a payback the unbidden/invade the shroud thing
"Whose unbidden now? :smuggo:"

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

finally, my explorers have something to do other than get fired/be worse analysts.
Only wishful hoping at the moment, but maybe we really will get to invade the unbidden?
and maybe find out more about those giant constructs in the far horizon, if that's what the pics are hinting at
e: or the odd scientist will just get event-horizoned, idk

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 19, 2023

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

'Nother Dev Diary out.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019