Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

mysterious frankie posted:

So I see a bundle is on sale on Steam: Stellaris+Utopia+Plantoids+Leviathan for $31

I like the idea of a 4X space game, enjoy the concept of a Star Trekesque game, and like Civ well enough. Could never make myself care about Crusader Kings, even though it seemed cool. Is this worth 30 buckaroos, or should I just spend that money on a lot of Taco Bell?

Well hell, depending on how important Star Trekkiness is to you, probably the most well put-together total conversion mod for the game is Star Trek.

I think it's totally worth 30 buckaroos, and another 20 for the new Apocalypse expansion too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Conot posted:

:yeah: Star Ruler 2 had a lot of interesting ideas and the death of the studio is a sore point with me.

Me too, dogg - me too.

Star Ruler 2's political, diplomatic, and shipbuilding systems are top loving rate and I am livid they didn't get the recognition it deserved. I'm glad the open sourcing is bringing people to the game.

The one thing I want to do is mod the race art into something a little less goofy.

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Aug 6, 2018

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Star Ruler 2 is one of the most boring games I've played and it sold 30,000 copies worldwide despite heavy promotion and being available on steam, and yet somehow the forum consensus is because the devs posted here a few times it was a totally overlooked gem, just a brilliant example of game design

Or, I like it. gently caress you.

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Agean90 posted:

Shoulda recommended Forever War instead

All Heinlein is bigoted jingoist trash so yes Forever War is unquestionably the better suggestion

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Staltran posted:

have the new thread title be about roboabortions unless wiz releases early

Robortions

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Psychotic Weasel posted:

The worst thing about this - apart from the last 5 pages revolving around abortions and horse sex -

Abhorsions

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 6, 2018

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Baronjutter posted:

My first neighbour was an egalitarian xenophobic "Federation Builder" who instantly rivaled me and most everyone around because they hate them xenos.

Theoretically I like cooperation, but I just hate everyone else so much

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't know why I keep wanting to ask "is 2.2.6 good?" when I have like 20 gameplay-hours total and probably wouldn't even recognize something being hosed up in the first place.

Is 2.2.6 good though?

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

It's my own dumb brain, I will get jazzed for a major version of some game and think "oh this is great!" then reading a goddamn thread where everyone has a thousand hours of experience and opinion poisons my thoughts and suddenly I resent it for reasons I've literally never seen personally.

It's a terrible cycle.

Poil posted:

Yes. I'd give it nine out of ten starbases.

That is almost the maximum number of starbases! A good sign

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

poo poo that is good

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Every time I think about playing this game I have like 20 hours of real game time in, I read this thread and get talked out of it. I can't get over the complaints of people who have played it to death really draining the enthusiasm out of me. Never even seen a crisis.

EDIT: Aaactually I do this with a lot of games I'm enthusiastic for - I'm enthusiastic, so I read a lot of discussion! I become dejected with everyone else's problems and barely play it myself! I don't mean to blame the thread

Squiggle fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 22, 2021

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

That's a good fuckin beta patch, nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

Travic posted:

So I started my beginner game focusing on pop growth, happiness, and research. Then I picked the easiest difficulty because I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

Now I have so many pops and so many resources I have no idea what to do with them all. My planets are growing faster than I can manage them. :v:

You should check: maybe there's some way to turn these pops into food?