Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Has anybody else had issues with auto-fleeing since this patch? I've had constructors and science ships flee into an enemy fleet instead of just bailing to the nearest hyperlane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I hope one day the choice in response is more than just flavour text.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Culture are probably more advanced than even the fallen empires in the game. At best you can kinda roleplay as a 'proto-Culture' civ that is egalitarian and materialistic.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
So I was testing out a Barbaric Despoiler or whatever they're called and it turns out you can abduct hive mind pops who then live on your planets as happy as larry.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The tooltip or whatever for wars against purifier/swarm/deathbot types needs to be a bit clearer that you take everything you conquer even if you white peace out (and it says no border changes).

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Seeing Alpha Centauri with three suns reminds me of the Three-Body Problem trilogy and now I want a Colossus that weaponizes the laws of physics.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wish Fallen Empires were more interesting before they awaken. I'd like to see border events similar to the ones you get with marauders.

Speaking of marauders, has anybody ever had the 'Revenge' event fire successfully? I get the popup but no fleet ever appears.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Yeah I feel like I’d enjoy this game way more if it was like half the complexity but with twice the roleplaying and flavour it currently has

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’ve looked at Endless Space and it looks interesting but I really just want Stellaris to reach its potential. I don’t know exactly what it needs to do though. Despite all the expansions and updates the game still seems shallow to me. I still feel like there’s not much difference between playing an authoritarian slaver empire or a freedom loving hippy space commune(for example). It all still just boils down to building more ships than your neighbours and conquering them and becoming a giant space blob empire, which kinda bores me as a goal.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I played about a million hours of Birth of the Federation despite it being broken in multiple ways

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I like Quill

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I wish factions were more fleshed out as a concept depending on your starting ethics or government type.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I love the trade system in EUIV but it’s an afterthought in Stellaris that just amounts to pointless busywork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Warfare sucks and AI empires still just exist to be conquered by the player despite the attempts at improving peacetime diplomacy.