Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

##vote IS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Ecco why’d you leave your phone charger on the sub?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish people would be more willing to lynch lurkers on D1 because sometimes it gets so frustrating.

I've posted more in the past 2 hours or so than Mr. F has posted over the course of 4 days.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I will be around and will absolutely hammer IS, I just want to have a chance to post a bit since I am finally free

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

##unvote

##vote IS

KB, I'm curious, do you think IS is the scummier of the two or are you just voting this way because IS was the leader?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Okay, I'm back and should be around for the next hour or so- might not be here all the way to deadline.

For anyone who's on the fence between DB and I (since we seem to be the two candidates for today); I have a role that should be able to provide information tomorrow. I don't want to fullclaim right now but I don't mind doing so at the start of the day tomorrow if I'm here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You’re at -1 and most people are either going to sleep or will be soon (me included.) I don’t know what you’re waiting for.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I still like my BK catch. Seems like something someone would do that doesn't need to pay attention to the thread but is trying to pretend they are.

I'm fine voting either of IS/DB though. I'll be around to swap.

I gather you are still in your say as little as possible thing but I'm curious why you would think scum would be more likely to feel like they didn't pay attention to thread than town would. I think it's pretty much the opposite, when I am town I am way more likely to make mistakes because I am not as self-conscious.

It's definitely weird to forget you responded to something I agree but I don't follow your logic

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

KB, I'm curious, do you think IS is the scummier of the two or are you just voting this way because IS was the leader?

No. Just because he's the leader and the thread is dead. I think my order would be BK->DB->IS.

I was also fine with purging Mr.F #1 lurker if that had gotten traction.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Max posted:

You’re at -1 and most people are either going to sleep or will be soon (me included.) I don’t know what you’re waiting for.

I didn't want to fullclaim and get blocked by scum and be right back in the same position tomorrow. I wanted to have a chance at getting relevant results.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

No. Just because he's the leader and the thread is dead. I think my order would be BK->DB->IS.

I was also fine with purging Mr.F #1 lurker if that had gotten traction.

I think I would rather lynch DB at this point too. If you move and I move then we could tie it back up at 6.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, I'll just go ahead and ##unvote and ##vote DB now

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hal Incandenza posted:

I gather you are still in your say as little as possible thing but I'm curious why you would think scum would be more likely to feel like they didn't pay attention to thread than town would. I think it's pretty much the opposite, when I am town I am way more likely to make mistakes because I am not as self-conscious.

It's definitely weird to forget you responded to something I agree but I don't follow your logic

Yeah, don't plan on saying much more today. But, this isn't true from my experience. Ongoing games and all that, but I just watched this happen in our recent game to someone who is normally really good. I'll give you that it is somewhat player dependent though, and I don't know where BK falls on that spectrum.

TMMadman posted:

I think I would rather lynch DB at this point too. If you move and I move then we could tie it back up at 6.

Not sure where the other votes would come from at this point, but I'll be around.

##unvote

##vote DB

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I am awake for 7 more minutes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hal, I think you are around, would you vote for DB?

Max are you interested in moving to DB?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Why?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why do you suddenly want to move when you’ve shown little interest for most of the game day? I almost expected you to just shrug your vote in.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
look at this... I told you fools not to let this happen

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I personally think DB is a bit scummier and between a VT claim and a half claim, I'd rather save the half claim.

Sure, it's a risk that the half claim is a lie, but if it's true it puts a target out there for scum to deal with.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
maybe a bit harsh the the fool bit, but you better lunch one of us.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
what if dickyb didn’t want to go on the sub because he’s scum and needs to be here to do the kill?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, don't plan on saying much more today. But, this isn't true from my experience. Ongoing games and all that, but I just watched this happen in our recent game to someone who is normally really good. I'll give you that it is somewhat player dependent though, and I don't know where BK falls on that spectrum.

I guess more than anything I find it alignment-neutral but you alright I understand what you are saying. Wish you could talk more though!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Why do you suddenly want to move when you’ve shown little interest for most of the game day? I almost expected you to just shrug your vote in.

gently caress. Do you want me to be engaged or do you not want me to be engaged?

I wasn't planning on getting engaged here, but it happened so I'm gonna go with it.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

what if dickyb didn’t want to go on the sub because he’s scum and needs to be here to do the kill?

good point Sal!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

gently caress. Do you want me to be engaged or do you not want me to be engaged?

I wasn't planning on getting engaged here, but it happened so I'm gonna go with it.

💍

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

what if [anyone else who explicitly opted out of sub duty] didn’t want to go on the sub because he’s scum and needs to be here to do the kill?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I would like you engaged I just wanted a more definitive reason since trying to swing away from the -1 player so close to deadline and late at night is dangerous.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Soooo... why DB over IS? Is it just the claim because that's not much

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

I would like you engaged I just wanted a more definitive reason since trying to swing away from the -1 player so close to deadline and late at night is dangerous.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Hal Incandenza posted:

Soooo... why DB over IS? Is it just the claim because that's not much

Ultimately, I just feel DB is scummier. Maybe I'm wrong and IS ends up being scum and I look like an idiot later, but I'm going to vote for the person I think is scummier or who I think isn't contributing to the game.

Both DB and IS are contributing fairly equally imo, but I think DB is slightly scummier and when combined with the half claim I'd rather vote DB first.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

I really wish people would be more willing to lynch lurkers on D1 because sometimes it gets so frustrating.

I've posted more in the past 2 hours or so than Mr. F has posted over the course of 4 days.

I am willing, seeing as he wasn't really active in my game either (so maybe he's just busy?) or Mag just likes to lurk, but I feel the votespread is kinda interesting for the fact that they keep going back and forth between DB and IS. Just avoiding all of the potential information that could come out of the lynch to lynch a lurker wouldn't be the greatest move right now.

I don't think it necessarily means one is scum, one is town because of how close the votes are though. Maybe if there wasn't 7 people in the sub, I'd have more confidence in scum moving their weight around behind the scenes with votes and opinion changes. Not ruling it out though either.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Also what the gently caress is a 2 AM on Sunday deadline, Ecco?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hal, you aren’t voting. Pick someone.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Max posted:

Hal, you aren’t voting. Pick someone.

I thought I already made it clear I want IS I just didn't want to end the day

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Missed it because I'm tired now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I think part of the think that bothers me with DB is that he made his VT claim at when there were only like 4 votes on each person.

So it feels like a claim that he knows won't save him if he was at -1, but it's a claim that does look better a bit earlier.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, I'm back and should be around for the next hour or so- might not be here all the way to deadline.

For anyone who's on the fence between DB and I (since we seem to be the two candidates for today); I have a role that should be able to provide information tomorrow. I don't want to fullclaim right now but I don't mind doing so at the start of the day tomorrow if I'm here.

Revealing what you have already makes you a target if you're not lynched, and can save you from being lynched. Not doing so and getting lynched is even worse. If there isn't a blocking scum role then you can at least get a day of information from it if it's an investigative role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, for all the people who are thinking it's awfully hard to get IS lynched, I am feeling much the same way about getting DB lynched here.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I think part of the think that bothers me with DB is that he made his VT claim at when there were only like 4 votes on each person.

So it feels like a claim that he knows won't save him if he was at -1, but it's a claim that does look better a bit earlier.

I do not like this argument.

TMMadman posted:

Also, for all the people who are thinking it's awfully hard to get IS lynched, I am feeling much the same way about getting DB lynched here.

TBH, you had plenty of time to break the tie earlier and see which way the wind blows, but were clear that you had little difference between DB and IS in your mind and waited until very late at night before deadline to make it known. There's a difference between the two situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

TMMadman posted:

I'm aware of two things in this fine game we share. 1. Things can and do move quickly (same could be said the opposite) but couple that with 2. my self-awareness about how I could be perceived as scummy this game, and that's why I decided to claim at that time.

• Locked thread