Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
how was I forced to ride it out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
:redhammer:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Why are we ending this day so early with people active.

Whatever.

Sal's vote is :redhammer:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
gdi

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Why are we ending this day so early with people active.

Whatever.

Sal's vote is :redhammer:

gently caress sorry, I didn't check votefinder

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: Final Day 2 Votecount :c:

Mr. F! (6): TMMadman, Hal Incandenza, Birdstrike, LupusAter, sentimental snail, -sentimental snail, Dick Bastardly, SalTheBard
TMMadman (1): Birdstrike, sentimental snail, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard, LupusAter, BottleKnight, -Birdstrike, -LupusAter, -sentimental snail

Not Voting (4): Atomic Soda, Deadbeat Dad, Mr. F!, sentimental snail

:h: With 11 players alive, it took 6 votes to be executed.

==================

On the second day they threw Magnus out an air lock. He barely resisted. The town watched him slowly drown; nothing else happened, he just became a floating, bug-eyed corpse. Checking his room revealed he was a member of the City Guard, and though everyone is familiar with the phrase "AGAB," nothing in Magnus's room suggested he liked killing people. At worst he was just kind of a stoner (someone who collects polished sea rocks) who loved (sea)weed.

:s: Mr. F, Kelis, Guard (town-aligned roleblocker), was executed day 2. :s:

Night actions!

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 13 cycles. Immediate attention... is... r............"

The lights in the city slowly fade, and then turn off. All the doors are non-functional, the water faucets are stuck, and the air starts to feel stale.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
".......equired. Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 13 cycles. Immediate attention is required."

The lights turn on; doors open and close again; the air filtration system works in overdrive to make up for the ten minutes they were deactivated.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 12 cycles. Immediate atten--"

*ding*

"Reactor stable."

And for the first time in two days, there is silence.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
In the middle of Night Mode, the diplomats hear the away sub docking with the nearby submarine bay. It's too late to say hello to them right now.

The following players have returned to the game:
- Chaoslord;
- Murmur Twin;
- Monathin; and
- flerp

They may once again receive night actions, and come morning will become normal players in the game.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Though they had just come back from their trip, half of them would never get the chance to say hello.

Chaoslord was found stabbed to death, run through with a spear or trident during the night. He was just a little boy.

Murmur Twin was ripped to shreds, as if by a wild beast, the same as Max from the previous night.

They saved the day, and now have given their lives for the city. Truly there can be no more noble way to die.

:s: chaoslord, Anui'anu, Urchin (town-aligned hider), was stabbed night 2. :s:

:s: Murmur Twin, Kirikaw, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was ripped to shreds night 2.
:s:

It is now Day 3

:h: With 12 alive it takes 7 to execute.
:d: Day 3 deadline: Thursday, March 15th, ~11PM EDT / ~8PM PDT / Friday, ~2PM AEDT.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 3 Votecount :c:

Not Voting (12): Atomic Soda, Birdstrike, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, flerp, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, Monathin, SalTheBard, sentimental snail, TMMadman

:h: With 12 players alive, it takes 7 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 15th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 7 hours from this post.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

EccoRaven posted:

:s: Murmur Twin, Kirikaw, Diplomat (town-aligned vanilla), was ripped to shreds night 2.[/b] :s:

:nutshot:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
We've got a problem.

I did not submit an action last night but I got a PM that says some kind of black oil like blob oozed under my door and that's the last thing I remember before waking up this morning sore and bloody.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EccoRaven posted:

Chaoslord was found stabbed to death, run through with a spear or trident during the night. He was just a little boy.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well, I can't say I didnt expect that when we returned middle of night. Hello, thread.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
And I'm not expecting that to save me, I'm just warning everyone that something weird is happening.

I'll even get the party started ##vote TMM

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

We've got a problem.

I did not submit an action last night but I got a PM that says some kind of black oil like blob oozed under my door and that's the last thing I remember before waking up this morning sore and bloody.

okay I believe you

should be guillotined :thermidor:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh rip sub team

anyways hello im back from the hell cruise

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote sal this was mmt's last dying wish

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

And I'm not expecting that to save me, I'm just warning everyone that something weird is happening.

I'll even get the party started ##vote TMM

I'm probably gonna have to vote you TMM because if nothing else if there is some sort of possession make-persons-not-act-on-their-own mechanic you're way too dangerous a role to leave alive.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flerp posted:

This is correct and I'm going to be incredibly suspicious of Sal regardless of TMM's own wishes.

Also yeah rip Sub Team.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

So MMT was reading this thread while on the sub?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

TMMadman posted:

So MMT was reading this thread while on the sub?

no when we came back in the night we were able to reread the thread but also able to talk to each other

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

no when we came back in the night we were able to reread the thread but also able to talk to each other

Ahhh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
anyways quick trip report, gridlocked and moat both died and flipped vt, bless their souls

also bminus died but he was a scum goon so nuts to him

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

I'm probably gonna have to vote you TMM because if nothing else if there is some sort of possession make-persons-not-act-on-their-own mechanic you're way too dangerous a role to leave alive.

I get it. Why do you think I voted for myself already.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah we were allowed to read the thread after we finished the minigame, which is what the threads 'Reactor Core Stable' post was. We didn't get to do that minigame until we had completed our own game of Mafia within the Submarine. We lost Moat and Gridlocked, but got B-, who was scum.

Given there was a scum aboard and we weren't allowed to progress the minigame until we took care of scum, MMT, CL, Flerp and Myself were all confirmed Town to each other as a result. Scum likely knew this given we returned sans B- which makes us easy targets.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

I get it. Why do you think I voted for myself already.

Yeah but I don't like doing it!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Personally, I gotta think whatever happened to me has to be limited like a one shot deal because otherwise it just seems too powerful.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

Personally, I gotta think whatever happened to me has to be limited like a one shot deal because otherwise it just seems too powerful.

quit whining

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also I would absolutely vote Sal today since that early hammer yesterday was kind of scummy and he's been a little scummy in general.

I've been writing it off to his general awkwardness but it might be time to find out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

How many scum do you think are left? I may buy that it's a one-shot power but MMT also expressed some worries in private that you're trying to buy time.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

quit whining

hi bird im rly worried so can u promise me ur not scum tia

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

flerp posted:

hi bird im rly worried so can u promise me ur not scum tia

I’m not scum and I want justice for dolphin boy chaoslord

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm gonna ##vote Sal until he comes into the thread because I feel like Sal would know better than to early hammer and a lot of his other play is kind of scummy.

I would also like people to examine Lupus, who on a brief skim of the thread during the night when I was allowed to Lupus looks like he's shifting his votes back and forth a lot to go with whoever's got the "vote momentum" in order to appear like he's with the thread but hasn't really put forward any arguments or cases of his own that I saw, just sort of agreeing with the thread's consensus and plopping down a vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beyond that I told myself I'd go back and reread KB's cases because KB is pretty good at snuffing out suspicions and his cases usually have a lot going for them even as D1 cases, so I'm gonna try and do that later, but I need food and finally got my hands on Monster Hunter so I'm gonna try not to spam the thread like I usually do.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

I'm gonna ##vote Sal until he comes into the thread because I feel like Sal would know better than to early hammer and a lot of his other play is kind of scummy.

I was phone posting and didn't check vote finder. It was legitimately an accident. It's also not like I hammered super early or anything.

What other play of mine is scummy?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

I was phone posting and didn't check vote finder. It was legitimately an accident. It's also not like I hammered super early or anything.

What other play of mine is scummy?

all of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote TMM

Whatever I said would happened kinda happened last night and I think he's buying time still.

If he's telling the truth and could be "controlled" or whatever the gently caress, he's not worth having around. He's been wrong on everything so far.

• Locked thread