Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

quote:

Birdstrike wrote on Mar 23, 2018 09:31:
##use emerald I’m hoping this is a cult thing but I’m going to bet the safe option and guess self-vig.

:madmax:

Thanks for running Ecco

Thanks for playing everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!
U did sub team proud, flerp, I'm proud of you.

Grabbing the Emerald and nearly dooming everyone nonwithstanding.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 minutes!
Anyway THANKS FOR RUNNING ECCO THIS WAS FUN

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yay i didnt horribly gently caress up lylo :toot:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

After D1, knew Hal was scum, copped him to sanity check it and was right. After I saw myself and Max dead N1, I also knew TMM was scum.

I'm glad you guys finally got there, but was a bit frustrating to watch. :)

Special thanks to dbd for realizing Hal was scum, wish you had pushed harder. Sadly when scum killed you, again no one thought about why scum would want you dead.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Ecco please for the love of gently caress before you leave WHY WAS THEIR A CULT COP BUT NO CULT?!?!?!?!

Also on a scale of 1 - 10 how believable was my story about the ruby (initially?)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

SalTheBard posted:

Ecco please for the love of gently caress before you leave WHY WAS THEIR A CULT COP BUT NO CULT?!?!?!?!

To screw with all of you, of course.

Fun game to watch from the sidelines.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Good game, town. Don't regret stirring up an exceptionally uneventful D1 even though it led to my own demise. :)

Reading along, thought DBD had an exceptional game- had most of the scum pegged in some form or fashion and wouldn't let us off the hook easily. Nice work.

Also thought Hal did a great job prolonging our chances in a pretty bad situation overall from D2 onward.

Would be interested to hear people's thoughts on the balance of this one now that all roles are revealed. I know we felt a little under-powered but I'm not sure how much of that was balance vs. losing power roles early. That said, had we sent TMM on the sub, I think it would have felt even worse.

Thanks for hosting, Ecco! Have a great trip! (Also, the flavor for the N1 TMM kill was fantastic and had me laughing for quite a while!)

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

BottleKnight posted:

Gj town

Fun game

sorry for getting you lunched bk!

good game thanks echo

haha

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

counterpoint:

quote:

EccoRaven wrote on Mar 24, 2018 05:56:
yes, the sub all came back cultists

quote:

Birdstrike wrote on Mar 23, 2018 11:46:
heh

Is there actually a cult?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Good job!! Knew Hal was a baddy

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ecco, I was probably too rough in my criticism in the scum chat, so I'm sorry for it. Thanks for the game.

I ultimately just wasn't happy to be scum again (I can't seem to go more than 2 games without being scum and it drives me nuts) and then the sub thing threw me for a loop and I felt like it just restricted what I wanted to do in this game.

I did have fun claiming CPR doctor and buying a day though, so that was at least something.

I'm sorry I had to kill you first Max, I'm sure you'll pay me back. I burned myself trying to force a D1 mislynch and knew you would push it, so you had to go. KB, you were entirely Sal's decision.

And then of course I had to go visit my friend MMT as soon as she got back. I was just trying to save her!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
From Scum Chat:

[8:42 PM] Hal Incandenza: @rebecco I sent my action
[8:42 PM] Hal Incandenza: it was to recruit sal into the cult
[8:42 PM] rebecco: I saw, I'm processing the night now
[8:42 PM] rebecco: I saw, it was successful, you're both scum now
[8:43 PM] Hal Incandenza: :toot:
[8:43 PM] rebecco: (I'm actually making dinner instead of processing the night)
[8:55 PM] Gage26: Wait what????
[8:56 PM] Hal Incandenza: welcome to the cult sal
[8:56 PM] Gage26: WHAT THE loving gently caress?!
[8:56 PM] Gage26: Woooo. Ok Hal you have to fill me in
[8:57 PM] Gage26: My tiny brain has just exploded
[8:58 PM] Hal Incandenza: have you ever seen fight club?
[8:58 PM] Gage26: Yes
[8:59 PM] Gage26: How long has this been going on?!
[8:59 PM] Gage26: WHAT THE gently caress?!?!?!?!
[8:59 PM] Gage26: :smile:
[9:01 PM] Gage26: I'm really interested to hear the backstory on this now
[9:02 PM] Gage26: Who else is in the cult?! Was I spared last night on purpose?
[9:04 PM] Hal Incandenza: Yes you were spared for a purpose
[9:05 PM] Hal Incandenza: are you ready to learn that purpose?
[9:05 PM] Gage26: Yes
[9:05 PM] Gage26: Goddamit I thought my lie saved me :frowning:
[9:06 PM] Hal Incandenza: im sorry I have to go now more later(edited)
[9:06 PM] Gage26: NOOOO
[9:06 PM] Gage26: You can't leave me hangling like that!
[9:44 PM] Gage26: Hal I'm so mad at you for leaving with that cliffhanger(edited)
March 20, 2018
[11:40 AM] Gage26: @Hal Incandenza /cough
[11:52 AM] Hal Incandenza: oh hey yeah I was just joking about that cult stuff, sorry
[12:36 PM] Gage26: I loving hate you
[12:36 PM] Gage26: I was really excited
[12:36 PM] Gage26: :-D

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Note to self: don’t go on the sub

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The sub was cool and good because it made the game easier from a town perspective (mini instead of big game) so it’s funny that it feels like the scum team we’re the only ones to take it seriously and try to discuss it.

Thanks, Ecco!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I really liked the game conceptually! The sub mini adventure was fun (although I imagine it probably sucked for b-, I'd hate to be the only scum in a real-time mafia game). Could scum have just won the game on d1 if they put four people on the sub?

Props to the scum team for killing me because I was probably going to go hard after Sal / TMM when I got back :j:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah the NK’s were good at shutting down arguments that were 100% coming. KB has a scum result on Hal and yes, I was absolutely going to push for TMM until my face was blue.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Murmur Twin posted:

I really liked the game conceptually! The sub mini adventure was fun (although I imagine it probably sucked for b-, I'd hate to be the only scum in a real-time mafia game). Could scum have just won the game on d1 if they put four people on the sub?

Props to the scum team for killing me because I was probably going to go hard after Sal / TMM when I got back :j:

:yeah::agreed::same:

Really liked sub game and I think most of us on the sub thought sal was scum on our way back in. (Omg, MMT I accidentally wrote “thought you were scum” at first - my dna is hard coded against you :negative:)

I can’t believe everyone just went with Sal’s explanation after he got tracked to my kill!!!!! His explanations were contradictory and didn’t make sense.

The emerald is one of my favorite ecco game things that appears from time to time because everyone always wants it but it is always a bad idea to grab it.

Thanks for the game Ecco!

Team Sub Par was the best :toot:

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Good game everybody!

I agree with DBD on Sal being loving hard to read. If he hadn't slipped up with the ruby lie I would have had an hard time voting for him. Also it was unlucky for the scum team that Flerp was the one getting the trident, since he was basically confirmed town having survived the sub. If I had been in his place I'd have been lunched instantly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Good job town, you deserved the win. I definitely did not play my best and DBD was totally right, I should have pushed IS and TMM harder but I didn't have it in me to bus hard this game and that made it too tough in the end. Obviously having TWO scum seen doing kills sure didn't help.

Hilarious that DB was like I GOT THIS EVIL THING but then he still used it and then birdstrike was like "guess I will use it too!"

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah the emerald is always fun to watch happen in ecco games. Best move is grab it and not use it, since, you know, it kills you.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh and of course thanks for the game as always Ecco, your world crafting is among the finest in the Mafia community and I hope you have a great vacation!

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Shout out to the sub team this was probably some of the most fun I've had and I honestly just sat there in suspense watching the fix the reactor mini game

I wish I could have made it back but that's what I get for being agreeable and going along with the gridlocked lynch instead of bminus WHOM I PEGGED FROM THE OUTSET.

In my death you took over as captain and proudly led us to victory CL

:patriot:

Also gj flerp for not loving up lylo

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I never stood a chance in the sub. I’m really not sure how you were so certain I was scum. You went after me as soon as I joined the sub discord.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ecco, did the button pressing order actually matter?

Could they have blown up the reactor?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

b-minus1 posted:

I never stood a chance in the sub. I’m really not sure how you were so certain I was scum. You went after me as soon as I joined the sub discord.

:clint:

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the sub was a blast even tho every1 else get murdered once they got off

thanks for modding ecco

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Hal Incandenza posted:

Hilarious that DB was like I GOT THIS EVIL THING but then he still used it and then birdstrike was like "guess I will use it too!"

chaoslord posted:

The emerald is one of my favorite ecco game things that appears from time to time because everyone always wants it but it is always a bad idea to grab it.

yes but how else will people know how serious we are?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I laughed heartily when I realized my folly.

Good game Ecco, thanks for running!

I think this was my one of if not the best I think I've done as town :toot:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dick Bastardly posted:

I laughed heartily when I realized my folly.

Good game Ecco, thanks for running!

I think this was my one of if not the best I think I've done as town :toot:

Proud of you son

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

Proud of you son

thanks mafia dad!

:glomp:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Birdstrike posted:

yes but how else will people know how serious we are?

Realtalk, on my drive home today I thought "I should go in there and say 'I'm glad birdstrike showed everyone how serious we are'"

:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
My early hammer was actually a total accident. I was very loving frustrated about it.

• Locked thread