Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Samurai Mafia is wrapping up so put me in, coach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

Btw Im lynchproof and bulletproof for the first 3 Days so dont even try to kill me

:thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I Understand That If I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

also ##vote Sal

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flerp posted:

i am scum

I dont believe it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flerp posted:

r u calling me a liar?

Correct

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I volunteer to be the noble sacrifice to keep an eye on flerp, who is clearly lying about their alignment

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

sentimental snail posted:

as long as we're reasoning whether or not we have reason to assume, or not, if scum want on the sub, I usually assume scum have more info about events than we do.

any decision they make is colored by info that we don't know if they have or not, so let's not go down that rabbit hole for all of day one thanks

sentimental snail posted:

as long as we're reasoning whether or not we have reason to assume, or not, if scum want on the sub, I usually assume scum have more info about events than we do.

any decision they make is colored by info that we don't know if they have or not, so let's not go down that rabbit hole for all of day one thanks

Yeah I don't think there's really any point speculating ourselves silly about how many scum want on the sub/why they want on the sub/what scum can do on the sub. I'm with others in that it seems reasonable to assume there's probably one scum among the people who want to be on the sub but other than that it's probably not worth our time to speculate heavily over it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I somehow doublequoted which shows you I'm not awake yet, sorry!

Also gonna ##unvote my joke vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

b-minus1 posted:

hey guys who wants to go on a submarine ride with me

seems legit, i trust you b-

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

chaoslord posted:

The cool and good sub team:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

(which I think is everyone who has signed up who has not later backed out)

Quote this post to agree

yeah seems fine

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well, I can't say I didnt expect that when we returned middle of night. Hello, thread.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

And I'm not expecting that to save me, I'm just warning everyone that something weird is happening.

I'll even get the party started ##vote TMM

I'm probably gonna have to vote you TMM because if nothing else if there is some sort of possession make-persons-not-act-on-their-own mechanic you're way too dangerous a role to leave alive.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

flerp posted:

##vote sal this was mmt's last dying wish

This is correct and I'm going to be incredibly suspicious of Sal regardless of TMM's own wishes.

Also yeah rip Sub Team.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah we were allowed to read the thread after we finished the minigame, which is what the threads 'Reactor Core Stable' post was. We didn't get to do that minigame until we had completed our own game of Mafia within the Submarine. We lost Moat and Gridlocked, but got B-, who was scum.

Given there was a scum aboard and we weren't allowed to progress the minigame until we took care of scum, MMT, CL, Flerp and Myself were all confirmed Town to each other as a result. Scum likely knew this given we returned sans B- which makes us easy targets.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

I get it. Why do you think I voted for myself already.

Yeah but I don't like doing it!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

Personally, I gotta think whatever happened to me has to be limited like a one shot deal because otherwise it just seems too powerful.

How many scum do you think are left? I may buy that it's a one-shot power but MMT also expressed some worries in private that you're trying to buy time.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm gonna ##vote Sal until he comes into the thread because I feel like Sal would know better than to early hammer and a lot of his other play is kind of scummy.

I would also like people to examine Lupus, who on a brief skim of the thread during the night when I was allowed to Lupus looks like he's shifting his votes back and forth a lot to go with whoever's got the "vote momentum" in order to appear like he's with the thread but hasn't really put forward any arguments or cases of his own that I saw, just sort of agreeing with the thread's consensus and plopping down a vote.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Beyond that I told myself I'd go back and reread KB's cases because KB is pretty good at snuffing out suspicions and his cases usually have a lot going for them even as D1 cases, so I'm gonna try and do that later, but I need food and finally got my hands on Monster Hunter so I'm gonna try not to spam the thread like I usually do.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

I'll be honest I don't have much of a read one way or the other on anyone. I would like to go back and take a look at the Sub Teams posting history because I think out of those 7 at least 1 (if not more) are scum.

This is a weird thing to say after we'd have left. It's not like you can do anything about the sub team at that point even if you do deduce who was scum. It felt like fake casing to continue to avoid getting involved in what happened, and the rest of your stuff for a while revolves around that instead of trying to poke and prod the people who are actually in thread at that point.

Your vote on DB vs IS looks pretty bad in hindsight, given IS flipped scum, and it's weird that you immediately went in on TMM afterwards when you were kind of in a similar situation where IS's flip makes you look bad, but here you look like you're trying to shift the blame onto TMM.

SalTheBard posted:

Between IS and DB I choose DB who seemed scummier to me at the time (and hasn't been totally cleared IMHO yet). Why should I have to talk about a person I had no intention on voting for? (I also fell asleep pretty early last night after some weed).

Basically I think we should vote TMM first and then possibly think about Mr. F or Birb 2nd. I really don't like Bribs trying to get a turbo cuddle going on TMM before the sub gets back (WHEN IS THE loving SUB COMING BACK?) I also feel like he's really just doing a lot of drive by posting right now with no real content. There is no doubt TMM goes first, I think we can all agree he's scum (the retaliatory Max kill), but Bird is not totally cleared in my book either.

These two parts of your next post are what make me go from your usual town play to making me think you're really scummy. You're trying to set up a suspicion board for multiple days, arguing who to dunk when, and a lot of it seems due to a retaliatory kill on Max. TMM claims later with CPR Doc, but you should never 100% think that the obvious route is the most logical one, even if it looked like a 3p kill at the time. Someone could easily be setting up TMM to take the fall there in theoretical terms, an SK's wincon is so razor's edge they wouldn't be thinking about killing the person that would draw the most heat onto them. I wrongly defended B- in the sub because he killed Moat when to me it felt like Moat's kill would have drawn more heat onto B-, but thinking about "is this a retaliatory kill or a setup" is basic mafia thought when it comes to flips.

It strengthens a personal theory of mine that TMM might be just a 3P killer using a really, -really- good fakeclaim and that you're scum trying to root out the 3p under the guise of trying to find scum, but I don't know how well that lines up with the evidence right now. I feel like you've always been pretty cognizant of Votefinder (and you earlier in the thread unvoted because you had been putting TMM at -3, so you were clearly cognizant enough of the fact that you had to watch the vote).

I just really don't buy it as a simple mistake.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote TMM

Whatever I said would happened kinda happened last night and I think he's buying time still.

If he's telling the truth and could be "controlled" or whatever the gently caress, he's not worth having around. He's been wrong on everything so far.

Please give me a neatly itemized list of poo poo TMM Has Gotten Wrong so that I can catch up with the thread a bit quicker, please and thank you.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

All of his posts basically have been wrong. The fact we didn't cuddle him yesterday blows my loving mind.

I didn't know we were trying to dunk people for being engaged but wrong in the thread, is my issue. Do you think MMT is being wrong on purpose? If so, I want to see some examples cited or this is all looking way too convenient to me.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

I didn't know we were trying to dunk people for being engaged but wrong in the thread, is my issue. Do you think MMT is being wrong on purpose? If so, I want to see some examples cited or this is all looking way too convenient to me.

Mafia Edit: TMM not MMT, that's like 3 threads now I've done that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

The fact we didn't cuddle him yesterday blows my loving mind.

SalTheBard posted:

If you are scum bra-loving-o. This just seems way to genuine. ##vote mr. f

:thunk:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Read my post. It's not the simple issue of of being wrong.

I made that post before SA Needful updated, I did read your post and see some points, I do think TMM looks bad given that evidence, and as stated I would not necessarily be against voting them with the idea of leaving a role that can potentially kill up is bad for town one way or another. However, I think Sal's scum who's starting to get caught up in his own play and slipping and would like to push further scrutiny on him for the time being.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

To elaborate re: the phrase "being wrong", I think the idea of categorizing scummy play as "being wrong" or vice versa is a think scum would accidentally say to encourage the idea that, even if the dunk flips town its okay because the player wasn't contributing in the correct way. I wouldn't call it a direct scumslip or scumtell but I'd say that it can be indicative of someone who is not playing the game in a Town mindset.

Like Sal, for example:

SalTheBard posted:

On some weird chance he's a 3p SK, cuddling him still makes a ton of sense.

Some "weird" chance he's a 3p? There's been two kills which is usually how the biggest tell there is a 3p at work, Scum rarely get some way to do a second kill. Do you think Scum have 2 kills in this setup? Who else do you think is scum, besides TMM?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

I'm allowed to be wrong and change my mind later.

It's how you turned back around to the idea so quickly now that TMM is once again in the hot seat. I would have expected you to be a little more wary and cautious about your play, especially after an purportedly accidental early hammer. I can't really reasonably justify the idea that you accidentally hammered Mr. F and then you going "I can't believe we didn't hammer TMM yesterday" without acknowledging your own play in that scenario.

I think you're scum, Sal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I agree about Sal looking weird as gently caress, but I think that could wait. He's not going anywhere. Like I said, we need to get rid of any killing role that can be anti-town. THERE IS SOMEBODY ALIVE that has killed 2 strong people. It's not a stretch to vote TMM out because of that. That's without considering that the kills have benefitted him, even if it is setting him up. In the same vein as the lurker lynch policy people were excited about yesterday, removing somebody that can actively hurt the town is just as important, and it would erase the confusion. Best case is we catch the SK, worse case is we use a doctor who hasn't really been helpful to us.

People have been tridented 2 nights in a row, and ripped to shreds 2 nights in a row. There's a good chance he is a 3P killer in a game that has 21 people.

I agree with your logic and find it reasonable, but I'm going to keep talking about Sal for the time being because I want to see Sal's response to my arguments.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

It was more that we had a second kill that describes "ripped to shreds". We know that TMM was responsible for the first "ripped to shreds" kill. If you want to kill me that's fine. I'm Vanilla Town. You can kill me or you can kill the person that has a NK ability and has used it twice on townies. My change on TMM is soley because of the Night Kill (which I hadn't known about yesterday).

And TMM owned up to it immediately, with the theory that something/someone took control of his night action for the night, yes.

You still didn't answer my questions, Sal. Do you think TMM is 3p (likely SK if so) or Scum? You seem to keep going back and forth and you described SK is unlikely where I think it's the mostly likely response.

And, in either of those cases, who do you think is the remaining scum? I would wager there's likely 2 scum left after IS and B-, so it's extremely weird that you're not giving me reads on people other than TMM who is at least slightly locked in.

I don't like you're early get-out-ahead-of-it VT claim, either.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

SalTheBard posted:

My lunch break is over in about 2 minutes. I'm not at home right now. When I get home from work I will take some time to address this post as well as your other post. I didn't want to just disappear from the thread all at once.

I find this an understandable arrangement and will check back in with you later this evening.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Since that's over with I'll ##unvote Sal for now until he comes back to address my argument in a show of good faith.

And also because I wanna do this:

##vote Lupus

Hey Lupus, buddy, you alive? You wanna make some reads for me? Preferrably ones that don't involve TMM?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

tmm didn't claim the kill immediately and i would happily lunch him and why didn't we yesterday goddamit,l but we've hit lying scum in sal

moat...

moat died a hero to the cause, if it makes you feel any better.

anyway yeah I'm fine with TMM today and Sal tomorrow, he's not going anywhere. I kinda wanna see his response to you so I'm not gonna plunk down a vote yet. I also wanna see if Lupus will show up and do anything other than plunk a vote down on TMM and/or Sal.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm going to bet no, because I have a sneaking suspicious Lupus is the last scum and has been coasting on vote momentum all game.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I would be willing to entertain the idea of TMM 'protecting' Sal if we want to go that route. It is risky but I think it's worth doing, because at least then we'd have a known target.

In which case I'd still like people to take a look at Lupus for me as all of his votes are hella sketchy to me.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

FWIW tmm i think you're vastly overestimating/have your math wrong on scum. There were only five scum in Shine, and that was a 25-man. I can't see there being more than 5 in this game, and even then that seems like a highball to me. I feel like four is the safer number.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ugh Sal's big effortpost reads as genuine so I'm starting to have second thoughts, the fact that DB can confirm he has a box is frustrating because I thought there was something there, there may still be something there though.

Sal, the options you got were Pass It On, or Open It, with no "Do Nothing" prompt like DB got?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

TMM is the only option, clearly.

I know I'm hammering this point home, but I think more fruitful discussion could happen with him dead. In an ideal world I like TMM and think he's an asset, but with the role he has even if he's town I just don't like him alive.

I really want to dunk Lupus right now but I will begrudgingly admit TMM is the better call at this stage.

##unvote

##vote TMM

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The only doubts I have is that I don't see a Sal-Lupus scum team for some reason. The whole gift thing with Sal is making me rethink stuff.

:agreed:

As the chief person who pushed Sal I quite liked Sal's big response when he came home and his thing about the box (and Dick BAstardly's confirmation that that was a thing) have made me feel much better about it overall. I don't think Sal is scum anymore.

I cannot say the same for Lupus as my suspicion of him has only gotten worse.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

However this DOES mean we've wasted a tracker claim from Atomic Soda which is kinda really bad considering we're already down a couple big power roles already.

Sorry Soda.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

LupusAter posted:

You do realize that you'd have read anything I possibly could have done as scummy, right? You are convinced I am scum and working backwards from that assumption.

I'm not exactly a fan of it either actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The reason I hadn't voted for TMM yet despite saying I was fine with it is because I think there's still discussion to be had and, even if TMM's role is a proven liability to town at this stage, is I respect TMM as a strong Town Player who can usually dissect a lot of stuff and get on a good trail.

I want to wait for TMM's reads and I find you extremely scummy that you were trying to further the hammer when he was at -2 already.

• Locked thread