Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll be the final sign up so that this game can get started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SalTheBard posted:

I haven't gotten anything

Especially the joke. :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I agree, his silence so far is strangely suspicious. ##vote TMM

Yes, my silence for the 5 hours (in a D1 that lasts 4 days) during working hours that the game has been open is entirely suspicious.

This is a dumb test even for you MMT and both you and Max are wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh yeah...blah blah blah, unvote before voting, blah blah blah

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

##unvote
##vote tmm because the last time he got voted for being away it was kind of funny

Way to make it easy.

##vote birb

I'm gonna go with the 'third vote on me is always scum' strategy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

TMM is wrong though, the rule is third vote on anyone is scum, not just on him, and he is not a special snowflake

I am too a special snowflake!

Wait, maybe my first games where second vote on me was scum. It's been so long and I've smoked a lot of :420: between then and now.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I never said anything about you.

You voted me which means you think I'm scum which means you are wrong.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Is that what you think?

What else am I supposed to think?

You voted me before I had confirmed into the game. You either think I'm scum for some reason or you are testing me.

Either way, your vote is wrong and dumb imo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well maybe dumb is a strong word, but I just get bored of these little tests that people seem to like to give me on D1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

TMM what if I just wanted to

See what would happen?

Well that's why I said dumb might be a strong word since that's the point. But it's still dumb from my point of view because no matter what you do here, I'm like the easiest player to read after like D2.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like the entire point seem to be to rile me up even though I don't really think that isn't actually a good indicator of my alignment anymore.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

I will unvote you if you correctly state who the prettiest player here is.

Well, Keane isn't in the game, so the easy answer is out.

It's gotta be flerp.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Hmm

What do you think of MMT’s vote?

It probably just another dumb reaction test like yours, although the extra line about me being suspicious does leave a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

Usually MMT does her little test without trying to cast as much shade.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
If we need to be around for this sub thing then I'm probably out since I don't know how busy work will be at that time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

On a scale of 1-10, how much shade would you say I was throwing on you?

Usually your tests are more like 'Let's try this' or 'I have a theory' but this felt different. Maybe it was just the timing with Maxs vote but when combined with the strangely suspicious remark it just felt more opportunistic than usual.

Frankly, you're kind of giving me the same vibe as Tobbs in those first couple of days in the Samurai game. You don't quite feel wrong yet, but you don't really feel right either.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

The cool and good sub team:

CL
Moat
Grid
MMT
Mona
Flerp
B-

(which I think is everyone who has signed up who has not later backed out)

Quote this post to agree

I'm a little wary of MMT, but not enough to disagree at this time.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

it’s gone quiet since the dumb idiot tube left

Well, that is bound to happen when a full third of the game can't actually participate in the game on a super long day 1.

Frankly, I am completely turned off this game right now because of it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It has now been more than 48 hours since the game has started and bowmore still hasn't confirmed into the game.

Let's just go ahead and ##vote bowmore to get this stupid day over with already.

Honestly, I think we should just get it done now because I have no desire to suffer through a long D1 with little engagement on the weekend.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I would also do Hal but at least Hal has posted once since the game started.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I mean, Ecco usually just replaces people like that.

Frankly, I'd rather jusr kill him now and save the possible replacement because if Ecco is planning to remove a third of the people every day then I'm probably going to replace out.

I was actually starting to get engaged in the game despite my intentions until the sub thing. I figured it would be some random thing that might reward or kill a player, not something that just flat out removes players for the rest of the day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I feel like TMM going radio silent means he’s probably replacing out, so I’ll look at the others. As I said earlier, bk was making my nose twitch.

Actually, I am going to stay and hope that I get reengaged on D2 when we have a little more information. I've never replaced out of a game and I don't really want to start just because I have an issue with the something in the game.

I didn't want to post because I wasn't sure if I was going to replace and I also didn't want to drag the day down even more by continually complaining about this whole sub thing.

I'll certainly explain more about my issues with the sub thing after the game, but basically I feel like in a game where you are trying to figure out the connections between people, removing 1/3 of them on D1 makes that impossible and really takes away from the game. It's even worse in my opinion because the day was over 4 days long. If you take people out of the game, I feel like you need less time to make a decision not more.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Oh and one more thing before I get to writing up some of my opinions: I believe that the people on the sub are playing a micro game somewhere else right now. They are voting and making connections and stuff just like here and that's part of the reason why I am irritated at this whole thing.

I think they are doing that because I know that if I was on the sub and told after 24 hours on D1 that I couldn't post or even read the thread for 3 days until the deadline, then I would have just straight up gotten myself modkilled. The only way it works in my mind is if they are playing a game somewhere else.

Now, I don't know if they are would run through full night actions or what, but I definitely think that the people on the sub are voting.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

I agree but i prefer to see it as pretty funny troll by the mod which is no excuse for not voting now.

I'll get to the voting shortly, but I want to get some thoughts out there first.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, time for the opinions on people and since I've been quite for so long, I'll just do it as an alphabetical list.

Atomic Soda - I am kind of null here because I feel like she is able to pull the wool over my eyes. I don't really think she is a good target for today, but I do think she is someone to be concerned about later.
Birdstrike - He's probably town and pretty much all the votes that hit him were bad.
BottleKnight - I could see him as scum. I'm not entirely sold on his content and some of it does seem a bit fake.
King Burgundy - I'm not sure about KB yet, but he gets easier as the days progress so I don't think I'd vote him right now.
Deadbeat Dad - I've got a slight town lean on him right now. I relate to him preferring to have someone attack him in order to try to figure out their alignment.
Dick Bastardly - He's kind of scummy and could be a good vote. The VT claim doesn't really do anything for me and I feel like the people voting him are more towny than scummy
Hal Incandenza - I'm glad he came around and started making posts or I would likely be voting him right now. I'm still kind of got a scum lean on him but I think it's mostly just residual effects from lurking/catching up.
IllegallySober - The player I'm most worried about on the DB vote right now. His vote on birb was slightly scummy, but I don't feel like his reaction to DB voting him is insincere or OMGUS-y.
LupusAter - He's been very quiet, but he's also pretty new so I'm more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. I
Max - This is probably the most town person in the game right now. He did an admirable job trying not to let the thread die shortly after the sub thing.
Mr. F! - I've got a real problem here and for the time being I'm going to ##vote Mr. F. He hasn't been posting anything and his only real content is to do that little gambit (I can't remember what it's called) and then drop his vote on birb before not posting anymore. Also, he didn't even work the gambit evenly and seemed to cherry pick who he pressured over it.
SalTheBard - I've only played with Sal once and he seems like a bit weird/awkward in general, so nothing he's said so far has given me any real pause.
sentimental snail - A slight town lean here. He seems to be engaged and looking for scum in a natural way.
TMMadman - I know I'm town because I read my role PM.

I think a Mr. F is a good vote. It's very possible that he is scum and he isn't really posting anyway. So we might as well kill two birds with one stone, so to speak.

If we don't want to do Mr. F, then I would probably want to go BK>DB>IS. There's no real argument to be made for anyone outside of those four people imo.

Also, while I will be around for an hour or two more, I probably will not be around for the actual deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

tmm i am flattered by your assessment but be assured that if i was scum i'd eventually just tell you :/

What do you think about Mr. F?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

last game i played with him he was scum he posted a shitton day one and vigged somone. i'm not sure what to make of his asking everyone to say they're scum - it could be another gimmick to push his towniness but he seems disheartened that ppl aren't playing along. null atm, wouldn't lunch today but hopefully he starts to post more soon.

Man, sometimes I really have trouble with the whole 'well, let's wait and see if he posts more' attitude. I know that newer people tend to get the benefit of the doubt and that's fine. And I also know the attitude is somewhat unevenly applied because some players are often granded a little more leeway than others, but at a certain point I just feel like you might as well kill off the lurker, especially on a weird D1 like this one.

Mr. F has made 9 posts over the span of 4 days and none of them have really engaged the game. Again, I know it's ironic coming from me given my past couple of days, but it's something that irks me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

i think lunching mr f today would be a mistake and tell us very little, as you point out he's not had a lot of interactions. plus i don't really read them as scum atm.

what are the benefits to lunching mr f that you see. are you that sure he's scum?

I'm not sure he is scum, but I think it's just as possible as any one of BK/IS/DB being scum.

I know he hasn't had any real interactions but if he doesn't post more then that is just going to get worse as the game goes on.

I probably wouldn't be pushing this as a lynch if this was a normal day, but the whole sub thing kind of took the sails out of the game and I'm of the opinion that I'd rather take out someone who isn't posting today over people who are posting.

And if the sub thing didn't happen, then there would probably be a lot more and better content to base a lynch on, so it wouldn't be nearly as good of a lynch option.

The way I see it, today is a perfectly fine day to take out someone who isn't posting because we don't know what is going to happen tomorrow in regards to people leaving the game and basically all the interactions are going to be reset.

Essentially, I'm seeing D2 as a D1 because we will have essentially 'new' people joining the game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Nah I don't want to do that.

The vote is currently tied though, so lets see what heppens when this happens?

##vote IS

Uhhhh...the vote wasn't tied?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Uhhhh...the vote wasn't tied?

Or wait, I guess you weren't voting.

I misread your unvote.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

sentimental snail posted:

I'd say it's somewhat a tone thing, but this post in particular rubs me the wrong way. I read over it twice and felt a little manipulated afterwards. the speculation is just too specific for me to let go, and I feel like there is actually a whole lot of accuracy here.

Do you really just think that the 7 people who left in the sub are just sitting around doing nothing?

I would be absolutely loving furious if I was on the sub and that was the case because what would be the point?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

This post feels genuine to me. I feel better about Dick.

I'm actually of the opposite opinion. It honestly all feels a little fake to me.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also, I really don't think the whole DB think was advocating for a chain lynch of himself.

Like to me it felt more like just a something to be said, not desire to get lynched if the lynch he proposed was wrong.

I feel like it's something that can be said by both town or scum.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Atomic Soda posted:

you continuing on about it is the suspicious bit here. echo straight up said they'd be playing a minigame and its irrelevant to what we need to do today.

It is absolutely relevant to this game and that is what irritates me. And it absolutely affects how this day has played out, so again it's relevant.

But I'm done talking about it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

It’s all WIFOM, but the phrase “town that’s posting scummily” is so, like, obviously disproved and bogus that it seems like a phrase only someone who honestly believed that would say. If I were scum, the last thing I would ever want to post is that I’m town posting like scum. The whole post kinda reads like that to me.

I've am positive that I've said "I'm just town posting in a scummy manner" while scum before. It's like a standard defense imo.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish people would be more willing to lynch lurkers on D1 because sometimes it gets so frustrating.

I've posted more in the past 2 hours or so than Mr. F has posted over the course of 4 days.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

##unvote

##vote IS

KB, I'm curious, do you think IS is the scummier of the two or are you just voting this way because IS was the leader?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

No. Just because he's the leader and the thread is dead. I think my order would be BK->DB->IS.

I was also fine with purging Mr.F #1 lurker if that had gotten traction.

I think I would rather lynch DB at this point too. If you move and I move then we could tie it back up at 6.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
In fact, I'll just go ahead and ##unvote and ##vote DB now

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hal, I think you are around, would you vote for DB?

Max are you interested in moving to DB?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

I personally think DB is a bit scummier and between a VT claim and a half claim, I'd rather save the half claim.

Sure, it's a risk that the half claim is a lie, but if it's true it puts a target out there for scum to deal with.

• Locked thread