Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Oh why not, I haven't played in a game in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

I Understand That lf I Do Not Unvote The Mod Will Not Count A Revote Unless I Am A Doublevoter.

Somebody done smoked our Ma'jaruna

##vote Dick Bastardly

I was gonna make this joke smh

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I was just thinking it's been a while since a natural disaster wiped everybody out in an Ecco game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

Like the entire point seem to be to rile me up even though I don't really think that isn't actually a good indicator of my alignment anymore.

That was a pretty clear joke vote from MMT since the game just started and you made a very serious reply to it. I don't think that makes you scummy, just thought you'd pick up on that.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I want to be a submarine man. Dripping in anticipation.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Actually if it's at that time I probably can't do it so some other person can have some underwater fun.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote
##vote bowmore

I like bowmore, just going to keep my vote on him until I know he's actually going to post a lot in a game.

Also how many scum do you guys think went under the sea

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

also 6 scum

I think you're on to something here but 7

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I agree with the premise of what TMM is saying, just cause we're all corralled to look at the remaining 2/3 playerlist and ignore 1/3 of the game. Like, naturally I might've found 2 or 3 of the 7 that went scummy but now we have to put on horse blinders and look at a entirely different group of people and it's still very much joke vote phase still. The best I can do is add this sort of "content", but as far as scum hunting it'll just be forced as gently caress right now. So I'll just word vomit and if it makes me look scummy (it usually does, or did), w/e.

I don't think Ecco specified whether they're coming back on D1 or not, it's just "until the minigame is over" .. so I honestly don't even want to throw down any serious votes until I know if they'll be back or not before the end of the day.

All I know is I wouldn't trust Murmur Twin in a crowded submarine :sweatdrop:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SalTheBard posted:

Don't get upset about it :(

Sal your avatar and general attitude makes you look too cute n huggable to vote so I'm gonna need you to post like a complete dick so I'm not influenced by outside forces tia

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

Actually this was the post, I still misread it though I think.

That wasn't a scum speculation it was calling the 7 that volunteered all scum (which obviously was a joke)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

SalTheBard posted:

I'll be honest I don't have much of a read one way or the other on anyone. I would like to go back and take a look at the Sub Teams posting history because I think out of those 7 at least 1 (if not more) are scum.

I don't like this post because anybody involved before the sub game was cognizant of the fact that it was joke vote phase. What sort of content are you going to "go back to" and comb through? It probably would take about 2 minutes of light reading and you wouldn't get anywhere.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I was thinking "are you serious?"

But if you really want my opinion on it, I think it likely that at least one scum volunteered for sub duty but I don't think focusing on that will help us find any. I noticed one or two players speculating about the number of scum this game which raises my brow a bit. Phone posting ATM so searching and quoting is a bit of a chore. If it's not clear I'll quote it when I get home.

Dick Bastardly on Birdstrike/DBD posted:

Actually this was the post, I still misread it though I think.

I don't like these two posts (not because it's questioning me/Birdstrike), but because they're two clear joke responses involving numbers in the sub squad.

Dick Bastardly posted:

everyone is scum

I understand you could've misread the posts, but it's weird since you basically made a very similar post in response to Max's sub post. I still don't feel anything strange about you since you prefaced it with that, just sort of notekeeping publicly for the future.

TMMadman posted:

Yes, my silence for the 5 hours (in a D1 that lasts 4 days) during working hours that the game has been open is entirely suspicious.

This is a dumb test even for you MMT and both you and Max are wrong.

I mentioned this earlier, but I also don't like this response to another clear joke. At the same time, it strikes me as a very TMM sort of post so it's not pinging at me hard or anything.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

Yeah I missed the sub part and just read "there are 7" as a factual statement about how many scums in this big game. Oopsie shmoopsie

No worries. I was actually trying to speculate/WIFOM the advantages of multiple scum going there before going to bed, but I honestly think people just see "minigame" and either want to sign up or not. I don't think there was a warning about people not coming back either which would maybe dissuade scum from going, so it's probably the equivalent of grabbing a hand full of popcorn.

Unless the scum knew in role PM's that a minigame was coming, which I guess is a fair thing to question.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
In retrospect, Sal, MMT did have some content to look back at but everybody else I'm pretty sure didn't do much.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##unvote

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sal is an enigma

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Atomic Soda posted:

for example a more town thing would be to perhaps say lets lunch sober, then if he flips scum i'd be up for lunching bk, hypothetically.

interesting AS please tell us more hypothetical scenarios to look better from a scum perspective :xd:

I'd prob still vote the 3 people I quoted earlier just for sketchy posting, but tbh not leaning in any particular direction and definitely not going to fall on any swords cause of a huge gut read. There is none currently.

Also why don't you like birb again? I'm a bit confused about the votes on him.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
So looking back at Max, he's being Mr. Question Man in the thread and driving discussion and getting content out of players. Which is good for D1 and I applaud him for doing it. It also could give him a really strong base D1 if he's scum because he's being helpful and avoiding suspicion at the same time despite being a top poster, which is hard to do.

I've played in quite a few games with Max but I don't remember if this differentiates from his normal posting style. Either way it's helping, but I do want to make a small note of it to store away later if something happens that makes me view him more negatively.

I kinda tried to get some content out there too yesterday with light casings of a few people that I found made odd comments/strange reactions D1. Sal is continuing to just throw down some theories that have literally 0% chance of happening which is throwing me in a loop.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I don't like that IS post because I strongly agree with parts of it (obviously D1 is usually poo poo) but I disagree that the people alive in here can't create a lot of content and light a fire under some people to show their true colors.

My issue is it's hard for me to get into a game as town until I'm wrongly cased with some bullshit made up gut read and get into a back and forth that leaves me really annoyed (I won't get into what I look for from that). I feel "half" in the game right now because of that. It's not like I'm begging someone to come at me or something, cause it would defeat the purpose since I mentioned it, but I've always played with the philosophy that town should always be active and engaging and seem as trustworthy as possible, as early as possible. An uninformed majority that can feel comfortable with a few other posters in the thread on some sixth sense poo poo can go a long way, as long as you don't trust them blindly when/if sketch things pop up about them (which is why I Tentatively Trust Max right now, but that can change). Scum are usually busy attempting to do some semi-elaborate bussing while being active or playing it low and slow and sliding by so that potential night actions won't reach them since they're like the 10th or 11th person you think of naming. It's rarely in the middle.

But what the gently caress do I know, I'm sure the meta has shifted

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Meant to say *throwing me for a loop. But I will also jump in the loop.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

birdo

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

I didn’t read the first time but I will try and help

##unvote
##vote deadbeat dad

I honestly can’t believe how scummy you’ve been
*shaking my damp head*

if you did this randomly a few days from now and you were like "lol gut gently caress you dad" and pulled some forced case out of thin air it would deffo work but now I feel bad cause I don't really have anything bad to say about you and I'm questioning why there are a few votes on you in general, so we can shadow box if you want or I'll lightly tap you on the jaw if you want, mate.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote Dick Bastardly

I like him a little less than IS.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

I really wish people would be more willing to lynch lurkers on D1 because sometimes it gets so frustrating.

I've posted more in the past 2 hours or so than Mr. F has posted over the course of 4 days.

I am willing, seeing as he wasn't really active in my game either (so maybe he's just busy?) or Mag just likes to lurk, but I feel the votespread is kinda interesting for the fact that they keep going back and forth between DB and IS. Just avoiding all of the potential information that could come out of the lynch to lynch a lurker wouldn't be the greatest move right now.

I don't think it necessarily means one is scum, one is town because of how close the votes are though. Maybe if there wasn't 7 people in the sub, I'd have more confidence in scum moving their weight around behind the scenes with votes and opinion changes. Not ruling it out though either.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Also what the gently caress is a 2 AM on Sunday deadline, Ecco?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

IllegallySober posted:

Okay, I'm back and should be around for the next hour or so- might not be here all the way to deadline.

For anyone who's on the fence between DB and I (since we seem to be the two candidates for today); I have a role that should be able to provide information tomorrow. I don't want to fullclaim right now but I don't mind doing so at the start of the day tomorrow if I'm here.

Revealing what you have already makes you a target if you're not lynched, and can save you from being lynched. Not doing so and getting lynched is even worse. If there isn't a blocking scum role then you can at least get a day of information from it if it's an investigative role.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I think both are equally semi-shady, but if both are telling the truth, I'd rather lynch a vanilla than a potential power role. The issue is the way IS is approaching revealing his role is not making me feel great about him.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's a safe bet. I already told yous guys I suck at this. Take a hard look at the IS votes that look frivolous and start there tomorrow after I flip vt.

I think you inherently look less scummy than IS right now, but yeah, the role thing. Depending on what he does in the next hour or so will make my decision.

Actually, let me ##unvote just because I'm a little unsure. I'll be around for deadline.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Is everybody else sleeping?

Is IS just going to softclaim and leave?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Sorry I am here trying to finish up some last minute work.

Would it really matter to you if he claimed more?

A few scenarios are popping around in my head regarding positives and negatives of him claiming. So I guess "mattering" is subjective. While I would rather lynch a less-scummier (to me) DB over a claimed role, even if it's a lie, the fact that he just softclaimed and left is something I can see both good and bad for the town. Good in the sense that if he is lying and doesn't come forward, it doesn't force a real power role to come up and claim (which means that if he is scum he SHOULD be doing that), and bad because if he's telling the truth we just lynched him over a VT.

But yeah, he kinda put himself in a corner, so...

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hm. Self-watcher.

##vote IllegallySober

Rather something than nothing.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I was just going to say if we're doing some WIFOM stuff then TMM has plenty of good reasons to kill Max.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

EccoRaven posted:

"Reactor warning. Coolant leak on level seventy-seven. Reactor overload in 12 cycles. Immediate attention is required."

Can I fix the coolant leak, Ecco? Or is that a job only for the subfucks?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Mr. F! posted:

What do you mean if i tricked you

Give us your thoughts on the game.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
If we're going to take a look at votes, Sal and snail also didn't really even mention IS during the last day which is strange since he was as big of a target as DB was.

Would also vote Mr. F if he's not going to attempt to give his thoughts, but there's still time for that.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
So, in the odd-chance that TMM is telling the truth, is their a reason to even keep him alive with a role like that? You can answer this too, TMM.. just seeing what other peoplethink. For me it would be between him and Mr. F. Leaning TMM right now just because of that claim.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
TMM, is it a power you can withhold? (Sorry if you already answered that, was busy doing Westworld wrap up stuff).

Birdstrike posted:

if TMM is town he could like, not use that power

If it's possible, yeah. I believe parts of what he says up until the "I don't know if we had a doctor" part. Like, if you're going to kill Max, please be drat sure about the odds you have with it. If you have even the slightest bit of doubt that you are going to kill him, why not just go after a lurker? That's already a lot of damage done to town on N1 just because Max is an asset when he's town.

Even if TMM does flip town, if he can't withhold that power it's just not worth having around. And of course he can also still be scum. I know TMM as scum usually gets kinda flustered (or at least that was how it used to be), maybe things have changed!

BTW, can you tell me why you would get "mad beast" and "rip'd" flavor on the Max kill? Maybe it's not scum, that seems very serial killer-y and weird flavor for a CPR doc. I'm not all for flavor lynches, just another thing that isn't adding up.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

I'm on my way home and I'll address that Lupus vote when I get there.

However, as to your question DBD. Yes, I can absolutely withhold my action. The only restriction is that I can't target myself.

I won't be using it tonight unless somehow both me and Mr F are still alive.

Any idea about the flavor stuff as well? (Once you're back home!)

Birdstrike posted:

I think town TMM would have claimed killing early in the day rather than after votes had started to appear. He could have said “I’m basically a vig” which if he did early I might have believed but probably not now.

Also Mr F seems like a very convenient target as the alternative vote.

Kind of agreeing with this.

How do you feel about Mr. F? I know you guys are cool but he's not contributing at all, so , if anything it serves as a distraction to town and might be lurking scum. It's convenient in the sense that it's a really obvious alternate lynch, but an alternate lynch that would make sense.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

The votes appeared before I ever posted.

Mr F isn't a convenient target. He's the reason why mafia kind of sucks sometimes (not personally, just the lurking). He's posted 12 loving times over the course of 5 days and everyone is perfectly fine letting him live.

And yeah I know I spent the better part of D1 not posting but that's because I was trying to decide if I wanted to replace. However, since I decided to stay in the game, I've certainly been engaged in it which is more than be said about Mr F

Agree, agree, and disagreed. I don't think we're perfectly fine with letting him live. There was a very interesting scenario yesterday with DB/IS and a lot of it looked fishy with how the votes were spread. Expecting everybody to just get off of that and vote Mr. F! is not a viable option. If he's not active in the next day or two, he probably will be modkilled.

In fact, he would probably be a top 2 or 3 target to look at. The big issue is how your role is going to benefit us if you stay alive, and the other issue is how viable the role you have is. If you didn't kill Max, didn't have a back and forth with Max D1, and you didn't go after the wrong person lynch wise D1, this decision would be way easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Mr. F could be a wasted lynch if he's going to be modkilled though.

• Locked thread