Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Callista Ophélie LeClair posted:

Name: Callista Ophélie LeClair (age 19)
Alias: -
Playbook: Lurk
Look: Thin, Standoffish, Vulnerable
Heritage: Skovlan, from the city of Lockport
Background: Teenage runaway from a working class family
Stress: 0/9
Trauma: 0/4
Healing: 0/4

Harm:
3: Need Help
2: | -1D
1: | Less Effect

Stash: [ ]
Coin: 0/4

Insight:
0/4: HUNT
0/4: STUDY
2/4: SURVEY
1/4: TINKER

Prowess:
1/4: FINESSE
0/4: PROWL
0/4: SKIRMISH
0/4: WRECK

Resolve:
0/4: ATTUNE
0/4: COMMAND
1/4: CONSORT
2/4: SWAY

Special Ability: Like Looking into a Mirror - You can always tell when someone is lying to you.
Ally: Nyryx (A Prostitute) – Showed Callista the ‘rules of the street’ without literally ‘selling her’ out, helped her get by during those first rough, difficult weeks in Dustwall.
Enemy: Bryl (A drug dealer) – Tried to get Callista hooked on his supply so she’ll either ‘push’ for him or be his ‘girlfriend’ (likely both).
Vice: Weird (Aranna the Blessed, cultist of a forgotten god, barge moored in Nightmarket) – Callista ‘enjoys’ observing the ‘prayer rituals’ of Aranna and her flock; the noise, the smells, the blood, terrifies her. She doesn’t understand it, and that’s why she keeps going back.

XP:
- Every time you roll a desperate action, mark xp in that action's attribute. At the end of each session, for each item below, mark 1 xp (in your playbook or an attribute) or 2 xp if that item occurred multiple times.
- You addressed a challenge with deception or influence.
- You expressed your beliefs, drives, heritage, or background.
- You struggled with issues from your vice or traumas during the session

CourValant fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Josef bugman posted:

Hope this helps out, do ask if you need more help with character ideas/ what sort of scoundrel you'd like to be.

Cool, it does, thanks! Appreciate you being patient with a newbie!

So, I’d like to give this a shot, if you don’t mind the fact that I know nothing about the game system and you pretty much have to create the character for me, plus teach me how to play (mainly mechanics) for at least the next few turns.

If there’s a game book I can download and read, I’d be more than happy to do so.

Character Submission (photo to follow)

Name: Callista Ophélie LeClair (age 19)

Background: Born into a working class family, Callista desperately wanted excitement and escape from her otherwise dull and dead-end life. Falling ‘in-love’ with an older and idealistic revolutionary, she ran away from home to join the ‘the cause’, only to find heart break and disappointment once the romantic illusions of the ‘Rebellion’ faded into everyday reality.

That was a few years ago, and Callista’s been doing anything and everything to survive on the streets of Duskwall ever since.

Slight of build and somewhat malnourished, Callista mainly relies on her charms, her quick wits, and fast hands to stay alive. She’s not adverse to violence, it’s just that a live ‘mark’ can feed you again tomorrow, whereas a dead one can only feed you for today.

Having seen the results of this oppressive, male dominated society, Callista’s dream is to see the woman of this place be liberated, freed from their invisible chains, and be given their rightful place as equals. And if she had to bring down every man who gets in her way to bring about this vision, well, all the better. Its time these ‘men’ be brought down to face the consequences of their actions.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Slide please! :)

In my head I see her as someone who doesn't get her hands 'dirty'; why risk getting caught doing something when you can just get some 'guy' to do it for you?

Josef bugman posted:

Also, don't worry at all, I haven't played much blades, but I want to trial it out and everyone is being super cool about it at the moment!

Wonderful! :ocelot: :)

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to do to finish character creation; should I fill out the character sheet, pick equipment, allies, foes, roll for anything, etc.?

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Josef bugman posted:

No need to roll anything, or pick equipment, but just do as others have done, look at the sheet and see what you would like to be able to do.

Alright, updated my initial post to show my character sheet; please take a look and let me know if I did it properly; will post a photo when I get a chance.

Also, I can only play by post; not sure if the plan is to get on discord for a 'live play' game night.

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Josef bugman posted:

Current plan, based on what people have been responding with, is to have it on Discord at 1800-2200 GMT on a Wednesday.

So, yeah, 1800 GMT on a Wednesday is 1000 Pacific Time; I'm right in the middle of work, can't play by discord, and posting during that time might be problematic.

Still like to play though, if we can do PbP during the week; actual 4 hour play session during that period is a no go for me, I'm afraid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CourValant
Feb 25, 2016

Do You Remember Love?

Josef bugman posted:

Hey that sounds good to me, anyone else want to confirm?

So, no PbP then? Guess I'll take my leave.

• Locked thread