Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Mithross posted:

Excuse me, I think you meant to say you were roleblocked.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Nope, explicit success message.

Mithross posted:

Hmm.

Moat did just flip as busdriver, so I'm withholding judgement for now.

im trying to figure out what happened last night to explain the discrepancy in these results. is it possible that moat used his action before dying? i guess it depends on the order the actions were processed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

im trying to figure out what happened last night to explain the discrepancy in these results. is it possible that moat used his action before dying? i guess it depends on the order the actions were processed

He could have made mithross roleblock someone else. If I'd been set to doc someone else, mitheoss' action would have gone through and I'd have failed.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

Usually busdriver type roles are fairly early in order resolution, otherwise they are pointless.

Ff6 (another Cpig game)was:
trance empower*
Hides
Trance/steal*
Redirect/busdrive
Protect/bodyguard
Cop/watch/track
Slots*
Kills and other actions

* for game specific stuff

So it’s just a matter of if you think moat would have flipped Tobbs with someone else

With Mith saying he had a success, that mean someones action should have failed. Hard part is it could have been RF, though

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I granted Kash a boon, albeit at a terrible cost (reading my posts)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Crazy eyes is probably fine ##unvote idk with this game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I can’t be killed which makes it hard to be suuuuper invested

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
you cant be killed at all? :thunk:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Wait wait wait I solved it

CapitalistPig posted:

Draining Ray - The player is poisoned.

CapitalistPig posted:

Each night you may target two other players, they become mindlinked and all actions on one effect the other instead and vice versa.

CapitalistPig posted:

This was not all that could be found though, The necromancy master was found drained of all life by some kind of sapping poison.

lmao

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

In other words, Moat busdrove :iiam: and RF, and RF tried to poison :iiam:, so it got busdrove back onto himself

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

chaoslord posted:

In other words, Moat busdrove :iiam: and RF, and RF tried to poison :iiam:, so it got busdrove back onto himself

Ok that's some good stuff right there.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

nah, but once I'm targeted I lose all my powers. So I just hang out but I can't die~

unless I'm lynched

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's a weird nexus power

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

Usually busdriver type roles are fairly early in order resolution, otherwise they are pointless.

Ff6 (another Cpig game)was:
trance empower*
Hides
Trance/steal*
Redirect/busdrive
Protect/bodyguard
Cop/watch/track
Slots*
Kills and other actions

* for game specific stuff

So it’s just a matter of if you think moat would have flipped Tobbs with someone else

With Mith saying he had a success, that mean someones action should have failed. Hard part is it could have been RF, though

If Moat flipped me and mithross, I'd fail because mithross would have targeted me.

If Moat flipped me and anyone else, I'd fail because mithross would have targeted me.

If Moat flipped mithross and anyone but me, my action would succeed and mithross would roleblock someone else, which is what happened.

Also quit trying to roleblock me me, I'm literally just doc protecting people you dumbass.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Wait let me check something.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

haha thanks tobbs. definitely did not expect that. i also targeted myself successfully

time to review rf's posts

I can't target the same target twice in a row. Never let on because I didn't want to let anyone know I couldn't protect myself forever.

B-minus1 claimed to self-protect N1 and N2, which is kinda game-breaking and doesn't mesh well with my own role.

I think he's lying scum.

##vote b-minus1

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lol. well you're wrong. i agree that it is slightly game-breaking, but i can self protect every night. which is why i was legitimately surprised that you protected me last night.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

b-minus1 posted:

lol. well you're wrong. i agree that it is slightly game-breaking, but i can self protect every night. which is why i was legitimately surprised that you protected me last night.

Yeah I figured with a self-protect N1, a reciprocal protect N2 would make us immortal (if you're town).

CPig why.

Is b-minus1 lying or did you make a doc who can't protect themselves forever and a bodyguard who can?

Please answer my prayers.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:siren:
PA crackles, there is slight feedback

A brief announcement from your headmaster

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
who got the shitpost power

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

CapitalistPig posted:

PA crackles, there is slight feedback

A brief announcement from your headmaster

This is good. More please.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If Moat flipped me and mithross, I'd fail because mithross would have targeted me.

If Moat flipped me and anyone else, I'd fail because mithross would have targeted me.

If Moat flipped mithross and anyone but me, my action would succeed and mithross would roleblock someone else, which is what happened.

Also quit trying to roleblock me me, I'm literally just doc protecting people you dumbass.

I think you have this backwards but it doesn't particularly matter. The important bit is that there is a path for both of you to have received a success with no problems. (Someone could be lying of course but it's not necessarily the case)

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I can't target the same target twice in a row. Never let on because I didn't want to let anyone know I couldn't protect myself forever.

B-minus1 claimed to self-protect N1 and N2, which is kinda game-breaking and doesn't mesh well with my own role.

I think he's lying scum.

##vote b-minus1

Yeah, I have a hard time believing a bodyguard can protect themselves every night when the doctor can't

##vote bminus

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im confused. so RF tried to poison someone but moat busdrove back on himself, so RF essentially killed himself?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

chaoslord posted:

Yeah, I have a hard time believing a bodyguard can protect themselves every night when the doctor can't

##vote bminus

i already said that a self target makes me bulletproof. it's only a "bodyguard" if i target another player. i agree it's overpowered AF :shrug:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

im confused. so RF tried to poison someone but moat busdrove back on himself, so RF essentially killed himself?

There's the potential something else happened, but considering

1) The flavor
2) No one coming forward to claim the scum kill

I think it's pretty likely to be the answer

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

chaoslord posted:

There's the potential something else happened, but considering

1) The flavor
2) No one coming forward to claim the scum kill

I think it's pretty likely to be the answer
im not sure why im struggling to understand the night actions.

Keane claimed to be responsible for RF's death using some sort of night vig
Moat " was ripped apart by demons on night 2" which would be the scum night kill

but RF "was found drained of all life by some kind of sapping poison" which suggests that he poisoned himself. If that's true, then what did keane really do last night?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

i already said that a self target makes me bulletproof. it's only a "bodyguard" if i target another player. i agree it's overpowered AF :shrug:

Right, and I'd be willing to accept that you could maybe have limited BP shots like the Town of Salem or something where you could BP yourself on alternating night, but even tobbs can't save himself every night. Just seems a bridge too far.

Obviously the word bulletproof is somewhere in your role PM since you didnt die from Mith.

Hm. Mith. ##unvote the case of the missing NK from N1 still makes me wonder. RF's poison was separate from from the scum PM so I'm thinking it did not count as the nightkill

Kash, Tobbs, and CE almost definitely didn't do it.

Mith is saying he shot you, could be it. If so, you wouldn't be scum.

I think that leaves gulag myself and keane as unclaimed from N1 yeah?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

b-minus1 posted:

im not sure why im struggling to understand the night actions.

Keane claimed to be responsible for RF's death using some sort of night vig
Moat " was ripped apart by demons on night 2" which would be the scum night kill

but RF "was found drained of all life by some kind of sapping poison" which suggests that he poisoned himself. If that's true, then what did keane really do last night?

So we all thought this was the softclaim from keane

CCKeane posted:

You're welcome, Kash.

But then we started talking about it like it was a sure thing and Keane said

CCKeane posted:

I granted Kash a boon, albeit at a terrible cost (reading my posts)

So Keane is not claiming the Vig, it appears to me.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Dunno, not sold on mithross being town either.

Like, why roleblock someone confirmed to be a doctor?

Sure, I could potentially prevent a town kill from landing on scum, but I'm sitting here self-protecting.

I'm far from confirmed town, but I'm fullclaimed. He's trying to make sure a night kill goes through by roleblocking me instead of someone likely to be sent to do it (if he thinks I'm scum, which presumably he does by trying to block me).

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm not sold on tobbs being town tho even with a doc.

In fact if I was a scum doc I would do exactly what tobbs did!!!!!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think b-minus1 is just fakeclaiming. His role doesn't even make sense.

1. Be unkillable forever.

Or

2. Potentially block a kill, but die. Mind you with a billion vigs you're just as likely to block a town kill on scum, trading dead scum for dead town.

I don't think CPig would make a role like that. There's no choice. Just self-protect forever.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Hey Kash, since you're unkillable or whatever, what are You? Passive reflector? That would Explain RF's flip. He tried to poison you, it backfired and he died. It's pretty clear that his own poison killed him. Moat's ability couldn't do that, as it would still make RF's poison hit someone else.

So if I'm right, you're confirmed town, crazyeyes action doesn't make sense though, because he'd have just ended up watching himself.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I'm not sold on tobbs being town tho even with a doc.

In fact if I was a scum doc I would do exactly what tobbs did!!!!!

Sure, he may be a scum doctor, but he definitely self protected N1 which means there is a kill missing. That's all I was getting at

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am a nexus that redirects everything including NKs, who had another power that was lost when someone attempted to target me

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

Sure, he may be a scum doctor, but he definitely self protected N1 which means there is a kill missing. That's all I was getting at

Protect himself withhold the NK bam done

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hey Kash, since you're unkillable or whatever, what are You? Passive reflector? That would Explain RF's flip. He tried to poison you, it backfired and he died. It's pretty clear that his own poison killed him. Moat's ability couldn't do that, as it would still make RF's poison hit someone else.

So if I'm right, you're confirmed town, crazyeyes action doesn't make sense though, because he'd have just ended up watching himself.

RF goes to poison me
Moat busdrives me and RF
RF is now poisoning himself

Does this not work?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

Protect himself withhold the NK bam done

If there's only 2 scum, I maybe could see it since RF had a poison anyway. But with 3 it would be easy enough to go RF poison, tobbs self protect, X go to attack.

I just find it super unlikely scum withheld a kill on N1 but it's probably Bad Mafia Play to be making assumptions like that

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

chaoslord posted:

RF goes to poison me
Moat busdrives me and RF
RF is now poisoning himself

Does this not work?

I thought he wasn't a BD. He makes players target each other, rather than switching them so everyone targeting one targets the other (and vise-versa).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Oh wait he is a straight busdriver

• Locked thread