Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
like if pacific rim was a turn based tactics game, i guess? everything about it has looked and sounded awesome and SURPRISE it's finally coming out (on pc) tomorrow, other platforms TBA

trailer: https://vimeo.com/257441417

btw the musician from FTL worked on this one too so get ready for some insanely pleasing tunes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

FTL was drat good and kaijus and mechs is extremely my jam. i hope it'll be as addictive and good as FTL

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Looks cute OP, and I like FTL, but I already have to many indie treasures I never play.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

like if pacific rim was a turn based tactics game, i guess? everything about it has looked and sounded awesome and SURPRISE it's finally coming out (on pc) tomorrow, other platforms TBA

trailer: https://vimeo.com/257441417

btw the musician from FTL worked on this one too so get ready for some insanely pleasing tunes

This looks rad, but I may wait for a Switch version.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Cool

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Wow, I wasn't aware that this was being made! Looks good; I'll have to keep an eye on it. (Although I won't be getting it too soon, as I've already got a load of games that need playing)

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I reinstalled FTL because of this thread, and at some point between now and when I originally played it they patched in a bunch of new ways to get resources, enemies surrendering in battle, it's way better now.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I reinstalled FTL because of this thread, and at some point between now and when I originally played it they patched in a bunch of new ways to get resources, enemies surrendering in battle, it's way better now.

I played a shitload over the summer after not touching it for years, and won pretty easily a bunch of times. I think they made it slightly easier which I'm definitely not complaining about

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played a shitload over the summer after not touching it for years, and won pretty easily a bunch of times. I think they made it slightly easier which I'm definitely not complaining about
It doesn't feel like I'm just rolling dice to get enough resources to manage, my decisions definitely seem like they have more impact.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nice, that sounds like it's received some solid improvements! I haven't played it in years either, so I might need to pick it up again.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah btwn the new encounters and ship layouts the game had a lot of quality post launch support

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I played it not long after it came out, and I remembered it being a lot more random. I don't have any expansions, if they released any.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They made it easier by blunting the randomness then added a hard mode so you had to be just as good as before but now with twice the systems and knowing esoteric ways of manipulating what shows up in shops

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
i am insanely loving hype for this game. i never buy games on launch but i am buying this

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I'm not buying at launch but it's going to the wishlist for when I'm not binging japanese mastercrafts

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

FactsAreUseless posted:

It doesn't feel like I'm just rolling dice to get enough resources to manage, my decisions definitely seem like they have more impact.

i'm only ok at ftl, but it's possible to be very good at it, and to win games very consistently. here's a forlorn wolf coat guide. the trick is that what new players tend to think is good (lots of shields, enough power to run everything, blowing everything up) is bad, and what new players think is bad (doors, medbays, sensors) are actually good.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

How much it this gonna be anyway? Can't find a price anywhere

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
this little preview vid from pc gamer is solid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwhglaEREz4

everyone whos played it over the past year says its godly, so im stoked

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh this is another roguelike? I was hoping for a campaign game. It still looks cool though

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PleasingFungus posted:

i'm only ok at ftl, but it's possible to be very good at it, and to win games very consistently. here's a forlorn wolf coat guide. the trick is that what new players tend to think is good (lots of shields, enough power to run everything, blowing everything up) is bad, and what new players think is bad (doors, medbays, sensors) are actually good.

Doors are like the first thing I upgrade every single time

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

In Training posted:

Oh this is another roguelike? I was hoping for a campaign game. It still looks cool though

theres persistent upgrades and unlocks, but ya it's FTL-ish

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This looks great

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FTL has one of the best soundtracks I’ve heard. This new game looks sweet!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i bought it on gog and it apparently comes with FTL: Advanced Edition, fyi

time to game

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I could never get into FTL much partly because of the dumb final boss. Might give it another go based on what you guys are saying though.

This looks awesome and I've been looking forward to it for a while

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its here

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cuck meme FTW.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Starting a filename war in Zeldathon to name Link CUCK.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Starting a filename war in Zeldathon to name Link CUCK.

laughing quietly to myself every time they say cucco

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

FactsAreUseless posted:

that was my biggest problem the first time around with FTL. gonna have to play some more

And this game looks pretty nice

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

elf help book posted:

laughing quietly to myself every time they say cucco

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Wormskull posted:

Cuck meme FTW.

Just gonna share my epic mastery of the cuck meme with my fellow imps.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
its satisfying as hell. i havent tried the easy or hard difficulties (fewer enemies and -50% xp for easy, more elite enemies and more xp for hard) but normal is a rollercoaster ride of feeling like a goddamn idiot when you gently caress up and feeling like a loving genius when you turn it around

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm keeping an eye on this thread

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Getting past the first island after an hour and realizing how much time you're eventually gonna spend in this game.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
oh hell yeah im buying this

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

this game is goddamn win. soybots, roll out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Looks cute OP, and I like FTL, but I already have to many indie treasures I never play.

i've been trying to complete indie garbage before i buy nemore the next one up is freedom planet i got for a dollar from some humble bundle, probably with 50 copies of hunie pop. its pretty good from what i've played tho.

• Locked thread