Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i like the robot boss’s abilities, but the one time i fought him i mostly clowned on him the entire fight. thank you smoke squad

favorite so far is definitely the slime boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtPoopPoopyyGoku3
Aug 10, 2009
after beating each squad i lost motivation to do the remaining achievements properly but i still wanna get the final unlockable so i'm doing the achievemtsnt on normal/easy... a gamer's sin i'll carry with me

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
The bugs that do damage in each adjacent square after first putting up protective rocks is the bane of my playthroughs. Is there a good "common" way to deal with them short of warping them?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Foxhound posted:

The bugs that do damage in each adjacent square after first putting up protective rocks is the bane of my playthroughs. Is there a good "common" way to deal with them short of warping them?

knocking em against the rocks with artillery works great, provided you can get the angle that doesnt push em into the building theyre attacking

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Beat my first four island run with Blitzkrieg!

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
going incredibly on tilt trying to get the 'three final battles with one pilot' achievement

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

PleasingFungus posted:

going incredibly on tilt trying to get the 'three final battles with one pilot' achievement

make a custom squad with the starter squad punch robot, the smoke/orange themed artillery robot, and the blue treads rammer robot and put the lady that starts each mission with a shield in the rammer robot. i got a ton of the unlocks with that squad and so far its the strongest ive found. also you dont have to do them in a row just keep the same pilot in every run until you get it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

make a custom squad with the starter squad punch robot, the smoke/orange themed artillery robot, and the blue treads rammer robot and put the lady that starts each mission with a shield in the rammer robot.

reasonable. right now i'm trying to finish beating all of the normal 10 squads (7 down) so it'll probably get easier after that

apropos to nothing posted:

also you dont have to do them in a row just keep the same pilot in every run until you get it

yeah i know. my current guy has been in like 5 timelines, 1 final battle. i finished two final battles with one guy earlier and then he died in battle 2 of the third run. i'm still salty about that

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
blitzkrieg tends to feel strong and then blow up disastrously, for me. they do a lot of damage but have a really hard time protecting things, which is unfortunate for a game about protecting things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

knocking em against the rocks with artillery works great, provided you can get the angle that doesnt push em into the building theyre attacking

I've tried that but it tends to not kill them unless the artillery push does 1 damage in addition to the knock doing 1.

• Locked thread