Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

i've been trying to complete indie garbage before i buy nemore the next one up is freedom planet i got for a dollar from some humble bundle, probably with 50 copies of hunie pop. its pretty good from what i've played tho.

i can think of a certain poster that would be happy to take those hunie pop keys off you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HuniePop is a racist, sexist rape fantasy puzzler that truly challenges the mind and reflexes, and That’s Okay.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

"Honie Pop" huh? C'mon on in! I made cookies there's lemonade on the table! I just have to throw some laundry in

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i had two buildings resist monster attacks back to back after a sad and sloppy turn early on in my playthrough and it felt like divine intervention lol. ive been playing as smart as possible ever since and it loving owns

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

"Honie Pop" huh? C'mon on in! I made cookies there's lemonade on the table! I just have to throw some laundry in

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

i had two buildings resist monster attacks back to back after a sad and sloppy turn early on in my playthrough and it felt like divine intervention lol. ive been playing as smart as possible ever since and it loving owns

Fine, fine, I’ll buy it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

You say here that you want to “run a non consensual b*beep*s deep train on that fine exoticized Egyptian a*beep*”... a what did you mean by that?

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Cuck meme FTW.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this looks good

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

kinda crazy that a tactics game hasnt really done the telegraphing moves ahead of time gimmick before this, or done much with roguelike mechanics. i hope this spawns a resurgence in the genre, bc this game is an owner boner. i'm very into all the directional abilities. I just unlocked steel judoka, and they have a bunch of new things i keep forgetting about

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the feeling of learning the different weapon abilities is great. going from accidentally smoking a friendly unit’s tile with my rocket exhaust and loving up a perfect play, to firing the rocket into the ocean just so i could smoke and immobilize the boss behind me... its epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

is this game like front mission that's what the gfx sort of look like

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

steel judoka ftw

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i picked up one of the judo moves on my first game, flips the target behind you. used that to flip a friendly mech who'd spent his turn over to take a bullet for that guy that would've cost me the game

i felt like a loving wizard when that worked and i went on to save humanity

game is good

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

stomping kaiju in perfect orchestration and seeing the little civilian voices pop up cheering you on feels god drat good

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This game is great.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i suck at this game cause im a fuckin idiot bu tt its good

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
wait.... it just costs an extra power to put a weapon on a different class of mech than its intended for. oh poo poo

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i dunno about the choice to have it so that movement can be undone but not actions, it feels like it results in me having to juggle more moves in my head than really necessary, making it slower to learn

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i guess half the fun is when you get surprised by something you didnt see coming, so im back on board with it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I reinstalled FTL because of this thread, and at some point between now and when I originally played it they patched in a bunch of new ways to get resources, enemies surrendering in battle, it's way better now.

ive had ftl reinstalled for a month here but havent touched it but this just made me want to play i hope its not overwhelming

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Here's a cool interview with the devs. It talks about how they balanced it so the right call is often to sacrifice your troops to save a city and that's a really cool feel. Legit gut wrenching a lot of the time.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I can get to the second island consistently now, about my sixth run I think. The difficulty really steps up.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

an actual dog posted:

Here's a cool interview with the devs. It talks about how they balanced it so the right call is often to sacrifice your troops to save a city and that's a really cool feel. Legit gut wrenching a lot of the time.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
This game is a lot of fun. Great laptop game.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
got it running on my mac laptop and copied over my save. fuckin hell yeah

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
now i just have to pay one billion dollars for apple to replace the battery that i burned out on FTL, lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I thought the small maps would be a detriment at first, but holy hell this game is fun.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the pilot can act twice in a turn if they don't move + the starting prime mech's dashing punch is a very fun combo

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rusting hulks is so fuckin fun. limited capability to actually kill poo poo but who cares when you can fart smoke on 2/3 of the map by turn 2

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

HolePisser1982 posted:

the pilot can act twice in a turn if they don't move + the starting prime mech's dashing punch is a very fun combo

even more fun is archimedes (move after attacking, needs 1 power) in the rust bucket's pushbot with self shielding (also 1 power) and optionally +1 move

dash across the map, shove a nerd into smoke, dash back with a shield to nosell an attack or spawn, all in one move

feels great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Elec whip mech with +1 damage and building chaining is so fuckin sick too, use the boulder and your armored mech right and you can kill like 3 vek a turn

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Fungah! posted:

Elec whip mech with +1 damage and building chaining is so fuckin sick too, use the boulder and your armored mech right and you can kill like 3 vek a turn

i hated trying to use elec whip boy on any map with trains, or basically all of the old earth island just 'cos of tanks, artillery etc

felt proper good when i got that ten chain achievement though

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

do the fire mechs suck poo poo or am i just not playing them right?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm still on my first run of this (on the ice island boss ATM) but this game seems really great. Piecing together a turn that seems hopeless is just plain fun.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

I'm still on my first run of this (on the ice island boss ATM) but this game seems really great. Piecing together a turn that seems hopeless is just plain fun.

i'm 3 maps in and it really kicks into gear quick. i realized i was going to have to give up on getting Flawless victories most of the time until i figure out better positioning/strategies.. the game is fuckin awesome and i've only played like 30 mins

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
was doing really badly every run and then unlocked the 2nd squad and perfected the first island on the first try with them. ftw

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

bump_fn posted:

i suck at this game cause im a fuckin idiot bu tt its good

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This game does an amazing job of presenting you with no-win scenarios that don’t feel cheap. Every so often you can worm your way out of them too and that’s a great feeling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Evil Eagle posted:

ive been finding it rly enjoyable to take my time and just stare at the board and think. my first run was 6-7 hours long and i loved every minute

• Locked thread