Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is the worst teleconf platform
bluejeans
skype 4 biz / lync
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit
View Results

• Locked thread
Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
so now my teams are hailing bluejeans as the second coming of christ after 2 years of skype 4 biz post webex...

literally nothing is different about it - they all have the same problems and issues but for some reason one is "good" and the other "bad"

in my regular work i end up using:
bluejeans
skype 4 biz for workgroups
webex
zoom
gotomeeting
join.me
some other bullshit

how is your teleconference world yospos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

gently caress pretend it is a checkbox poll

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
bluejeans is the worst. GoToMeeting is the best

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

admins please write a script that randomly hides posts when made then shows them 10 minutes later with "OOPS I WAS ON MUTE" in front of them

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

imagine i posted a giant, table-breaking picture with the word BARK in 144-point font

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

bossman: please do not join the conference call to listen in while travelling even though you morons have a 100% travel job

also bossman: step it up, attendance is poor

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

embed http://conferencecall.biz in the background of this thread

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

over/under on someone saying goodbyes on the call and muttering "loving assholes" under their breath before the call actually drops?

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

r u ready to WALK posted:

this is mandatory viewing, proclick++

the last conference thread was full of aneurism-inducing stupidity, looking forward to this one

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

(old pic, that company went out of business last year)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

r u ready to WALK posted:

smythe pls

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

webex sucks and never loving installs properly so every time i use it i have to run some lovely custom .exe, it doesn't even do the audio because our genius telecoms people changed the audio to use a separate system so now you ahve 50% of peopel dialing into the wrong number but showing on the webex

also somebody created a webex, invited the entire global IT division, maxed it out at 400 joiners for 1.5 hours and ran up like $30k in costs lmao

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Despite us having a functioning ("functioning") WebEx setup, we have a customer that insists on using their Skype 4 biz garbage to have three-way calls. The first couple of times we tried to use it the garbage browser plugin broke IE, and every single time one of the three parties involved can't hear the other two. :shrug:

Like WebEx is garbage but I've never had a problem a) joining a call and b) hearing people.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

A company we work with has a news channel audio as their hold/connecting audio and it's really confusing

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Pollyanna posted:

over/under on someone saying goodbyes on the call and muttering "loving assholes" under their breath before the call actually drops?

at my last job this was not at all muttered, and it happened well before the goodbyes

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i had to use my hockey puck speaker because we couldn't get the telephone bridge to work

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i turn on my video stream in every conf call now and give everyone a nice view of my nostril hair

pram
Jun 10, 2001
bluejeans is the worst loving pile of crap

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

pram posted:

bluejeans is the worst loving pile of crap

i literally cannot believe the number of people i work with who hail it like the second coming of christ

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Smythe please join the bridge so we can discuss potential thread upgrades.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
idr if its zoom or join.me but one of them works ok but has no volume leveling so you always get one person whos ear splittingly loud.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

just use google hangouts

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
i just use slack or irc or something like that instead of stupid teleconference garbage. way easier to pretend i'm listening that way, and i don't have to withstand 200 decibels of feedback or see your stupid face. i mean, you probably don't want to see mine either so why bother pretending otherwise?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
any remote meeting that is audio only is guaranteed hell. if you're getting g.711 cuz someone's on a phone line then lomarf and smh.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

is that a cisco branded polycom?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i'm the galaxy brain who literally dialed in with his phone while the other scrubs at the w3c curse at their webex client

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

thats not a knoife...

now THATs a knoife

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

ha ha a little lighthearted telecon humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CleTKq093sI

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Mad Wack posted:

thats not a knoife...

now THATs a knoife

christ it's like someone epoxied together a calculator and some weird 'designer' fan

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Shaggar posted:

is that a cisco branded polycom?

yes

the hardware is slightly cheaper but you are expected to buy Cisco CallManager licenses or cals or whatever for each unit so the total cost comes in higher unless you get cheat-y with “spare” SKUs

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

christ it's like someone epoxied together a calculator and some weird 'designer' fan

polycom phones have always been silly looking but they are the best speakerphone money can buy imho

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the worst voip is all of them, but most importantly lync, the platform that uses SIP for instant messaging

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
cisco spark meetings are the best
crisp audio quality
crisp screen sharing
can distinguish when youre in a teleconference room or if ur cube is right outside

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cisco fuckin sucks rear end, as do u

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
nah its good

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Skype for Business is the garbagest tool I have ever had to use as a remote employee ever.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I don’t think I could design a worse text chat solution than Skype for business if I tried deliberately

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

the worst voip is all of them, but most importantly lync, the platform that uses SIP for instant messaging

sip is a good choice for IM and many chat clients of the era lync came from used sip or variants like simple. The downside to SIP is its lack of persistence which is why these days everything has moved to server side session management.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cocoa Crispies posted:

(old pic, that company went out of business last year)

it still does this

• Locked thread