Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
My darling Sebastian changed the wallpaper in my living room.

To skeletons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
And this is a complaint? :colbert:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
No. :colbert:

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Xel Esparza's yarn prowess strikes again!

https://twitter.com/XelEsparza/status/1027788260691648518

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

As 8357's journey reaches it summit, a new villain is about to begin his.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That's a delightful amount of evil so far. It's just a shame the town doesn't react to their (usually slow) absorption into the grinding gears of capitalism.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

8357 completes everything that was available to her in version 1.2, while Drone takes a peek at some 1.3 additions before cementing himself as a monster.

Next week is the final update of the LP!

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 20, 2018

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Commander Keene posted:

I think the "red devil" in the Prairie King minigame is probably supposed to be a prairie dog.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recently heard of a game, also released recently, that was inspired by Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon type games called Graveyard Keeper. Have you heard of it?

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

I recently heard of a game, also released recently, that was inspired by Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon type games called Graveyard Keeper. Have you heard of it?
Itīs from the same developer that made Punch Quest and it seems that the general consensus is that itīs pretty halfbaked right now.

Jade Rider
May 11, 2007

All the pages have been censored except for "heck," and she misread that one.

Honestly, I just cheated to get the Prairie King achievements. I wasn't really gonna spend actual effort on it.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Sylphosaurus posted:

Itīs from the same developer that made Punch Quest and it seems that the general consensus is that itīs pretty halfbaked right now.

I'm a moron who can't put games down once I start them but right now Graveyard Keeper is just a miserable slog that I may actually just uninstall to save myself from. Like it's almost good and fun, but then you run into roadblocks and resource bottlenecks that are just inexcusable and I'm frankly not sure are going to be addressed. I'm super disappointed in it.

SS-Kumei
Sep 1, 2012
For the "Bit of a slow dive", that's pretty darn quick compared to real life, even without taking into account getting everything ready to be airtight. Atmospheric, though, that's a shameful pun and I like it.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Taking a quick look at some of my other player characters, the other farm types, and a handful of other extras. Then we clear up all of the version 1.3 additions before it's finally time to say goodbye to 8357.

Thanks Yami and Irish for commentating it with me; thanks Yoshi and Dakota for doing multiplayer with me and Irish (and for the bit at the end); and thank you all for sitting through yet another one of these with us. Another farming LP is unlikely any time soon, and if I do decide I want to, it will probably be More Friends of Mineral Town so that the Best clan can continue.

I will keep the thread open in case Slime Rancher's next big content patch, Viktor's Experimental Update, gets announced soon. If not, then I will revive it for its own thread when it does. The video for Viktor will probably be it for the LP.

YamiNoSenshi
Jan 19, 2010
So long, and thanks for all the corn.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I might be overthinking this a little, but I wonder if people in Stardew Valley throwing out whole cooked dishes is how they sort of "take care" of Linus without injuring his pride or something like that.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

YamiNoSenshi posted:

So long, and thanks for all the corn spiders.

Thanks for the LP. I know that Stardew Valley simply isn't a game I could play but watching everything is the next best thing.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Quick update for the thread regarding Slime Rancher: I've put together a quickie update on the smaller content updates that have happened since Mochi, so that the thread can stick around a bit longer before the next major content pack. I'm hoping to have that ready to go next weekend depending on the guys' availability.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Quickie update looking at the few small content updates in-between major additions. Let's have a bee party with 1200 chickens.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The drones are the cutest thing in the whole game. :3:

The real fun is redesigning your ranch around what the drones are capable of, so each area has either only veggie or only fruit slimes. Then you have one drone feeding them and one drone selling them! All you've got to do is go round and water the drones every other day.

Malicus
Oct 31, 2013
If anyone is interested in the game but hasn't played it yet, Slime Rancher will be free (yours to keep) from the Epic Games Store starting March 7. The offer will last two weeks.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Slime Rancher is still free for the next few days, so grab it now if you haven't. Also, the final major content update has been scheduled for this Summer, so the end of the LP is at last in sight.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

someone please tell the devs to make a sequel so i can give them more money

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
A couple small updates for the thread, both of which came out today, fittingly enough:
1) Stardew Valley has at last been archived! If you want to give it another whirl, there's easy access.
2) Slime Rancher shouldn't be far behind it now, because the final content update and some cosmetic DLC have been announced for June 18. Like I mentioned before, because "Viktor's Experimental Update" is the final major content update for the game (I believe), that will be the end of the LP. There will likely be more small content updates like the cosmetic DLC, but I'm happy to call it once the major stuff is all out.

Also, I'm considering LPing Graveyard Keeper in the future, and I would have included it in this thread if the Viktor update wasn't just a month away, but that will instead be saved for another thread.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

grats on the archiving! i was glad to see it kick back into gear and start putting things on it again. i just hope the slime rancher devs announce plans for a sequel, as i've posted about before, probably multiple times now. unfortunately, though, june 18th is the same day that bloodstained comes out. sorry, slime rancher devs, i will be occupied.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Slime Rancher returns at last for two final updates, today and Friday, starting with the Secret Styles DLC!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

This update turned you into a bunch of grandmas cooing at all the cute children.

oh look at those little darlings

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Heck yeah more Slime Rancher!

The new slime styles are all great. Apparently it actually meant an overhaul of how largos work behind the scenes - they're no longer each specifically modelled (there's four times as many now!) and instead generated programatically from the base slime model.
As a consequence there's actually models for pure saber slimes now, though they never spawn in the game.

My favourite style is the Arcane slime.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

And that, at long last, does it. Thank you to all who stuck around after the year of waiting, thanks to Jacob and Torpo for joining me, and look forward to the likes of Star Fox Adventures, Sekiro, Graveyard Keeper, and more in the near future!

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

"Digimon fans never complain because they're used to disappointment."

Hahaha, come on over to the Digimon thread and ask us our opinions on Tri.

Besides that thanks for the LP Straw Hats! It was cute. Looking forward to Graveyard Keeper.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I found the portable water tap useful to set up just outside my lab. The slimeulations wipe out your liquid storage so it's convenient to fill up right there to go water your drones.

Thank you for this LP! Slime Rancher is one of my favourite games just out of pure sweetness. It's good to see it get attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, thanks for the lp! i need to dig into another run of the game sometime just to check out all the added content. i know i'm definitely one of the people constantly calling for like a sequel or something and really wish monomi park would give us excuses to throw cash their way.