Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is the NASL coming back?
This poll is closed.
Yes 2 9.09%
No 16 72.73%
No, but NISA lives 4 18.18%
Total: 22 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah, it’s really becoming frustrating. I’m hoping next season is better, because if it’s more of the same side show BS I’m not sure I’ll stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Good news, Bentai!

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasondjarrett/status/1022480786791034880

:negative:

Angstronaut
Apr 26, 2005

is there no shame?
https://www.usld3.com/news_article/show/938670

"The professional level USL Division III will provide passionate fans in new markets with a proven soccer experience. The league recently met with 11 local ownership groups in Atlanta to discuss details of the new 2019 season. Those ownership groups represent Chattanooga Pro Soccer, Toronto FC II (Toronto, Ontario), South Georgia Tormenta FC (Statesboro, Georgia), FC Tucson (Tucson, Arizona), Greenville Pro Soccer (Greenville, South Carolina) and Madison Pro Soccer (Madison, Wisconsin). The additional clubs will be announced in the coming weeks and months, as well as further details on the league’s competition structure. The league remains focused on positioning teams for long-term success by creating regional rivalries that deliver on-field excitement and leveraging a national media platform to drive awareness for each market."

RIP CFC

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ya hitched yer ride to the wrong star, CFC.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Turned on the Cincy game just in time to se Adi subbed on. I wanna see him wreck some USL defenses!!

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
The Las Vegas Lights are the best and most American soccer team to have ever existed, and I love them so much: https://twitter.com/mickakers/status/1032748010390740992

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

It is a serious shame they didn't lock down Usain Bolt

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

sleepwalkers posted:

I think he just means since MLS' inception. Rochester Rhinos won in '99.

super late reaction, but I was indeed just talking about when soccer was invented

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
NPSL looking to have a professional tier next year notably featuring the three NASL corpses, Detroit City, and Chattanooga FC.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Ok so we had a big fight about who’s gonna be D2, and now that we’ve resolved that we’re gonna fight about who’s gonna be D3? Seems like the new USL league, NISA, and this league are all goin for it

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Laissez-faire soccernomics.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
gently caress the USSF!

Bio-Hazard
Mar 8, 2004
I HATE POLITICS IN SOCCER AS MUCH AS I LOVE RACISM IN SOCCER

camoseven posted:

gently caress the USSF!

I'm interested in how you could do things better

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Well I certainly didn’t expect Toronto 2 to utterly crush Louisville last night. The commentators were going on before the match about how LV shouldn’t sleep on TFC2 and I guess they were right. Surprising quality from a seemingly hopeless side.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Weedle posted:

Well I certainly didn’t expect Toronto 2 to utterly crush Louisville last night. The commentators were going on before the match about how LV shouldn’t sleep on TFC2 and I guess they were right. Surprising quality from a seemingly hopeless side.

Hopefully this means FCC gets to end their USL time with the USL trophy!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
My MLS friends complain about having football lines on the field during home games sometimes but jesus christ look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/RiverhoundsSC/status/1034977450047033344

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

ElwoodCuse posted:

My MLS friends complain about having football lines on the field during home games sometimes but jesus christ look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/RiverhoundsSC/status/1034977450047033344

For most of the season, Indy didn’t have football lines since it was off season for the NFL. On multiple occasions now, I’ve seen players misjudge which line is out of bounds. It’s crazy how many different lines the NFL uses, and it doesn’t help that they have yellow lines near the sideline that match Indy Elevens color lines.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Yea and I think the lines in Indy are extra bad cause the Colts just installed fancy new football ones that are sewn in instead of painted on. It would be sweet if the Eleven could get their own stadium, but the Colts really soured the well for public funding of stadiums cause they got a sales tax levy a while back which pissed a lot of people off (including me cause I was living there at the time)

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

That is really distracting.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

camoseven posted:

Yea and I think the lines in Indy are extra bad cause the Colts just installed fancy new football ones that are sewn in instead of painted on. It would be sweet if the Eleven could get their own stadium, but the Colts really soured the well for public funding of stadiums cause they got a sales tax levy a while back which pissed a lot of people off (including me cause I was living there at the time)

Rams did the same thing to St. Louis’s chances of an MLS team when I lived there.

Colts stadium is a huge upgrade over playing at IUPUI, even if it does feel a bit empty comparatively

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

santanotreal posted:

Rams did the same thing to St. Louis’s chances of an MLS team when I lived there.

Colts stadium is a huge upgrade over playing at IUPUI, even if it does feel a bit empty comparatively

is Butler's stadium a possibility?

also what really killed STL's stadium chances was the fact that the vote was city-only, and No campaigners (rightly in my mind) pointed out that most of the people coming there would be from the suburbs and using the stadium without really paying for it. (that and they played up the fact that soccer's a "white sport" and STL City is majority-minority.)

Troy Queef fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Aug 30, 2018

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
butler bowl seats 5k (more than enough for last night's crowd!), has limited parking and concessions, bathrooms are in hinkle fieldhouse etc. it could work but i think the best long term solution is to renovate iu michael a carroll track and field and soccer stadium. which would only cost, in nfl stadium terms, 0.05 to 0.1 billion dollars

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
can't believe theyre actually doing this. i thought it was a joke or perhaps a trenchant satire of the lower league soccer business. just throwing cash at a baseball stadium
https://twitter.com/lvlightsfc/status/1038472106424426497

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yup. It’s real. They offered season ticket holders a spot on the field if they renewed yesterday.

https://twitter.com/lvlightsfc/status/1038623005184684032

https://twitter.com/lvlightsfc/status/1038642472665010177

Bentai fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Sep 9, 2018

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
It's such a shame that the lights ever have to play games

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

They’re a marketing gimmick wrapped up in a mediocre team. But it’s my team. I guess.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bentai posted:

They’re a marketing gimmick wrapped up in a mediocre team. But it’s my team. I guess.

truer words have never been spoken about pro soccer in the US

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

It’s unconfirmed so far, but ESPN Deportes is saying Vegas has fired Chelis.

If true, it took goddamn long enough.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Richmond is going to D3.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

quote:

“I want to leave,” Sola said. “Sincerely I want to leave. I can’t anymore with this. Tomorrow I’m going to talk with the owner. I don’t have the intention of continuing here.”

Well it sounds like everyone is on the same page

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

https://twitter.com/lvlightsfc/status/1042086235060092934
It is done.

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~
https://twitter.com/NipunChopra7/status/1044306915235377152

looking forward to my united soccer league championship team losing to a united soccer league league 2 side in usoc next may

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Having the USL Championship play for the USL Cup is going to get confusing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Pretty colors!

awyeahz
Aug 21, 2005

~*~BeDtImE~4~B0NZ0~*~

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

The Tampa Bay Rays are buying the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

Announcement tomorrow morning.

Not sure this will have any bearing on their MLS bid, but MLS made it clear that Rowdies owner Bill Edwards wasn’t quite rich enough for MLS (and he has an outstanding legal case).

A MLB ownership group is more appealing to MLS expansion committee, for sure.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Do over Ham posted:

The Tampa Bay Rays are buying the Tampa Bay Rowdies.

Announcement tomorrow morning.

Not sure this will have any bearing on their MLS bid, but MLS made it clear that Rowdies owner Bill Edwards wasn’t quite rich enough for MLS (and he has an outstanding legal case).

A MLB ownership group is more appealing to MLS expansion committee, for sure.
To be rather blunt I'm sure both USL and MLS would be happier without him anyway because Edwards, if you believe the lawsuits filed against him, made a bunch of his money doing poo poo that was unusually shady even by people-who-have-a-lot-of-money standards.

I've always found it hilariously ironic that he claimed his reason for leaving the NASL was perceived corruption.

Do over Ham
Mar 20, 2009

Crazy Ted posted:

To be rather blunt I'm sure both USL and MLS would be happier without him anyway because Edwards, if you believe the lawsuits filed against him, made a bunch of his money doing poo poo that was unusually shady even by people-who-have-a-lot-of-money standards.

I've always found it hilariously ironic that he claimed his reason for leaving the NASL was perceived corruption.

All perfectly true, but at least his checks didn't bounce and bills were paid on time.

Will be interesting to hear what the Rays owners (Stuart Sternberg, etc.) plans for the Rowdies are at tomorrow's event.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The 2018 USL Cup Final is November 8th on ESPN2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Edward Mass posted:

The 2018 USL Cup Final is November 8th on ESPN2.

Gonna be Cincinnati in a laugher, huh