Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I remember thinking the premise of this game seemed interesting, and I wanted to like it, but the more I looked at it, the more sure I was that it wouldn't be worth my time. Still, I look forward to seeing what it actually ended up being, and whether or not I was right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Magic? :shrug:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Fiendly posted:

Was the witch who was talking to Faust wearing a too-tight corset with zippers directly over the nipples? I've seen plenty of bad clothing design in games, but zipples might be the worst. The execution on that boss ruled, though.

I liked this boss design in general because it is very weird and memorable, but zipples is the opposite end of what makes something memorable and weird. The bad end.

Also it seemed for a minute that Gretchen was saying Streggale (sp?) was the one witch Heinrich killed and then it is spelled out he killed Gretchen. I guess he killed all the witches?

Also, why would any witches be working with the dude who conspired to have them murdered for their fairy tale power macguffins? Clearly Faust has witch allies and they are committing mass murderers for some reason, but why would they work for him?

Unless he can resurrect and control them because he took their anime...

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Feb 28, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I'm happy we're by and large past that because I was sick of God of War after the second one and didn't need more of them.

Why can't there by more games chasing after DMC 3?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah I can feel that. It definitely still feels like a game made by the people behind Folklore, just not as charming.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

If the Knight's Contract was, "You're haunted, Heinrich" and Gretchen left her alchemical body with the noodly alchemist and was a ghost hovering over Heinrich's shoulder and casting spells through him, that could work. You could still have a gameplay dilemma in that your character is still immortal but you need magic to do your finishers and taking hits reduces your magic bar, which represents Gretchen's ability to work through you. Take a hit, and you disrupt her build up of spells, but you'll regenerate as she has time to focus.

May not be the best gameplay loop but I think it would beat what we got.

Alternatively, just map the dodge button to Gretchen and let Heinrich tank that poo poo. What does he care?

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 4, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Yeah, I believe Grey de Lisle is Holda, and she usually does perfectly fine work, but I don't think she was trying too hard here.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

What bugs me about Heinrich's climbing animation with the ladders is he is so obviously off center.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

"We don't kill people! Stop killing people! I'll kill you if you don't stop killing people! I'm killing you now!"

Or maybe they don't count because they all came back from the dead?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Heinrich really tore the screen a new one after that first boss phase.

edit: Man, this game really wants to be Bayonetta with the finishers but can't pull it off.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Mar 16, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Honestly this was borderline the dullest thing so far.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Why does Heinrich have such a fancy scythe if it is literally the weakest thing in the game. The actual farm implement is probably a better weapon.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Maybe he lost them while he was finding random pages from the witches' Monster Manual.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

The stacking doll thing is pretty anemic. It just doesn't have any oomph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Given where the first Verderinde bossfight took place, perhaps that was a fake that got triple boxed?

• Locked thread