Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Elimination Chamber results

The Club beat Miztourage on the preshow
Alexa Bliss retained her title in the women's chamber match.
Asuka pinned Nia Jax then Nia beat her down.
The Bar retained the tag titles against Titus Worldwide.
Woken Matt Hardy beat Bray Wyatt
Ronda signed her WWE Contract but not before Kurt Angle let slip that HHH and Steph had alternative reasons for signing her. Ronda put HHH through a table and Steph slapped her then ran away in fear.
Roman Reigns shockingly won the men's chamber to face Brock Lesnar at Mania. Braun eliminated everyone for Roman's easy win then Braun killed Roman to end the PPV

Raw Results
  • Alexa opened the show with Mickie, apparently they're friends now despite the lack of any angle at Elimination Chamber. Bliss bragged about retaining and mocked the other women in the division. Asuka came out to confront Alexa but Nia Jax jumped her. Asuka put the armbar on Nia, so Mickie and Alexa jumped her, but Bayley and Sasha came to the rescue.

• Asuka, Bayley and Sasha defeated Alexa, Nia and Mickie in a six-woman tag. Bayley abandoned Sasha to the wolves in retaliation for Sasha screwing her over at Elimination Chamber, but continued to help Asuka who eventually submitted Mickie James.

• John Cena did an in-ring promo and admitted he had lost every opportunity he had for a Wrestlemania match. He declared he wanted the Undertaker which got a really big reaction, then claimed he'd been told this was impossible which left him no choice but to go to Smackdown tomorrow and attempt to get his Wrestlemania match that way.

• Bray Wyatt beat up both Rhyno and Heath Slater before the bell could be rung. He got a mic and declared Matt Hardy would have to face him again, because he was coming for him.

• The Miz cut an in-ring promo about the lack of solid Wrestlemania plans for him and the Intercontinental Title at Wrestlemania. Angle had told him his opponent tonight could determine his Mania opponent. Out came Seth Rollins.

• Seth defeated The Miz in a non-title match, hitting an amazing frog splash across the diagonal length of the ring. During his post-match celebration, Finn Balor came out and a pissed off Seth left.

• Finn was set to face Miz who was doing double-duty and was rightfully pissed about it. The Miztourage jumped Finn but got attacked by the Good Brothers, so Kurt kicked all four out and warned Miz any interference would result in his spot at Wrestlemania disappearing. Finn defeated The Miz.

• Reigns did an in-ring promo in which he declared that Brock Lesnar hadn't shown up because he was unprofessional and didn't care about WWE or the fans, but Reigns lives and breathed it and he was going to take the title from Brock at Mania. The delivery was good, the content wasn't, and the fans mostly booed Reigns the whole way through.

• The Bar retained their Tag Team titles in a 2-out-of-3 falls match against Titus Worldwide. They got the first fall in a few seconds, and then the second fall after roughly 10 minutes, then did a promo about how they had beaten everybody there was and now who was there to face at Wrestlemania?

• Jarrius "JJ" Robertson will be the recipient of this year's Warrior Award.

• Elias did a performance in the ring but was cut off by Braun Strowman. They had a quick match that ended by DQ when Elias used a fire extinguisher on Braun. He tried to beat up the blinded Braun afterwards but got caught and had to run away. Braun followed him bellowing backstage, passing a limo that was just pulling up with presumably HHH and Stephanie inside.

• Asuka and Nia Jax will have a rematch next week.

• HHH and Stephanie came to the ring and explained that Angle had double pnueumonia and had been hallucinating things when he claimed at Elimination Chamber that they were talking poo poo about Ronda Rousey backstage. They called out Kurt to make an apology but Rousey came out instead. Kurt rushed out and stopped her from killing everybody, explaining he needed this job and so he was going to admit that they were right and he had been wrong about what they said.

• HHH and Steph tried to leave but Ronda said there was still the matter of Stephanie slapping her, so SHE wanted an apology from Steph or she would rip her arm out of her socket. The crowd chanted,"RIP IT OUT!" and Stephanie initially growled then immediately chickened out and apologized profusely. As they prepared to leave, HHH suddenly threw a terrible looking punch at Kurt Angle and laid him out, and he and Steph headed up the ramp as Ronda checked on Kurt.

Smackdown Results
  • John Cena came out to open the show, but with a Bludgeon Brother nameplate. He announced only Shinsuke Nakamura had a guaranteed spot at Wrestlemania on the Smackdown roster, and he wanted to get in on the Fastlane main event for a shot at AJ's title, and thus the other half of Nakamura's Wrestlemania title match.

• Shane McMahon came out first to talk about Cena's request, then Bryan came out to declare that he believed in Smackdown as the land of opportunity, so he was going to give Cena a chance. If he could beat AJ Styles in the main event of Smackdown tonight, he would be added to the multi-man title match at Fastlane.

• According to a sign in the crowd, Corbin doesn't wash his hands.

• Sami Zayn was facing Baron Corbin in a match, with Kevin Owens on commentary. Backstage, Shane and Bryan argued about the fact Owens was on commentary, with Bryan reminding Shane that regardless of whether you liked Owens or not, he was excellent on commentary (he is!).

• Corbin defeated Sami Zayn, after Sami was distracted when Ziggler came out of nowhere to superkick Owens on commentary. Postmatch, Ziggler jumped Corbin and hit him with the Zig-Zag. After a few moments of silence, they played the record scratch to interrupt nothing, then played Ziggler's theme.

• Shane ate popcorn happily backstage and claimed that Bryan's "boys" had got what was coming to them by being attacked from behind and losing by distraction. Bryan ignored this and asked if he could just go home to see his wife and kid instead of wasting his time on Smackdown, and Shane happily agreed.

• Backstage, Sami was furious while Owens continued to sell the superkick. They ran into Shane still eating popcorn, and he decided to joke that they should follow Bryan so they wouldn't be late for dinner at his house. Sami was furious, and pretty justifiably so.

• Ruby Riott defeated Naomi, so now Charlotte has defeated both of Ruby's friends and Ruby has defeated both of Charlotte's.

• Josh Duhamel (currently accused of buying PEDs from the same guy who claims Roman Reigns also bought them) appeared in a Fashion Files segment with Breezango and The New Day where he tried and failed to explain to everybody that he only plays a Police Detective on television, he isn't actually one.

• The New Day came out to talk about how great their matches against the Usos had been, and how they wanted them at Fastlane for another shot at the titles to take them to Wrestlemania. The Usos came out and did a hell of a promo about how they'd been sidelined from Wrestlemania every year they'd been in WWE but no more. The New Day came back with an equally great promo about how they had earned every shot they got and they were going to do the same at Fastlane. This was real good from both sides and the crowd was into it. Then the Bludgeon Brothers showed up.

• The Usos and the New Day momentarily faced down the Bludgeon Brothers, then left the ring and headed up the ramp. There was a small,"WHY YOU SCARED?" chant.

• An "Earlier Today" video was shown where Aiden English and Rusev complained to Shane McMahon that they weren't getting their due and Rusev in particular wasn't being used. Shane agreed and gave English a match against Shinsuke Nakamura.

• Ziggler cut what sounded like a heel promo, complete with those loving text graphics, saying if Cena made it into the multi-man match he would beat him just like all the rest.

• Bobby Roode was interviewed backstage where he said defending his US Title against Randy Orton was an honor. Orton showed up and said Roode was just another guy he had to run through to get what he wanted.

• Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Aiden English. As he left the ring, John Cena came out and the two had a brief staredown.

• Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn were shown backstage watching Cena fight AJ, clearly agitated at the idea of another wrestler being added to THEIR match.

• Cena defeated AJ Styles in a very good match with some neat psychology that mostly went uncommented on by the commentary team. AJ had the match won with Cena looking like he was going to be counted-out, but AJ waved off the count only for Cena to put him through the table and then try to get the count-out win. AJ had Cena in the Calf-Crusher and he looked like he might tap only to see the Wrestlemania sign and use it for the motivation to power out, AA AJ and get the pin.

• Kevin and Sami rushed to the ring to beat up Cena, only for Baron Corbin to also join in on the fight. Ziggler showed up too and attacked AJ while Cena stood back and watched, then Cena AAed Ziggler to end the show.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Feb 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I liked Elias

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i only copy pasted this stuff because no one else seems to care. should we make wwe monthly discussion threads instead or what

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Barreft posted:

I liked Elias

I'll walk with him.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Seconding monthly discussion threads

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
monthly threads means no more show results imo

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i'll make the discussion thread right after raw, but i'm not going to post pictures or results or anything like that because personally i don't read it.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Hmmm good point. Stick with the weekly format I guess

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
It was brought up elsewhere, but Asuka vs Nia really needs a stipulation added to it, because this is getting stupid. Make it Last Woman Standing or something. But I doubt that will happen. We'll get that stipulation when they inevitably have another match after next week's one.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

DarkstarIV posted:

It was brought up elsewhere, but Asuka vs Nia really needs a stipulation added to it, because this is getting stupid. Make it Last Woman Standing or something. But I doubt that will happen. We'll get that stipulation when they inevitably have another match after next week's one.

I would agree if I thought Nia was ready for a gimmick match.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Love the company that pays tribute to the man who said drug addicts should be put to death.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

MassRafTer posted:

Love the company that pays tribute to the man who said drug addicts should be put to death.
I missed most of RAW. Who are you referring to?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

So..what was the point of Angle having Miz fight both Rollins and Balor? Teasing triple threat at Mania?

Weekly discussion threads please.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

piss tape israel posted:

I missed most of RAW. Who are you referring to?

I think it's a reference to Ultimate Warrior.

edit: sorry double post.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Defiance Industries posted:

I would agree if I thought Nia was ready for a gimmick match.

I think Last Woman Standing would be fine, and a good way to end Asuka vs Nia. It's pretty obvious at this point that Nia isn't beating Asuka (or at least not before the streak is broken). It doesn't help that Asuka has been anchored down by Nia (their matches have been okay, but nothing great like Bayley vs Asuka or Sasha vs Asuka). Hell, give us Asuka vs Mickie or something, since Mickie is suddenly a heel again.

Assuming the plan is Asuka vs Alexa at Wrestlemania, have Asuka win, and then shake up the RAW roster. Move a bunch of Smackdown talent to RAW, and a bunch of RAW talent to Smackdown.

I imagine they may want to keep Asuka on the same brand as Ronda in order to inevitably tease a feud between the two.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
watching the roman promo on youtube and other than wwe continuing to think bitch is edgy can they do more of that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So apparently, Seth Rollins
A) Does what John Cena does
B) Does what Cruiserweights does

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I am excited for random Braun vs Elias at Mania with nothing at stake

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Mickie James should take over Absolution and reform it into Mickie-gun.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I am so tired of these bullshit builds to Wrestlemania. They used to be the culmination of a big feud over the past several months. Now the last PPV wraps up and it's all "What is their path to Wrestlemania?"

It reminds me of when Angle and Benoit basically said "I don't have a match, you don't have a match, lets fight!" on the go home show to Wrestlemania.

Just... try! Please, just try to bring some excitement back into seeing matches on Wrestlemania. I get that the show sells itself these days, but just put a little effort into it.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Bayley
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i7iqmOrj0o

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Given the non-title matches they are having him lose, and the fact he mentioned it, do you think they are having Miz become the longest running Intercontinental champ?

I preferred it when they had Santino try and break the Honky Donkey Man's record to this. Because all this will be is a bunch of Miz clean losses in non-title matches and Miztourage interference in the actual title matches. This will get old very quickly, and as good as Miz is, it will take away a lot of his, and the Intercontinental Title's shine.

But saying that, Miz vs Rollins could be fun to watch at Mania.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It's 2 hours after raw and we only have 21 posts. Have they finally broken us?

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Barreft posted:

It's 2 hours after raw and we only have 21 posts. Have they finally broken us?

What's there to talk about now that wasn't already known last night?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Chris James 2 posted:

I am excited for random Braun vs Elias at Mania with nothing at stake

It’s going to be a loving shame when braun is in a meaningless mania match

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Strawberry Panda posted:

What's there to talk about now that wasn't already known last night?

Yeah pretty much

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Roman's promo was real good.

Why bury Titus WW?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Where was Brock?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Monthly discussion threads but put a sticky at the top of the forum with the weekly TV results

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Heel Bayley :hellyeah:

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Do it ironically posted:

It’s going to be a loving shame when braun is in a meaningless mania match

He could lose another ARMBAR instead if you want

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Brock Lesnar refuses to be jerked around by Vince and management, and has managed to use his position to leverage the maximum amount of value he gets out of his own labor. This makes him a bad guy because America has no class consciousness.

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Feb 27, 2018

bartok
May 10, 2006

Apollo was called up from NXT way too early. It's pretty clear he's extremely gifted in the ring but could have used the time actually developing a personality. It's such a waste of potential but that's been the story of the WWF/E midcard since the beginning.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Wacky waving inflatable bone breaking blood drinking soul sucking flailing arm tube men

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I had to leave during the overrun just at the point where Rousey threatened to rip Steph's arm out of her socket. When I finally got a chance to catch up.... THAT was the loving ending to the show? Jesus Christ.

I'm still excited for AJ vs Shinsuke and I still hold out hope for Sasha vs Bayley, but otherwise right now this isn't shaping up to be a particularly exciting looking Wrestlemania card.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
AJ vs Shinsuke will be a hell of a curtain jerker

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I kinda wish I had caught Raw because The Big Dog actually cut a pretty drat good promo tonight that has me invested in the match. He said the naughty word again for some cheap excitement, but they really didn't need to punch up the promo at all.

If this is the Roman we get when we finally enter the promised yard at mania, I'm gonna be pretty happy with it. Awoo!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Blaise330 posted:

AJ vs Shinsuke will be a hell of a curtain jerker
I said it in the previous thread but they'll close the show with HHH/Steph vs Kurt/Ronda. Just a gut feeling I have since they're so hell-bent on getting Steph "over"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Updated the thread with more concise Raw results. Thanks for making the thread, KFG, I appreciate it.

piss tape israel posted:

I said it in the previous thread but they'll close the show with HHH/Steph vs Kurt/Ronda. Just a gut feeling I have since they're so hell-bent on getting Steph "over"

I still think Vince is absolutely determined to have his crowning moment of glory of Roman defeating Brock Lesnar to become THE man in WWE in front of tens of thousands of cheering fans.

I mean, he'll have to edit in the cheers and do plenty of cutting to insert earlier shots of crowd cheering to get it, but that's what he wants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Roman's promo reminded me of when my mom started going off on unions and how they're entitled and have all these benefits and how hard she works but doesn't have what they have so why should they. Capitalism, it's bad folks.

• Locked thread