Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bartok
May 10, 2006

Dacap posted:

Netflix just announced CM Punk will be hosting season 3 of Ultimate Beastmaster

I had no idea what that show was until a clip popped up on the first episode of Joel McHale's We Legally Can't Call This The Soup But It's The Soup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

bartok posted:

I had no idea what that show was until a clip popped up on the first episode of Joel McHale's We Legally Can't Call This The Soup But It's The Soup

Same

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

CobiWann posted:

So have we hit the point where Roman's promo last night was always bad?

Truth is a funny word, you know?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

musicals are garbage

CobiWann posted:

So have we hit the point where Roman's promo last night was always bad?

I mean it was actually really bad so yes.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

D.N. Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlzk9H91dA

How dare you miss this five-star classic

The guy who wrote this video description should join the promo writing team imo

that YouTube posted:

After awesome and brutal match between The One in 22 and One ,The Beast Incarnate , The Undertaker's Conqueror Brock Lesnar and The Old DeadBitch TakerAss , Brock Lesnar passOut after Taker puts him in Hells Gate . But actually winner is Brock Lesnar , because ,Brock put Taker to Kimura and Undertaker after 25 year career for the first time taping OUT!! but the stupid ref doesn't see it , and he continues the match . When Brock was focus on the situation , That Old bastard once again , like a coward and girl Low Blowing Lesnar once again , puts him in Hells Gate and Brock Pas Out . Think whatever what you want it , fact is : Brock Lesnar is true winner , there is no doubt , and the BellMan , WWE Universe ,and Paul Heyman saw Everything . Well Forgett about Summerslam ,and what happens, let's move to the Raw!!! . Where Brock Lesnar kicks off Raw , and Calling out Undertaker for one more time to fight !!! but That old bitch doesn't show up , Bo Dallas shows up :D and gets the ticket to Suplex City!!!!!!!!. Okay Folks , Enjoy the video!!!!!!!!!!!!ą

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlzk9H91dA

How dare you miss this five-star classic

Lesnar's face when he realizes he's been dunked on by Bo Dallas.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

The Old DeadBitch TakerAss

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/968509184751865856

Asuka/Miz are great.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Is Joe hurt? Just occurred to me he's been gone

That answer is yes more often than it's no.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Gavok posted:

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3stmaster

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cavauro posted:

is my tasmanian devil shirt going to be a problem in this community.

Only in that I wish I had it instead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Roman should learn how to cut a worked shoot promo from a master like Damien Sandow.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Rhonne posted:

Roman should learn how to cut a worked shoot promo from a master like Damien Sandow.

Uhm exscuse me don't you mean noted shooter :aronrex:

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the brock no show work to try to get roman over just shows you that they either don't know, and or don't care why people dislike roman, but whatever it's typical wwe stuff

im just waiting for Bryan's contract to run out so i can see someone die in the ring via someone's lovely potrait mode phone video from an indie show (spolier it'll be bryan)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just scanned through RAW and while everyone's talking about Roman's promo (I don't care what Roman does or says and I don't sympathize with him because it doesn't feel earned) what the hell was that McMahons/Angle/Rousey segment? Like, seriously, what the hell was that? So the Rousey storyline so far is:

- Ronda Rousey shows up at Royal Rumble, interrupting the first Women's Rumble victor, facing off with the two Women's Champions, pointing to the WM sign, and shaking Stephanie McMahon's hand.
- Rousey shows up at Elimination Chamber to sign a contract where she announces she's not looking for a Women's Title match despite last month's actions but does want an undefined WM spot.
- Kurt Angle randomly announces that Steph and HHH want to use Rousey and he heard them say all kinds of stuff.
- Ronda kicks HHH's rear end and gets slapped by Stephanie.
- Steph tries to clear the air.
- Ronda wants to kill Steph for disrespecting her with the slap.
- Angle claims he lied while intimating that he's just saying this to keep his job.
- Steph apologizes for slapping Ronda.
- Ronda accepts this all and is good to go.
- HHH hits Angle for fun.

The hell? Like I get where this story is going to end up but who the hell is writing this poo poo and what's the point of this? It would be better if they just pulled the Taker thing and had Ronda point at signs each week.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Seems pretty likely they didn't have their plans set in stone at the Rumble so the Elimination Chamber should be kind of a story reset on her.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

bartok posted:

When can I get a shirt with Roman's catchphrase "Bitch"?
can we get a gif in shirt form

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Aphrodite posted:

Seems pretty likely they didn't have their plans set in stone at the Rumble so the Elimination Chamber should be kind of a story reset on her.

Sure, but the story's not exactly making much sense over the last 48 hours either. Kurt's behavior barely makes sense, there's a whole chapter built around Steph getting comeuppance that ends in Rousey being very magnanimous and forgiving her even when Angle's thing seemed to be implying Authority manipulation, and HHH is just picking fights with the guy who he just got to lie for him? No one is behaving in a terribly rational sense and that segment had no resolution or payoff.

Actually I guess maybe I'm sympathetic to Rousey because I guess if I was in her place I'd be confused as to what's happening too.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Minidust posted:

Watch this on loop for a minute straight every time it gets posted

I will never feel as strongly about anything as that dude did about a Bella saying the b-word

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
A contract with a no special treatment clause*

*in exchange for licencing a Joan Jett track for entrance music

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Minidust posted:

I wish I had the ability to be as shocked about anything as that guy is.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
kurt was telling the truth on sunday (because he is a face and therefore a "good person" in the wrestling world) to warn ronda and trips and steph are threatening to fire him if he doesn't take back what he said and convince ronda they weren't saying poo poo behind her back. over the next few weeks it'll be revealed that trips and steph were talking poo poo about ronda and mocking her for accepting a "normal wrestler" contract because her star isn't as bright as it was a couple years ago and ronda's gonna have murderface again.

come on guys they've been forcing the ronda thing for years and are going for it in a very normal mcmahon angle way.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
it's a lot easier for Angle to just tell us what's going on instead of showing it happen. that's why they always say "tell, don't show" because it's much easier to write that way

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

shiksa posted:

kurt was telling the truth on sunday (because he is a face and therefore a "good person" in the wrestling world) to warn ronda and trips and steph are threatening to fire him if he doesn't take back what he said and convince ronda they weren't saying poo poo behind her back. over the next few weeks it'll be revealed that trips and steph were talking poo poo about ronda and mocking her for accepting a "normal wrestler" contract because her star isn't as bright as it was a couple years ago and ronda's gonna have murderface again.

come on guys they've been forcing the ronda thing for years and are going for it in a very normal mcmahon angle way.

Yeah, it was fairly obvious when Angle said "I'm doing what I have to do, I need this job" that he was just covering for the McMahons because they threatened him. That's not in question. But he comes off like an irrational actor or pushover stooge day to day, Rousey comes off like an idiot if she didn't pick up on it, Steph got to walk away having manipulated the stupid faces, and HHH then hit Angle anyway even though that's now going to lead to Angle putting his pride over his job and making the match happen.

I don't care if its common for McMahons. Its really, really stupid.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

STAC Goat posted:

I just scanned through RAW and while everyone's talking about Roman's promo (I don't care what Roman does or says and I don't sympathize with him because it doesn't feel earned) what the hell was that McMahons/Angle/Rousey segment? Like, seriously, what the hell was that? So the Rousey storyline so far is:

- Ronda Rousey shows up at Royal Rumble, interrupting the first Women's Rumble victor, facing off with the two Women's Champions, pointing to the WM sign, and shaking Stephanie McMahon's hand.
- Rousey shows up at Elimination Chamber to sign a contract where she announces she's not looking for a Women's Title match despite last month's actions but does want an undefined WM spot.
- Kurt Angle randomly announces that Steph and HHH want to use Rousey and he heard them say all kinds of stuff.
- Ronda kicks HHH's rear end and gets slapped by Stephanie.
- Steph tries to clear the air.
- Ronda wants to kill Steph for disrespecting her with the slap.
- Angle claims he lied while intimating that he's just saying this to keep his job.
- Steph apologizes for slapping Ronda.
- Ronda accepts this all and is good to go.
- HHH hits Angle for fun.

The hell? Like I get where this story is going to end up but who the hell is writing this poo poo and what's the point of this? It would be better if they just pulled the Taker thing and had Ronda point at signs each week.

tbf I can’t even think of a storyline to setup ronda/kurt vs steph/trips because it’s such a stupid loving ego trip so kudos to the writers for at least coming up with this pile of poo poo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

The direction was reported on the night of the Rumble.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The important thing is that they’re redoing the Austin McMahon feud right down to the letter, so we can expect memorable segments such as:
- Stephanie covering Ronda in beer
- Stephanie clonking Ronda with a bedpan
- Stephanie making Ronda piss herself

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I just hope the Kurt bits continue to escalate. "Ronda, they said they wanted to chop you up with a sword!" "Please excuse Mr. Angle, he has polio."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

projecthalaxy posted:

I just hope the Kurt bits continue to escalate. "Ronda, they said they wanted to chop you up with a sword!" "Please excuse Mr. Angle, he has polio."

Kurt: Ronda, they said they want you and Travis Browne to stay together forever.
Steph: Now you've finally gone too far Kurt, but I'll forgive you because your recent vaccinations have given you autism.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It'd probably be a little better if it turns out that HHH and Steph were threatening Jason Jordan's job, not Kurt's. Kurt straight up said that if HHH tries to gently caress with him again, then he can take the job and shove it up his rear end.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I don't see anything all that awful about the writing of the Rousey storyline except for how it looks with Roman/Brock going on. On one side you have "You have to listen to your bosses and that's bad!" while on the other side you have "He doesn't listen to his bosses and that's bad!"

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Catching up with all the wrestling and man is most of it dire

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Raskolnikov38 posted:

tbf I can’t even think of a storyline to setup ronda/kurt vs steph/trips because it’s such a stupid loving ego trip so kudos to the writers for at least coming up with this pile of poo poo

Sure...

Ronda signs at EC. Do some build up, Steph tells Ronda that at Raw she will find out who her first opponent will be. Next night Steph goes into Power Trip mode, tells Ronda she is going to waste her contract doing nothing and not giving her what she wanted, to be a WWE Superstar. Says she'll do autograph signings, make appearances, but will not wrestle. Ronda puts Steph in some submission hold, demands a match at Wrestlemania against Stephanie and gets it. Triple H adds himself to the match, says it is going to be a handicap match. Angle adds himself to the match to even it out because he is a GM.

That's somewhat less cringe worthy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gavok posted:

I don't see anything all that awful about the writing of the Rousey storyline except for how it looks with Roman/Brock going on. On one side you have "You have to listen to your bosses and that's bad!" while on the other side you have "He doesn't listen to his bosses and that's bad!"

Chad Gable, Shelton Benjamin, Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens all agreed with this post, but a ref overturned it, so now only Sami Zayn and Kevin Owens agree with it.

Astro7x posted:

Sure...

Ronda signs at EC. Do some build up, Steph tells Ronda that at Raw she will find out who her first opponent will be. Next night Steph goes into Power Trip mode, tells Ronda she is going to waste her contract doing nothing and not giving her what she wanted, to be a WWE Superstar. Says she'll do autograph signings, make appearances, but will not wrestle. Ronda puts Steph in some submission hold, demands a match at Wrestlemania against Stephanie and gets it. Triple H adds himself to the match, says it is going to be a handicap match. Angle adds himself to the match to even it out because he is a GM.

That's somewhat less cringe worthy.

The COO of the company announcing his intention to beat the poo poo out of a woman 2-on-1 with his wife would be pretty great TV, I'm not gonna lie.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't wait for uh Jeff jarrett to be gm of raw after wrestlemania

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And to Steph's credit, seeing her stomp up to Rousey like a badass and then poo poo herself and go "Sorry ma'am" was pretty funny. I actually buy that Stephanie is a little bit scared of the woman 10 years her junior who won medals and belts beating people up for real.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Namtab posted:

Catching up with all the wrestling and man is most of it dire

Most of the wrestling is pretty good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WOR stated last night that Asuka was supposed to announce which title she was going after last night on RAW, but they decided to scrap it. I think they are waiting to see how this Alexa/Asuka feud pans out before deciding.

I would expect an announcement after Fastlane. As for Nia vs Alexa, that could probably be scrapped due to the fact that it would be one of the worst matches on the card by a wide margin. Alexa vs Asuka would probably be for the better anyways, because it seems like WWE wants to have Carmella cash in and win the Smackdown Women's title, and they don't want to give her Asuka's streak as part of that.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Namtab posted:

I really, really want to hear CFO$ doing a rip-off of his TNA song, but they'd probably just use Be My Baby Tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Namtab posted:

only if they bring back tennessee lee as co-gm

• Locked thread