Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
watching the roman promo on youtube and other than wwe continuing to think bitch is edgy can they do more of that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

ignoring the worked shoot aspect and trying to be edgy I liked Romans promo because it sets up the feud as something other than "can Roman overcome the odds for the ten thousandth time"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I just scanned through RAW and while everyone's talking about Roman's promo (I don't care what Roman does or says and I don't sympathize with him because it doesn't feel earned) what the hell was that McMahons/Angle/Rousey segment? Like, seriously, what the hell was that? So the Rousey storyline so far is:

- Ronda Rousey shows up at Royal Rumble, interrupting the first Women's Rumble victor, facing off with the two Women's Champions, pointing to the WM sign, and shaking Stephanie McMahon's hand.
- Rousey shows up at Elimination Chamber to sign a contract where she announces she's not looking for a Women's Title match despite last month's actions but does want an undefined WM spot.
- Kurt Angle randomly announces that Steph and HHH want to use Rousey and he heard them say all kinds of stuff.
- Ronda kicks HHH's rear end and gets slapped by Stephanie.
- Steph tries to clear the air.
- Ronda wants to kill Steph for disrespecting her with the slap.
- Angle claims he lied while intimating that he's just saying this to keep his job.
- Steph apologizes for slapping Ronda.
- Ronda accepts this all and is good to go.
- HHH hits Angle for fun.

The hell? Like I get where this story is going to end up but who the hell is writing this poo poo and what's the point of this? It would be better if they just pulled the Taker thing and had Ronda point at signs each week.

tbf I can’t even think of a storyline to setup ronda/kurt vs steph/trips because it’s such a stupid loving ego trip so kudos to the writers for at least coming up with this pile of poo poo

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

i have more respect for roman as a wrestler than brock. roman's at least out there every night and while i cannot fault brock for making a shitton of money for doing nothing he's a drain on the product

granted i think you're right in that my about face on roman is because i hate brock more

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope this wasn't posted already, because it is gold
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNIqAcUIG70

just replace smackdown with 2 hours of upupdowndown

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Gonz posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b45RJMBaiWM

*in Jack Palance voice*

"BELIEVE IT......or not?"

this is going to be the biggest wettest fart

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They literally just put Braun over like the whole upper card on the last PPV.

the point is more why isn’t Braun "the guy" since he's over as hell and is everything vince loves in a wrestler

my theory is sunk cost fallacy

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

The biggest sign of Miz being only okay as a wrestler and not that great at building a guy is after all the great build to Miz/Maryse vs Cena/Nikki the match had like 0 heat during it.

because everybody knew it was going to end with cena/nikki winning and then proposing?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if that match was going to have any heat miz would have had to come out as daniel bryan

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

miz is the best because without him how would we have ever learned the joys of mizdad

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Miz didn’t put Braun in the truck, The Bar and Kane did. Miz was just standing off to the side.

in fact as i recall, the miz was the only one perturbed at the murder they had just seemingly committed

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Armitage posted:

Miz is good. Roman Reigns is fine but booked weirdly.

Zack Ryder sucks.

You know it

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Namtab posted:

That's what annoyed me about reigns/cena and, unless they change tack, will annoy me about reigns/brock.

Roman shouldn't be cutting promos whining about how he has to work every week and his opponents only work part time because that makes him look weaker.

The promos should recognise that his opponents are strong wrestlers who can dominate anyone despite only working part time, but that Roman is going to try hard to beat them because he is Roman reigns and this is his yard. That builds up the opponent and is a natural face angle for Roman to take. It's also a really natural angle to take with Brock who has been built into a monster.

(To build better match braun/brock I'd have Braun cut some promos about how what he wants is competition, and lesner is the only man to provide a challenge)

agreed Roman should keep talking about overcoming the odds instead of what got him cheered for once

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

boar guy posted:

i thought he was invested in dallas real estate or something

lmao, welp we're going to be seeing a lot more of him once the economy collapses in the next year or two

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol why would you do that at a house show

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Strawberry Panda posted:

Y'all are being worked. Brock wants you to think he doesn't give a gently caress so you boo him at Wrestlemania. Then when his match against Roman sucks you'll be glad the Big Dog retired him and is the champion of the Universe.

this booking is intentional but it’s not like Brock doesn’t have a long history of not giving a gently caress

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Vince must be kicking himself for not thinking of this two years ago

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dimebags Brain posted:

So in kayfabe, wouldn't Brock winning in 30 seconds reflect poorly on Kane and not Brock? Like it's not Brock's fault Kane's such a washed up loser he gets beat by two suplexs and an F5.

yes but this is directed entirely at smarks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

This would be the absolute best way to have a woman main event Mania.

Carmella is revealed to have been playing the long con when close reading of her contract shows that wwe forgot to change the the titles it’s eligible for when they printed a second copy of the men's contract

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

VJeff posted:

Dude, if they did this and she cut a promo on Raw saying she was intentionally loving up all those cash-in attempts when she did stuff like kicked that referee AND YOU ALL BOUGHT IT I would buy so much Carmella merchandise the next day.

book a spot where brock crushes roman's hand so he can't use the superman punch and this just might work

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

their best move would probably be bringing KO over to raw to feud with Roman until the summerslam build

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

doing "brock won't even show up" works well exactly once as a stand-in for brock not showing up except for a meager handful of ppvs. if they do it every monday from now until mania its going to backfire hilariously

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Mulaney Power Move posted:

for real don't ever underestimate how loving retarded people are. i still don't even know how the moon works.

for real what's the deal with the moon it's always different and poo poo.

it’s a giant rock that sometimes gets between the sun and the earth and sometimes the earth gets between it and the sun

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

also its a quarter of a million miles away

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Dacap posted:

So I guess the Rousey plan is to replicate the Austin/Vince rivalry with her and Steph, so we'll be seeing Steph every Raw now too

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

It'll be another celebrity, probably the guy from Arrow or Jon Stewart.

god help us

• Locked thread