Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Catching up with all the wrestling and man is most of it dire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Can't wait for uh Jeff jarrett to be gm of raw after wrestlemania

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Most of the wrestling is pretty good.

Well ok the raws have been good, the smackdowns have been bad, I love the mmc, 205 live is ok, I'm watching elimination chamber RN.

I don't like the rousey angle.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Romans popularity depends on whether you can look past the fact that he's boring and has the charisma of a rock

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Braun meanwhile gives the fans what they want, people getting those hands

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Austin, rock, cena and Bryan also have charisma and can give good promos.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Lid posted:

the thing there is to remember both Rock and Bryan absolutely sucked at promos early on, especially Bryan, and they improved a tonne over the years so its not all natural instantly good main eventer

hell look at Orton whose been a main eventer for as long as Cena has been and his promo ability

Who needs promo ability when you have the rko meme

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Cnat wait for John cents to wrestle the undertaker

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Raw commentary seems like two heels and one neutral

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

The problem is that the superman punch is just a jumping punch and his spear looks weaker when compared to people who have had better. Roman needs a new finisher.

Meanwhile seth keeps busting out new finishers like he's Kirby or something

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

Even so, if you manage to convince the audience that your opponent is a weak stupid poopyhead and then beat him then congrats, you have beaten a weak stupid poopyhead. The match being a foregone conclusion shouldn't matter at all, because duh, this is wrestling.

That's what annoyed me about reigns/cena and, unless they change tack, will annoy me about reigns/brock.

Roman shouldn't be cutting promos whining about how he has to work every week and his opponents only work part time because that makes him look weaker.

The promos should recognise that his opponents are strong wrestlers who can dominate anyone despite only working part time, but that Roman is going to try hard to beat them because he is Roman reigns and this is his yard. That builds up the opponent and is a natural face angle for Roman to take. It's also a really natural angle to take with Brock who has been built into a monster.

(To build better match braun/brock I'd have Braun cut some promos about how what he wants is competition, and lesner is the only man to provide a challenge)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

VJeff posted:

Man, I'm going back through the Wrestlemania 33 GDT.

We were all having so much fun up through the Raw Tag Team match. :(

The ramp was the star of that thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Brand split survivor series is the worst ppv gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

fart blood posted:

I just realized why this whole "brock doesn't care" angle is dumb.

I mean, in the moment, it worked, kind of. Roman has absolutely no ability to speak with passion or conviction, but his promo on Monday was better than his usual promos. And Brock being advertised but not being there helped that out a lot.

The thing is, worked shoot angles like this don't work anymore because of newsletters and the internet. So yeah, Roman cuts a worked shoot promo that was effective because Brock really wasn't there....but then word will get out that Brock was off TV on purpose to sell the angle, and that completely undoes it.

So the whole thing is dumb and worked shoots are dumb.

I mean come on.

The answer is to ask yourself is how many fans are like us and post on the internet about the wrestling/look at the rumours and how many fans just watch on tv.

• Locked thread