Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

*Vince wins Royal Rumble*

I STILL NEED A WRESTLEMANIA OPPORTUNITY®, GUESS I'LL GO TO SMACKDOWN

(yes I know SD debuted after the '99 RR)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Cena is made to EMBRACE THE HATE and canvass for Jacobs 4 Knox County

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

boar guy posted:

i like where he was mouthing the words to himself so he could remember where he was and also that at the beginning it looked like he was debating whether to cut the promo or quit the business on the spot

He was supposed to be debating with himself whether or not to Keep It Real, not looking like he forgot his lines; sadly the Large Dog doesn't exactly have the benefit of the doubt here.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

fun fact about brockle snar, the champion of raw, the top guy on raw, the king of raw for the last couple years. the last time he competed on raw was july 22, 2002, when he faced tommy dreamer in a singapore cane match.

kids born on july 22, 2002 are learning to drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKlzk9H91dA

How dare you miss this five-star classic

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

quote:

The Old DeadBitch TakerAss

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Streaks are dumb because when you end it, you either kill what was most worthwhile about the character (Rusev), or to preserve relevance you book yourself into a corner (Brad Maddox/Ryback, Fingerpoke of Doom). You know what, I say gently caress it, let Asuka's first loss be to a Mella cash-in. It'd at least be something.

To that end, I much rather prefer the way in aggregate that Braaaaaun was built. No streak, but dominance. Not perfect, but awesome.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Oh, I know they aren't going to waste it on honkin' Carmella. I'm just already pre-bummed because I know they're going to fart the landing on the end of the streak.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Dean’s cash-in should have been the swansong for MitB, the gimmick is totally dead from two poo poo winners this year

Man I loved '16 MITB. So many moments. AJ beating Cena. Roman losing clean. Dean cashing in. Titus kissing his kid on the lips.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Another champion related pet peeve of mine is when WWE doesn't have the champ come out last. YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE CHAMP COME OUT LAST!!!! It really bugs me

I like that at Mania 24, they did indeed have WHC Edge come on last, which meant Undertaker's spooky entrance was done to scare...an empty ring. Well, maybe the ref.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

God, imagine spending $23K on a ticket only to get stuck behind some fat, tall prick who won't sit the gently caress down.

Ah, so that's Kane's way into WrestleMania

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

I hope if we get John Cena vs Undertaker at Wrestlemania, we get Biker Taker. Much more interesting than Deadman Undertaker vs John Cena, in my opinion. Roman may have retired the Deadman, but not Biker Taker, after all! :v:

Bikertaker, at least at the beginning, was out of shape and slow and refused to put anyone over, so that'd probably be a better aesthetic move for Calaway at this point.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I was fine with Mizryse/Cenikki. The show was already 80 hours long; that match had to get from point A (Miz being a dick) to point B (the proposal) quickly and it did. I was amused with Miz hamming it up for the crowd, the woman next to me at the watch party cried with Cena proposed, ta da, sports entertainment.

Very much agree with an earlier point that Maryse cheating for Miz >>>> the Miztourage cheating for Miz.

Roman is fine. I'd prefer to watch him in a long title reign rather than the guy chasing because it plays better to his arrogant jock-iness.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

w/r/t Mania 32:

Taker/Shane had three spots in a 30-minute match, one (the coast2coast) was botched.
Rock flamethrower/Wyatts/Cena segment went on forever and had a Rock Bottom.
Reigns/Trips had two spots in a 30-minute match, one a telegraphed "let's plow into the barricade" one and the other of course being Steph getting speared.

So that's...five Wrestling Things happening over the course of about an hour and a half. SDL has more than that. (Usually.) And that's after the WTF ladder match ending, the Brock/Dean match where Brock didn't give a crap, Jericho going over AJ for some reason, and the women's triple threat that, while great, ended with too much Ric Flair. What a dire show.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

I feel like Kane is thought of by Vince as a nearly perfect prototypical Big Man Wrestler archetype: Big and imposing but according to his opponents worked very light and safe

Yep. I like to think that the last straw for Punk at the '14 Rumble was when even Kane hurt him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Andrast posted:

Imagine if they used Brock Lesnar to help get anybody over

Joe was looking like a megastar in that buildup, which did owe somewhat to Heyman and Lesnar willing to look like beatable chumps in the build. (For once, Brock's ability to turn stop sign-red in 20 seconds worked.)

And then the match happened.

• Locked thread