Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

1stGear posted:

How valuable is it to level up your party's techniques? Should I be trying to get all of them up, only the ones I like, only specific ones?

Focus on the stuff that seems useful to you. I forgot to level up most of them and didnt even notice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Ignis's regroup is literally the best skill. Everything else is whatever by comparison.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teh_Broseph posted:

100 gigs?? O lawdy, gotta clear up some drive space.

Heads up when I logged in GMG and added it to my cart came up a little cheaper than it showed on the front page - 49.99 $36.49 (-27%)

Yeah, trying to figure out how to do this on my 250 GB SSD drive is turning into game of its on.

For the price, it's showing 21% vs 27% for me for some reason.

Edit: Got the 36%. Time to order.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 1, 2018

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Tae posted:

Ignis's regroup is literally the best skill. Everything else is whatever by comparison.

Igni's skill that makes everyone attack simultaneously is much more useful once you're used to the game's combat, at least against bosses.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'd say Ignis' ability to give Noct an elemental damage buff against whatever the enemy is weakest to is the best ability, actually.

The moral of the story is that Ignis is the best all around.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

man nurse posted:

I’m so hype for this stupid anime game that I’ve already played to 100% completion

Looking forward to driving myself insane doing the puzzle dungeon all over again. :negative:

I think the big thing I'm most interested in is mod support. I'm hoping their end target for mod support is something closer to Skyrim. I want to see people come up with new gameplay stuff and quests and things.

And a survival mode for the Decade of Darkness. :unsmigghh:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was excited to finally start playing this game, then they announced more dlc episodes through 2019 so welp, time to put it off for another year to wait for those to be out.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Preload is up on Steam. Download is around 75.5GB

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Anyone have any youtube folks ya like that cover what skills are good or total bunk, special items or sidequests to make sure not to miss or trash, that kind of stuff? I'm not after a 100% guide but it'd be groovy for a second playthrough to have a better idea of ~what's optimal~.

e: Like last time I spent a bunch of points down the airdash whatever Noctis tree and didn't figure out how to do anything with it, and sold a bunch of coins or whatever that I could've used for the quadcast sort of magic crafting.

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Mar 2, 2018

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

teh_Broseph posted:

Anyone have any youtube folks ya like that cover what skills are good or total bunk, special items or sidequests to make sure not to miss or trash, that kind of stuff? I'm not after a 100% guide but it'd be groovy for a second playthrough to have a better idea of ~what's optimal~.

I don't have any of those things but here's someone showing off the different weapon movesets and how to perform them, since the game mentions this very briefly in an optional tutorial but never asks you to try it for yourself or give any indication that your inputs are doing anything in particular. He goes into some detail about their benefits and utility as well. Hopefully it makes combat more interesting.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QuantaStarFire posted:

Preload is up on Steam. Download is around 75.5GB

drat I think that's a new record.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 2, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I will hold down the attack button AS HARD AS I CAN in memory of Jared.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
People on the steam forums seem to be going nuts about Denuvo, is this actually something to care about?

Also people apparently found a way to get the origin download to work with the demo exe....all of which seems kind of overkill unless you're leaving on a some super long term vacation in the next two days lol

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 2, 2018

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
i just got my preorder key from GMG, preloading now. i haven't been this hype for a game in a while but the demo was so good i had to preorder.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

botany posted:

i just got my preorder key from GMG, preloading now. i haven't been this hype for a game in a while but the demo was so good i had to preorder.

Came to also report getting my GMG key. Which is good because jesus that is a large viddy game. :stare:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ms Adequate posted:

Came to also report getting my GMG key. Which is good because jesus that is a large viddy game. :stare:

it will take me 30 consecutive hours of downloading to complete

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still have to figure out how to free up all the space needed so I can put it on my SSD.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

melodicwaffle posted:

I don't have any of those things but here's someone showing off the different weapon movesets and how to perform them, since the game mentions this very briefly in an optional tutorial but never asks you to try it for yourself or give any indication that your inputs are doing anything in particular. He goes into some detail about their benefits and utility as well. Hopefully it makes combat more interesting.

Thanks! Some good stuff on that channel bout how the combat system works.

Got my crashes to stop for the last bit of the demo by knocking everything down to medium settings. I dunno, maybe high texture setting was still too high for 8GB system RAM? Hoping it Just Works in the final version cause I have a 2500k + 1080 so should be able to run about anything pretty solid. Will holler back if it still happens and I figure anything out.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

People on the steam forums seem to be going nuts about Denuvo, is this actually something to care about?

not really

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Has anyone datamined more weird nude models like the console version?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Andrast posted:

not really

Good to know.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Has anyone datamined more weird nude models like the console version?

Wait...what?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

My understanding is Denuvo is only a problem if they implement it really poorly. It hosed Rime the hell up because the Rime devs set it to phone home like thousands of times a second. Whereas most games it's set to check like a couple of times every few minutes which has no noticeable impact.

It is Square though so uh, I'm gonna wait a day or two to see how it pans out.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A little more than 24 hours remain on the clock before the Royal Edition releases. Get hype guys, it's like release day all over again for PC users!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm excited it's all preloaded and I somehow found hard drive space on the SSD.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Can't wait, I even managed to get a day off for it. :neckbeard:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus do you live in Canada?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Im gonna post a hot tip here for all of you new players which I only learned recently:

Save as much AP as you can for Impervious skill Noctis has.

What it actually does is break your fall whenever an enemy knocks you down on your rear end (a lot) and recovers your HP at the same time

It costs 333 ap but you can get it early if you save up

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

WaltherFeng posted:

Im gonna post a hot tip here for all of you new players which I only learned recently:

Save as much AP as you can for Impervious skill Noctis has.

What it actually does is break your fall whenever an enemy knocks you down on your rear end (a lot) and recovers your HP at the same time

It costs 333 ap but you can get it early if you save up

333 ap sounds like a lot early on instead of Gitting Gud and hit less and using Ignis's Regroup? That cost would cover like, earn AP for chocobo/car rides, more damage on link and warp strikes and stuff, two accessory slots for everyone.

My protip is to skip the tutorial; the game will still teach you like the same stuff at the start and as you go and it drags out the start of what's already an overall slow paced game imo.

e: And to plow through the main storyline to chapter 3 before any sidequesting stuff so you can ride chocobos instead of running like a chump. (You can go back to the earlier areas.)

teh_Broseph fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 5, 2018

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Wishing this had a midnight release tonight

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it comes out when i wake up tomorrow... good life

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Oh sorry for dropping that a few days ago. The console release had datamined models of two female character models that has visible nipples. Genitana who's model is shown ingame cutscenes and the mayor of Altissia which is...not used ingame.

I heard this is a technique for the animation modelers to rig the camera during nude scenes. They did this in FF14 too with Vanillia and Fang and that Quantic Dream game Beyond Two Souls got in trouble for it when they didn't tell Ellen Paige they were going to make a nude model for her character.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Oh sorry for dropping that a few days ago. The console release had datamined models of two female character models that has visible nipples. Genitana who's model is shown ingame cutscenes and the mayor of Altissia which is...not used ingame.

I heard this is a technique for the animation modelers to rig the camera during nude scenes. They did this in FF14 too with Vanillia and Fang and that Quantic Dream game Beyond Two Souls got in trouble for it when they didn't tell Ellen Paige they were going to make a nude model for her character.

Wait, does this mean when they made Omikron they made a nude model of Bowie?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ms Adequate posted:

Wait, does this mean when they made Omikron they made a nude model of Bowie?

That's nothing special. Datamining has revealed most games have a nude David Bowie model somewhere in their files.Apparently Gunpei Yokoi started it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This beautiful child unlocks as soon as I get in from work which is good because I've started seeing Stellaris overlays when I close my eyes so need the distraction

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This beautiful child unlocks as soon as I get in from work which is good because I've started seeing Stellaris overlays when I close my eyes so need the distraction

I, too, am excited that my sons are coming to visit. Debating on whether I should do a level 1 run or not.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Spoilers for the end of Comrades:

This new Ifrit boss is actually genuinely hard as hell, but I'm enjoying it. They should add this moveset to the story Ifrit, it's awesome. How do I get him out of fire mode though? I believe in the original it was just casting ice magic on him.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
The unpackening hath beginnithed

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like it's going to take a couple of hours, actually not as long as I feared.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
2 hours. bleh :|

• Locked thread