Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
imagine the face of these guys complaining about the wait when they realize the game wont actually be fully playable for another year or more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

teh_Broseph posted:

The unpackening hath beginnithed

I went to bed at 10pm last night with about 20gb left to go....15 hours later and somehow its still unpacking

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Relin posted:

imagine the face of these guys complaining about the wait when they realize the game wont actually be fully playable for another year or more

wait, what?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Replace 'playable' with 'complete'.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Does it automatically unpack? I get home from work in like 4 hours and was hoping to hop in immediately.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Jinh posted:

Does it automatically unpack? I get home from work in like 4 hours and was hoping to hop in immediately.

It's a crap shoot with Steam, if it's already running you sometimes have to restart to get the unpacking process going.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Jinh posted:

It did for me, if you're logged in to steam on your home computer.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am willing to wait to restart the adventure of my beautiful sons Noctis, Gladio, and Ignis.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

It's a crap shoot with Steam, if it's already running you sometimes have to restart to get the unpacking process going.

MinorRed posted:

It did for me, if you're logged in to steam on your home computer.

Sweet thanks, I can't wait to discover new things to cook alongside my four new favorite boys

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
kb&m or controller?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

KB&M is pretty much fine for general gameplay but the menus are kind of a pain in the rear end using the keyboard.

edit: btw how do i delete cindy from my game

Deakul fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Mar 6, 2018

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
I'm gonna try to run this at 1440 with everything maxed even though my 980ti doesn't meet the minimum requirements for the high res texture pack. If I manage to get a solid 30 FPS, it'll at least be better than when I played it on base PS4.

If you have an Nvidia card, Ansel is just kinda breaking the fishing minigame at the moment so you can enable it and see where each fish is located. I assume it'll be patched shortly, but who knows.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Boo I still get crashes like in the demo, gotta play the game of turning all settings to medium and bumping them up a couple at a time. 2500k finally starting to get a little long in the tooth :ohdear:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
how fuckin long is this unpack jesus christ

e: to clarify i've been unpacking for like 3 four hours now

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 6, 2018

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I preloaded and now it's downloading from about 18gb onwards. Like, it seems to be actually downloading it again despite not activating the high texture pack and all the files are there. Validating does not work. It checks for a few seconds then proclaims all files valid. Steam, please.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Is Comrades something that could be run solo when the community dies in a year?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Is Comrades something that could be run solo when the community dies in a year?

There are bot companions available. A lot of people seem to prefer it solo.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I hope this thing is automatically unpacking while I’m at work. My pc is on with steam up and running and the game preloaded on it.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

any reason not to get this, like horrible bugs or the drm server making GBS threads itself?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Anyone else getting weird cutscene glitches where the models just stutter back and forth between animation? Also the opening cutscene had me skate to cover lol

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I had that, and I promptly changed all the graphical settings back to default and that was the end of that. If you have your settings still on default and that happened to you, I don't know what to tell you.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Gologle posted:

I had that, and I promptly changed all the graphical settings back to default and that was the end of that. If you have your settings still on default and that happened to you, I don't know what to tell you.

yea I left it all on default

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I genuinely didn't comprehend that a game could take this long to unpack :shepface:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I downloaded when the game went live at 11 and was done 3 hours later at 7 mb.

I learned long ago never ever to use steam's unpacking feature.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
It launched but then i quit to desktop and now it seems to get stuck loading the program (blank screen). Does it just take a long rear end time?

e: I HAVE TROUBLESHOT MY OWN FIX, maybe add it to the OP!

GOONS WHAT THE gently caress MY GAME WON'T LAUNCH!
This problem (for many users) stems from using fullscreen settings. But you can't change your settings if the game doesn't start up! gently caress! Simply navigate to C:/Users/<your profile>/My Documents/my games/FINAL FANTASY XV/Steam/<various numbers>/savestorage/ to find GraphicsConfig.ini.

Open GraphicsConfig.ini in a text editor and change the following settings so they read as follows:
FullScreenModeOnStartup=0
HardwareFullScreenMode=0

(they will probably be set to =1)

You can still use soft fullscreen windowed by pressing alt+return as always, but HardwareFullScreenMode MUST BE SET TO 0, or it will freeze because doing so while Hardware is set to 1 will cause the game to switch hard fullscreen.

:btroll::hf::smaug:end of psa

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 7, 2018

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat, I would be really loving lost if I didn't watch Kingsglaive.
They throw so much poo poo at you that is seemingly left unexplained ingame.:psyduck:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

They were trying to make the keep it squarely on Noctis's perspective. I think adding Kinggalive's sizzle reel made it worse

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Armiger Unleashed is so loving cool you guys

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Tech report -

Installed perfectly for me thru Steam, no long unpack like others experienced (was actually running rifts in Diablo III at the time). Runs like a dream on an i5-8400/GTX 1080 at 1440p. 4k on high settings is quite playable in the 45-55 FPS range, but it looks really good at 1440p with TAA and all the conventional settings maxed. Also able to run Hairworks with no performance hit - Grassworks and VXAO hit it pretty hard, though it's still in the playable 40-50 range.

Basically it's everything I've wanted in the PC version.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
"Noctis, your father has been murdered, your throne stolen, and you must find the ancient power of your bloodline to stop an evil empire."

"I'm going to find some car wax and do a diner owner's shopping for him."

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

1stGear posted:

"Noctis, your father has been murdered, your throne stolen, and you must find the ancient power of your bloodline to stop an evil empire."

"I'm going to find some car wax and do a diner owner's shopping for him."

"Maybe do some fishing after."

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Justice Monsters V is GOTY

i guess there's gay boy band road trip in there as well but i've spend more time on weird pinball

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Mar 7, 2018

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Some of the binds are annoying, i like shift to target enemies but I also like it for sprinting. Maybe I can put defend on E, shift to sprint, right click to lock on...

PC controls are real tight and almost intuitive once you get it, I tried using a 360 pad and it was awful. the analog stick didn't work in menus and doing anything fancy in combat was really awkward at least on active. Wait would help a lot there probably.

Making people use the right side of the keyboard is also pure evil because I have to find ijkl to use the map.

Nitpicks on an amazing night of playing this for the first time. Moving on foot and making camps is a pretty fun way of playing, makes me sad that chocobos might obsolete that game play loop of hunting and foraging and camping farther and farther from outposts. Camping is a perfect fit for FF with all the traveling the heroes inevitably do, and having it tie into gameplay feels really gratifying. Colman logos everywhere is pretty funny.

I'm in love with all 4 boys and one of them just got some really bad news and I'm feeling it a lot

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The higher responsiveness a 60fps frame rate gives makes the battle system feel so much better. I always felt like I was flailing around on PS4. Couerls are still huge pieces of poo poo that should DIAF though.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jinh posted:

Camping is a perfect fit for FF with all the traveling the heroes inevitably do

tfw u break camp and realize that yes, tents have been a fixture of final fantasy literally since its inception, and this is just the modern version of a tent :aaaaa:

I did a night hunt that had me beat by almost ten levels. It used up all of my common resources except for one last potion, and taught me the importance of doing on-demand skills, and the technique of hiding in the high ground and recharging your HP/MP while your allies use an i-frame skill, and then doing the timed follow-up to warp in at the very end, once you're completely recovered. I barely won and when I did, I looked at the sky and realized I was fighting all loving night long and the sun was coming up! And that everyone's clothes were gross af and everyone was super happy when we got to the motel

Then I spent an hour fishing and learning how to effectively preserve my string durabilty without even realizing how long I had been staring at nintedo water and trying to catch imaginary fish. Fishing is also the only time I ever turn on the hud, this game with no hud is amazing. Fighting with no hud is the best.

This game is so fuckin great

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Mar 7, 2018

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Honestly this game is great, but the fact Libra is wait mode only is ruining the experience. It's just awful not being able to scan enemies for weakness, especially on some of the harder hunts.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Urthor posted:

Honestly this game is great, but the fact Libra is wait mode only is ruining the experience. It's just awful not being able to scan enemies for weakness, especially on some of the harder hunts.

I've always said they should let Noctis google the monster on his phone while Ignis drives to learn it's weaknesses.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Been plodding along with a level 1 playthrough and forgot how quickly your power drops off once you get past level 10 enemies. The flans in the early hunts very nearly destroyed me.

Urthor posted:

I have mixed feelings on Wait mode because, on the one hand, yeah, Libra is great; on the other hand, I feel like the flow of combat is disrupted when it suddenly pauses the game because you stopped moving for half a second, and I know of a few enemies that are actually harder on Wait mode because of it.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Is there a best time to watch Kingsglaive? I've read something about just before getting on a boat at the end of chapter 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

So I feel like the mysterious camp flamboyant man who gave me pocket money and said ominous threats is probably a bad guy

• Locked thread